ESRP (Evolutionist's Stone RP) Comments

So, what do you think of the lead-in?

I mean, I'm aware that it's a big info-dump, but hopefully, it's a worthy one.

I really want everybody to be on the same page as to what's happening, and this just seems like the best way. It was a bit short and sloppy before, but this time, more things will hopefully be made more clear.

And on that same note, I'll try to add instructions and notes from now on, so folks always know what's going on.

I really hope the story will keep you guys' interest, this time around.

Now, with that being said, the starting setting after the first post will be a bar in San Diego, where we start off with some narration about Wayne (similar to the first story). Hopefully, we can get Bug to come back to the Forum some time soon, because I'd like him to get in on this as well, but until then, the parts that have been taken so far (as I understand them):

Wayne- GV
Jack- Bug
Ivan- Wulf
Pierce- Wulf
Tessa- Zale
Fitz- Marv
Nadia- Unknown (Phi?)

Other minor parts can be negotiated, and so can these, but please let's do any negotiation about the major characters BEFORE we proceed. I don't need there to be any confusion. And I want you all to be in roles you're comfortable in. Not to mention, if you have prior engagements, let me know, and this can be put on hold. We don't need this to fail, due to me trying to force things that can't happen naturally.

Need any accommodation? Let me know.

Don't want to do the part you're in? Let me know.

Don't know what's going on, or don't like the direction the story's going in? Let me know.

Wrinkles need to be ironed out early, if we can help it.

Re: ESRP (Evolutionist's Stone RP) Comments

Sorry, GV, I got the timing wrong. The year is 50 years after 2012, not 20 years after. That places the year at 2062. My bad.

Otherwise, though, I like your addition.

Re: ESRP (Evolutionist's Stone RP) Comments

Gentleman Vaultboy
Thaks. Just so we're clear I'm not playing anyone but Wayne, at least at the moment.
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: ESRP (Evolutionist's Stone RP) Comments

That was the plan.

You play Wayne until the time if/when you feel comfortable playing someone else (and if/when playing someone else makes sense).

Re: ESRP (Evolutionist's Stone RP) Comments

 Dang, you sort of threw me off with that last post.

In a good way.

I'll try to have a good response tomorrow.

Re: ESRP (Evolutionist's Stone RP) Comments

Yay, I get the telepath.

Standard Disclaimer: Character will probably be mutated beyond all recognition.

Re: ESRP (Evolutionist's Stone RP) Comments

 Well, as long as you don't make her too similar to other characters, and don't make her clash too badly with other characters, you're good. I actually picked you for her role because I thought you'd portray a telepath best. At least, the sort of telepath I had in mind.

Clever, quick wit, sharp tongue. I think you're fit for the job.

Re: ESRP (Evolutionist's Stone RP) Comments

Dang it. For the life of me, I cannot think of a thing that Ivan would do to attract Wayne's attention. This is supposed to be the juncture for Wayne's call-to-action, leading in to him joining up with a more believable team than the original team-up.

In the first incarnation, he teamed up with Ben and Flores and such, and that team-up seems SO unlikely. Jack's group seems way more believable, but now I cannot think of a good reason the two would be tempted to join forces. Not at all.

Maybe another rumor is in order?

Re: ESRP (Evolutionist's Stone RP) Comments

Gentleman Vaultboy
Have his overhear the job the Wayne and Josef are discussing while waiting with the bartender, and have Joe let slip that one of Arizona's overlords thinks he's close to finding very special stone while digging up there. Wayne's interest is perked, he heads up despite his doubts. Ivan goes and gets his friends to tell them that there might be something up there to get if they've got the balls to try and steal it out from underneath Overlord Gorak.

Everyone ends up in Arizona, something goes down after a while. Maybe there really are traitors and they have designs on the stone. So you've got the Overlod, the traitor faction, and Ivans group all after the same thing. Eventually things come to a head, stuff goes down, and in the confusion Wayne falls in with everybody else.

Have the girl tell him why she's really on her break, i.e.Wayne is a professional killer, and any business a professional killer is being brought on for is probably something you're safer not knowing.
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: ESRP (Evolutionist's Stone RP) Comments

Hm. I came up with something, before you responded. Let me see if that works.

I'll be done shortly. Tell me what you think.

Re: ESRP (Evolutionist's Stone RP) Comments

Sorry, I did a misspell in one of my posts. And so, I corrected it in my post, and yours. Nothing else major was changed about your post besides that.

Re: ESRP (Evolutionist's Stone RP) Comments

Forgive my impatience, but when do the rest of come in? and how?

Re: ESRP (Evolutionist's Stone RP) Comments

Gentleman Vaultboy
I think you're the people Ivan is waiting for. Sorry, it would probably be going faster but I get the feeling I've thrown Wulf pretty badly.

By the way, Wulf, what offer did Ivan make?
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: ESRP (Evolutionist's Stone RP) Comments

 They are indeed the folks Ivan is waiting for. In the midst of this conversation, his friends (Marv/Fitz, Pierce/Me, Tessa/Zale and Nadia/Phi or Me) have freedom to show up at any point. Arrive at your own discretion, very casually (undoubtedly curious about the barmaid waiting outside, and why the bar's empty except for Ivan and two mysterious guys) and I'll try to help the story move from there.

(Really, guys, forgive me if I didn't make that very clear. I didn't want to make you wait too long...)

And yes, you threw me at first GV, but I hope the recovery was a smooth one. I have a plan in mind, and you really haven't disrupted that plan in the least. I guess I'm just more thrown-off by how similar your style is to a former RP participant, 667. In a good way, you seem somewhat similar to his style, but overall quite distinct, and I like it. I have to admit, I'm sort of ambling to make sure I don't let down my end of this unspoken bargain, where style and pace are concerned.

As for the offer, he basically gave the information for Wayne to take or leave. In exchange, Ivan is curious to know just how valuable his off-hand information really is; Wayne's asking more about the Stone will get Ivan interested in finding it, too (due to him not being perceived as very bright by the average on-looker, he always feels like he's missing something or out of the loop, so the exchange between he and Wayne about the Stone would play perfectly into that).

Oh yeah, I get what he's fishing for here. Hold on.
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: ESRP (Evolutionist's Stone RP) Comments

Since Fitz is meant to be rather timid I don;t think he'd be first in line to barge into the bar and since I'd rather not drag someone in until their ready, I'll wait to enter until someone else decides to and have him shuffle in behind them.

Re: ESRP (Evolutionist's Stone RP) Comments

 I'll get right on that, then.

Re: ESRP (Evolutionist's Stone RP) Comments

No hurry.

Re: ESRP (Evolutionist's Stone RP) Comments

No, it's about time, really. I want you guys to be able to jump in, if you like.

Re: ESRP (Evolutionist's Stone RP) Comments

Philote
Administrator
So where is the information on Nadia? And how much am I supposed to know and follow from the old version?
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.
1234 ... 7