Re-purposed College Thread

Re: Talking.. Babbling.. Etc..

So, hey, this is back up. How're folks feeling about college and whatnot?

I think it's best to discuss it here, and leave the Message Board up for SPL news.

Re: Talking.. Babbling.. Etc..

Would anyone else mind telling me what their college's policy is/was towards people visiting dormitories?

Re: Talking.. Babbling.. Etc..

At UTD the policy is that anyone can visit, but not past 10pm unless they are registered at the front desk as an overnight guest. We can have two overnight guests a month and all roommates must be okay with it.

Re: Talking.. Babbling.. Etc..

 Why would it not be okay for folks to come at any time, granted people weren't loud or disruptive enough to be a domestic disturbance?

Re: Talking.. Babbling.. Etc..

Normally I'm an introvert (big surprise) and don;t participat much. This lead to me last year basically soloing the college experience. This year however, I'm getting out talking to my hall mates and going to events. And I;m finding myself having a good time.

Its almost weird, I'm like a normal person all of a sudden.

Re: Talking.. Babbling.. Etc..

At my school the visitation hours are onTuesday from six to ten.

Anyone visiting outside of those hours will result in a one hundred dollar fine for all of the people involved.

Re: Talking.. Babbling.. Etc..

That's harsh. Kinda makes it hard to hang out with friends and family there.

Re: Talking.. Babbling.. Etc..

Yeah, my college basically sucks ass.

Re: Talking.. Babbling.. Etc..

 Fiscal conservatives will get you, every time.

Re: Talking.. Babbling.. Etc..

 Well, THAT'S an interesting development.

Re: Talking.. Babbling.. Etc..

Oh, yeah, college is nice because the cliques tend to break down. Everyone stops trying to be cool and starts being grown up enough to be kids again.

And there are more people, so you're more likely to find people with common interests.

Re: Talking.. Babbling.. Etc..

 Well, the way I've seen it, the unpalatable people all tend to go off to the same colleges, or colleges in the same area, or don't go at all.

Their departure leaves behind all of us nerds and geeks and dorks, and the overachievers, and the other generally nice, smart and/or forward-thinking people.

Re: Talking.. Babbling.. Etc..

For those who don;t know, I'm taking a class in 3D modeling and texturing. I just completed my first assignment. I think it went pretty well. I'm loving Autodesk Maya

Re: Talking.. Babbling.. Etc..

Boom!

Re: Talking.. Babbling.. Etc..

 Go, Marv, go!

It looks awesome!

Re: Talking.. Babbling.. Etc..

Before you know it, I'll be building custom characters from scratch.

Re: Talking.. Babbling.. Etc..

 I anxiously await.

Re: Talking.. Babbling.. Etc..

Philote
I planned to take that class for awhile, being in Atec and all, but I ended falling more on the programming and prototyping side of the game design course.

Nice work on the model by the way.
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Talking.. Babbling.. Etc..

Since finishing this project, I've never been more sure about what I want to do for a career.

Re: Talking.. Babbling.. Etc..

Philote
Administrator
Good, keep at it

Maybe I can get you to model something for one of my games
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.
1234567 ... 10