Mythology!

Re: Mythology!

 Um, more than Heracles, or Achilles, or Perseus, or even other Greek gods? Yeah, I highly doubt it.

Re: Mythology!

Re: Mythology!

 That awesome moment when you discover that there actually was a male Gorgon in mythology.

Re: Mythology!

Whom?

Re: Mythology!

His name actually was Gorgon.

Read about him here.

And find more info about him here.

Re: Mythology!

ALL FALL BEFORE THE MIGHTY THANATOS!!!

Re: Mythology!

Do you know of any mythical creatures that steal names?

Re: Mythology!

Steal names???

Re: Mythology!

Darn.

Meet Jones.

Jones was once Emma.

She doesn't appear to age, since she's been around for at least since WW2 without changing in appearance.

Re: Mythology!

Gentleman Vaultboy
That's because she's a robot.
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: Mythology!

 I must say, you rather caught me off guard with the question, Sir Zaleramancer. I shall do my darnedest to see if such a creature exists, as one that takes names and identities...

Re: Mythology!

Jones is Jones.

Re: Mythology!

Which is apparently an identity-taker.

Though, I wonder, what form does that take? Do people recognize her as the person whose identity she takes, without her actually taking their form? Or does she gain the capability to shapeshift into them, like Desdemona? Or does she transform into them involuntarily?

Re: Mythology!

Gentleman Vaultboy
The robot.

I'm fooling, I know Tom said she isn't a robot.

(She's totally a robot.)
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: Mythology!

She never changes.

So far, we only know that Coyote (Trickster-God-Coyote) referred to her as Wandering Eye.

And asked if Jones was the latest name she'd stolen.

Jones: The Facts.

Re: Mythology!

A few other things that have been implied.

Coyote hasn't seen her (Up until the comic above) since at least WW 2. Because of the way he said that, it implies that she's even older- having had many names before hand.

Re: Mythology!

So...do people recognize her as the person whose name she's taken? Or does she take on some aspect of their knowledge or skills or powers or personality?

Re: Mythology!

We don't know.

Re: Mythology!

 Well, does she look physically different or not?

Re: Mythology!

She never looks different.

Clothes aside.