What's That Monster

Re: What's That Monster

Gentleman Vaultboy

Oh, Phi, look what I have:

Same girl.
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: What's That Monster

 Ooh...I'll see if I can't get on one of these soon.

Re: What's That Monster

Gentleman Vaultboy

Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: What's That Monster

Gentleman Vaultboy wrote
The grounds trembled with their insectile menace, as they trod over towers, over trees, over tentative enemies among the human resistance. Fires roared in the wake of their creepy-crawly advance. No still word could be spoken of them; all that might be uttered in reference to them, was a scream of hateful torment, or a last choking breath as life escaped their victims.

Yet among the turmoil of the Prei-Ying Mahn'Tiss invasion, one brave man would rise.

Through the battered and broken bodies he would trudge every day without fail, across the corpses of fallen buildings, around piles of fallen trees and other various assorted debris. He would offer a quick word of encouragement to the maimed and the infirm, comfort the widows, the widowers and the orphan--and then unsheathe his sword, to trek the great hills left in the wake of the monsters' desolation.

There would always be a sleet of ash and dust and smoke clouding his sight, but he knew that he would be remiss to let that stop his trail. So the branches of pines laid low were cleft and put asunder, and the uneasy trail continued with just as much fervor, from the bottom to the hill's peak. There, the man would get what he longed for most. The Mahn'Tiss were oh so easy to pick out from that vantage point. There, he was about halfway waist-level with even the largest among them.

His bravery boiled at the thought, provoking him to call out, "Here, beast, can you hear me??? I'm here!"

Most of the Mahn'Tiss would be too far off to hear the man's beckoning, but without fail, he would always catch the attention of one. And this time, it was a rather large beastie, indeed. As it passed, his voice seemed to snatch its attention right away, and its response was only delayed by the creature's attempt to find where the source of the voice rose from.

When it spotted the man atop the hill, though, it seemed more than willing to respond, "IT WAS YOU WHO BECKONED TO ME, HUMAN???"

The man stood there a moment, defiant against the alien condescension he perceived in the monster's posture; he then replied, "Is that any way to greet your master??? I did not summon you forth from the Realm of Entomon, giving you the chance to wreak havoc on this god-forsaken village, just to have you back-sass me!" He thrust his sword upward, so that the Mahn'Tiss might see, "Now, do you want your toothpick or not?"

Re: What's That Monster

Philote
Administrator

Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.