Mythology!

Here we may embed or link to sites based on mythology, legend and folklore. We may also use this to discuss anything of the same nature.

This does not include:

Any religion still practiced today

Modern fiction

etc.

EDIT: Wikipedia articles are allowed.

Re: Mythology!

First up! Theoi.com! One of THE best resources on Greek myth and legend!

Re: Mythology!

And second...Pantheon.org! Home to the lovely Encyclopedia Mythica!

Re: Mythology!

I've always been interested in mythology, but i've never been very knowledgable in it. I know a few Greek stories here and there, but that's about it.

Re: Mythology!

Perfectly fine.

Hence my posting the sites. For research AND discussion.

Re: Mythology!

Aaand...for the feminists!

Re: Mythology!

And the site Timeless Myths has numerous mythologies, with info focused on both the stories AND the characters...

Re: Mythology!

And Liber Paganum, in case you run across names which are unfamiliar in mythology and legends, here's a comprehensive resource...

Re: Mythology!

And here is Ancient Library, a site that is actually cited on the website www.theoi.com! There's even a few obscure deities you might not see there!

Re: Mythology!

And the Medieval Bestiary, one of my favorite resources for info on mythical species!

Re: Mythology!

Re: Mythology!

Re: Mythology!

Monstropedia!

Re: Mythology!

Dave's Mythical Creatures...

Re: Mythology!

Re: Mythology!

Re: Mythology!

I thought you said no wikipedia articles.

Re: Mythology!

Edited the first post when I remembered that was how I learned about a lot of the most obscure creatures.

Never would have learned about the rain spirit German if not for Wikipedia.

Re: Mythology!

Anybody has any other interesting ideas for this?

Re: Mythology!

not really, considering I'm not very savvy on mythology.