What's That Monster

Re: What's That Monster

I say it looks like an alchemical golem.

Re: What's That Monster

Gentleman Vaultboy
Oh, I'm sorry. I must have missed that one.
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: What's That Monster

Okay....

Re: What's That Monster

Gentleman Vaultboy
So, obviously the last 4 weren't as popular. But lets not dwell on that! 2 more creatures to revitalize this thread:

Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: What's That Monster

Gentleman Vaultboy wrote

"I am.. Cornelio Elías Darío Ricardo Lagarto Melendez! Fair Señorita, will you dance with me?"

Re: What's That Monster

In a more serious note...

The Razzorians are a sub-species of reptilian common to the deserts of the southlands. By the standards of the reptilians, they are passionate and emotive, especially compared to the serpentine races. Despite, or perhaps because, of this they get along well with humans.

The Razzorians are primarily nomadic, preferring to wander the deserts from place to place than stay in one location.  Razzorians are surprisingly artistic and many of them are sculptors, sand painters and musicians. Because of this, many cities welcome them with open arms, as they bring news, entertainment and beautiful artworks. However, they rarely move far from the sands, as many of them have a fear of deep water. This is often strong enough to that many Razzorians refuse to even approach the few oases that dot the deserts.

Physically, Razzorians resemble large upright lizards. They often have large spikes on their heads and always have tails. As both reptilians and desert dwellers, they are well adapted for life in the heat- often to the point of amazement for humans. They thrive in the harsh sunlight, can go for days without food and with little water and can walk tirelessly for miles. In the warmth, they are agile and fast, but cold makes them sluggish. Because of their fear of water, none of them can swim.

Re: What's That Monster

Can't.....stop.....laughing.....

It's even funnier when you read it in a spanish accent.

Re: What's That Monster

+
Gentleman Vaultboy wrote
Golems are often a mark of great skill and finesse with magic, because, while any half-way decent sorcerer could vent fire and fly, few have the fine skill and thaumatologic expertise to create a golem!

Of course, this presents a problem in itself. Golems, though useful due to their strength and unending stamina, are something only very skilled magic users can possibly create. This results in only magiocratic city-states having any kind of large golem workforce. Except for a certain few..

The Artificer City-States of the Northlands are one of these. But, how you may ask do they do this? They combine their skill with mechanics and automation with magic. The end result are the amazing Mechanized Golems. Automatons that harness magic to animate themselves! Mechanized Golems require much less complex thaumaturgy than the traditional golems, As such, they can-and are- mass produced on a scale that would be unimaginable to most mages.

- Advertisement for the sale of mechanized golems.

Re: What's That Monster

Interesting...

Re: What's That Monster

In a somewhat horrific way, yes.

Re: What's That Monster

Yes. That's the word my mind was scrambling for...horrific.

Re: What's That Monster

Hm...Speaking of monsters...

Have you read my latest--?

"HUSH, he probably hasn't gotten around to reading it!"

So, I can still ask, can't I?

"It's against my better judgment..."

So? You're just that odd voice in my head that makes me feel bad for being pushy!

Anywho...have you read my latest Evolutionist's Stone addition, Zale?

Re: What's That Monster

I smell a boss fight..

Re: What's That Monster

Indeed.

But not until both bosses have been presented.

Which...at this point...may be some other time.

CRAP! I hate when one post of awesomeness takes so long, it prevents my others from being finished. I'ma have to leave in 30 min. That's not enough time!

Ah, well. I think I'll copy-paste the entire RP to take home with me and work on while I'm away. I think that would be best.

Re: What's That Monster

Gentleman Vaultboy
Looked like you guys enjoyed the last two. Two seems to be a good number for these so here's another pair.

and remember that there are still two unused ones on page 2.
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: What's That Monster

Gentleman Vaultboy wrote
..They live in secret places, windy
Cliffs, wolf-dens where water pours
From the rocks, then runs underground, where mist
Steams like black clouds.. - Beowulf
Or they used to. Them, the Other, the night horrors and the things that you never see.. Beings born of primal terror and animal instinct. At night They come, through mists and darkness, drifting through homes, ignoring our foolish dreams of safety..  Some know them, others do not. Even those that know not of Them can feel their presence. Feel their watchful eyes and keening hunger.

They want to eat our fear. Our horror. Our despair.

They come for us at night. No one is safe...

--------

These are the final fragmented notes of an unknown individual. They were found in an abandoned town, forgotten in it's remoteness.

So far, our mages have failed to discover what happened here.

Though a few rumors have passed through our ranks, who speak of things seen in the corner of the eye..

No doubt paranoia, but still.. Some part of me dreads the night to come.

Re: What's That Monster

Creepy......You write very well

Re: What's That Monster

Thank you.

Re: What's That Monster

jester_of_god
Wait, are we supposed to be going creepy in this one?
Welcome one and All to the Jesters Carnival, where the prizes are greater than your wildest dreams, but the nightmares here shall silence you before you can even scream.

Re: What's That Monster

What? Did you read the first post? It's only creepy if need be,