Re-purposed College Thread

Re: Talking.. Babbling.. Etc..

I'm not surprised since we attend the same college. Its conceivable that we'd take the same classes.

Re: Talking.. Babbling.. Etc..

Been working on this for class. it'll be even cooler when i finish the colors and add a bump map and a specular map

Re: Talking.. Babbling.. Etc..

Philote
Administrator
Impressive work
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Talking.. Babbling.. Etc..

I beg to differ. Its shitty work. It needs a lot more attention before I could feel good about submitting it. This isn't me just being hard on myself, its just a matter of class standards.

Re: Talking.. Babbling.. Etc..

Ignore that. I'm just grumpy.

Re: Talking.. Babbling.. Etc..

 I like it. And it's GI Joe, to boot; nice.

So, it's gonna be a chopper, right? I think I have the basic concept of the shape down-packed. Looks like it's coming along rather nicely, so far.

Re: Talking.. Babbling.. Etc..

Re-textured and given both a bump and specularity map

Re: Talking.. Babbling.. Etc..

 Rugged.

Re: Talking.. Babbling.. Etc..

My two latest 2D Design projects.

First a study of Scale.

and next, Sound Design. Drawing an image based on a sound. Mine was A champagne cork popping.

Re: Talking.. Babbling.. Etc..

Two things.

First I'm turning my Loot RP idea into a video game pitch and subsequently making a game design document. This of course is only for a class and will not be seen or heard outside that class unless I should temporarily go insane and actually try to seize an opportunity for myself.

Second...I made a scene in Maya for my Modeling Class. Despite my current amateur skill in modeling I know for sure its my dream job.

Re: Talking.. Babbling.. Etc..

Well, if you want my input, everybody starts off at the amateur level (which, duh, is obvious).

But, with the right equipment, you have great potential. I know, because I've seen a website of a guy who also does this sort of thing, and he does it to make digital wallpaper backgrounds. They started off rough, about this same level you're at, but now, they're above and beyond amazing.

Since I found out about him, I've been a huge fan.

Digital Blasphemy.

Re: Talking.. Babbling.. Etc..

Philote
Be sure to post your game document, I'd love to see it.

Your modeling seems to be improving. Maybe I can get you on a team eventually.
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Talking.. Babbling.. Etc..

I'm gonna finish it this weekend though you've seen parts of it already...

As for my modeling...I doubt I'll be on any teams anytime soon. There are plenty of better modelers at this college. But I plan to whittle down that number in the next few months if I can.

Re: Talking.. Babbling.. Etc..

Dang, I only wish I was that good.

Re: Talking.. Babbling.. Etc..

I think you have the potential. But it took that guy from about 1997 to get to his current state, not to mention, the right amount of time, resources and dedication, so I'd be lying if I said the road would be easy...

Re: Talking.. Babbling.. Etc..

Just remember my name for the day when you see it in the credits of some big movie or game.

Re: Talking.. Babbling.. Etc..

Oh, that much is a given. Just take care not to forget us (especially not me, when I get to be a famous author and all that).

Re: Talking.. Babbling.. Etc..

Stay tuned for my Robot Modeling Project due in a few weeks.

Re: Talking.. Babbling.. Etc..

 I shall.

Re: Talking.. Babbling.. Etc..

There is a ton of stuff missing from this document, but that will all be added over the next few weeks. Its 20 pages now but should be over 40 by the time I finish.

Here it is. The Loot: The Eternity Dungeon Game Design Document

View It In All Its Glory!