What's That Monster

Gentleman Vaultboy
Hello. I am Gentleman Vaultboy and I have a bit of a hobby. I have collected a great number of monsters. Well, images of monsters. But I regret to say that I just do not know anything about them. Names, behavior, diet, habitat, I'm completely clueless. Now, you fine people seem like you would know a thing or two what with all the superpowers around here. So I was wondering if any of you knew anything about these?

(The game is this. I post an image of a monster and someone else makes up facts or stories about it.  Any style you want, from a clinical report, to a piece  of short fiction, to a rumor you overheard in a pub. After the monster is fluffed I post another from my collection.)

So lets begin. Dose anyone know anything about...

this curious creature?
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: What's That Monster

So we can just make it up?

Re: What's That Monster

A giant chameleon?

Re: What's That Monster

I heard it has corrosive saliva and razor sharp teeth.

Re: What's That Monster

I bet five bucks the little girl could beat it.

Re: What's That Monster

Gentleman Vaultboy
Here,let me give you an example.

Sailors call them "The Wretched Drowned". They're supposedly the ghosts of those murdered at sea, whether pushed or just dumped after the bloody deed was done. Without a proper burial their spirit has nowhere to go but with its body into the deep. Their fury at the injustice they've suffered and being forced to wander the cold, dark, ocean depths alone eventually drives these poor souls to madness. In their insanity the spirit will begin to form itself a new body, one of water, and silt, and shipwreck, and all variety of sea creature. When this body is complete it begins to attack ships and harbors, as well as slaughter animals and destroy fish stock, taking revenge on anything that has the audacity to still be alive.
One survivor reported that "When the Beast breached the surface it was as if the seabed itself had stood up to block our passage. The captain called for battle station, but I was to transfixed on the creature horrid visage to respond. I swear to Almighty God it was looking right at with those sunken eyes. The smell was horrible, like low tide mixed with blood. But the cry that it let out is what will haunt me forever. A great howl of murder in despair, loud enough to shake the mast and bore its way deep into your bones. It broke me utterly. While everyone was distracted preparing to combat the beast I escaped in a life boat. I did not look back to see what became of my comrades, even as I heard the crash of timber and the screams of dying men."
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: What's That Monster

Ok, I got it now...

Re: What's That Monster

Gentleman Vaultboy
Glad to hear it. Lets me put some more inspiration up.

Two Creatures from out of the frozen north! What are they?
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: What's That Monster

There is a thing. A small thing.

It's in my home. Why is it in my home? What is it. It's in my home!

I see it. A small thing. Two legs. Two legs, why does it not fall down?

And orange, like me but not. Is it fur or scales or feathers, but why orange? Is it copying me?

And yellow. Yellow on the top. The top is the head? It has the eyes on the top.

It sees me! It looks. It moves the top legs. Why does it move?

Sounds! It makes sounds.

Liz-ard! Big liz-ard!

Liz-ard? Why does it make this sound? Other sound? Laugh?

It is amused? I amuse it?

More sounds? More small things?

Sally!  Where are you? Mom said it's getting late!

 Small thing turns. Small thing looks at me with top-eyes. It sounds again.

Bye funny liz-ard.

 It goes. Alone now. Home safe. Wonder do I . What was this small thing.

Will more small things come to my home?

Small things are complicated. I will avoid them.

Re: What's That Monster

Gentleman Vaultboy
That was adorable.
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: What's That Monster

Not exactly what I intended, but that's awesome to.

Re: What's That Monster

(In regards to the second picture)

In the far north there are rumors of undead creatures. These creatures roam with no skin and icy tusks. It is rumored that they were once mamoths or similar creatures in the past, but years of living in the unforgiving climate had changed them. The cold would not simply let them die. The continued to live in a half dead state untill the icy winds stripped them of thier flesh.

Re: What's That Monster

Gentleman Vaultboy
A few more to get those creative juices cooking.

Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: What's That Monster

jester_of_god
Metatron, or another angel from the Kabalah, The SHarkracken or the hellspawned offspring of medusa ad a merman, and the Japanese Oni. Give me a bit to make up backstories.
Welcome one and All to the Jesters Carnival, where the prizes are greater than your wildest dreams, but the nightmares here shall silence you before you can even scream.

Re: What's That Monster

Salors tell stories of the kraken, but few have seen it's devestation. However, many do not know that the kraken is just one of many seamonsters. On such monster appears as the hellspwan of a shark and an octopus. It's deadly fast and it's many mouths tears ships appart.

Re: What's That Monster

jester_of_god
In every hollowed corner of the world there is a memory. These memories tell of the places where they live, a timeless record of the events transpired and the very soul of the land. Sometimes, very seldomely these memories take form.

There is a beast that haunts the icy plains of the north, some say it is a demon, spawned from the very depths of hell, others a carnivore born from the endless fight for survival, and even fewer say it is the soul of the wasteland itself. A large form of depth blanketed by a coat of white, whose limbs reach deep into your soul, choaking the life from your very bones, and whose body stretches on to eternity, as far as the eye can see. It's gaping maw devours all life, never to be seen again. It is the very embodiment of the tundra itself.

Alternate.

The souls of those who had been lost in the ice and froze to death, huddle next to each other for warmth. As Eons went by their despair, sorrow and anger, merged them together into a beast, whose arms are as thin as bones, and whose hair had been bleached an icey white. Even after they became a monster, they never stopped searching for warmth, always taking any breathing body they can upon themselves, only for it to be added to their chain of death and cold.

I just noticed it myself, but is that thing flying?
Welcome one and All to the Jesters Carnival, where the prizes are greater than your wildest dreams, but the nightmares here shall silence you before you can even scream.

Re: What's That Monster

I'm going to say no since it has no wings.

Re: What's That Monster

Gentleman Vaultboy
Yea, I think we're supposed to assume that there is water involved.
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: What's That Monster

I like these pictures. Where do you find them?