How would you react?

Myself
Administrator
If some event happened to our universe and the powers we own in our profile were granted to us in real life, how would you react? Essentially, "The List" universe featured in Jump 1: The List becomes ours.

I think some here would go mad with power.

I'd probably find WHD, Shadowulf1 and Bug10000 using my newfound powers and make the alliance I made in "Substitute Battle Arena" real. I'd also try to keep my powers a secret, at least short term.

However, I fear some mods would accept Omnipotence so they could acquire it. Luckily, my newborn alliance could take care of that.

P.S. Sorry if this has been posted before.
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Re: How would you react?

neogenetica
I would join your alliance or conquer the world.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Re: How would you react?

jester_of_god
step one:obtain the cardstack ability Jester

Step two: Rule the world

Step three: bring about the end of days

Step four: eat a sandwitch

Honestly: I would prefer it if the powers that we made on the super power list became ours instead of the ones that we obtained.
Welcome one and All to the Jesters Carnival, where the prizes are greater than your wildest dreams, but the nightmares here shall silence you before you can even scream.

Re: How would you react?

clockwork
use tv dimensional travel to jump into tv, mess with programming, and be immortal

Yeah, but then I'd also have real world so...
Welcome one and All to the Jesters Carnival, where the prizes are greater than your wildest dreams, but the nightmares here shall silence you before you can even scream.

Re: How would you react?

Myself
Administrator
Well, those of us with Immutability or Reality Anchoring don't have to worry about that:
-Immutability protects you from reality manipulation, as well as by a few other powers.
-Reality Anchoring stops reality from being warped in a radius around you.

That's another thing that bohters me, real world was meant to be the ultimate sucking situation, a power that bypassess all other powers to just put a damper on everyone's parade, but then all of you said that you would be immune over a power that completely rewrites existence in the area around you, and if you were immune that would mean that you would basically cease to exist, because no one would know that super powers existed in the first place and would just write off any actual occurrence as a coincedence.
Welcome one and All to the Jesters Carnival, where the prizes are greater than your wildest dreams, but the nightmares here shall silence you before you can even scream.

Re: How would you react?

Myself
Administrator
Well, Real World is just a specific form of reality manipulation, so those two powers should fit the description.

Although, it could be good. Only a few users would have their powers and they'd be able to use them in secret.

If I wanted to stop it, I would just get neogenetica to help me -he hates power negation.
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Re: How would you react?

@Myself: Very interesting question as to what I'd do if we gain our powers on the list...I'd definitely look for some alliances, though.

@ Neo, Jester and Spydyr: um...found the crazy people we'd need to keep an eye on...

@ Clockwork: thank you for keeping your goals simple...

Re: How would you react?

jester_of_god
I resent that remark.
Welcome one and All to the Jesters Carnival, where the prizes are greater than your wildest dreams, but the nightmares here shall silence you before you can even scream.

Re: How would you react?

spydyr
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
I am Ruin

Re: How would you react?

I rather fancy the capability to better my own life and the lives of loved ones at a whim...

Re: How would you react?

Myself
Shadowulf1 wrote
Neo, Jester and Spydyr: um...found the crazy people we'd need to keep an eye on...
Can't argue with that.

However, I actually go crazy for power too. Does that sound like a lot of people? Well, the next bit won't; I don't actually want to do anything with the power, I just want to have the power.

I guess it must be my Autism or something -I like to be the one in control. If anything, I would change the world for the better with the power I gain.

Shadowulf1 wrote
@Myself: Very interesting question as to what I'd do if we gain our powers on the list...I'd definitely look for some alliances, though.
I am surprised this hasn't come up before in the forums, with The Superpower List having been around for at least 2-3 years (correct me if I'm wrong).

why do you think that I would go crazy with power. The odd's are if anyone of us ruled the world we'd inadvertantly bring about the end of the world anyway. Noing me it probably would jsut happen a lot sooner, then I'd shake my head, walk away, and make a sandwitch.
Welcome one and All to the Jesters Carnival, where the prizes are greater than your wildest dreams, but the nightmares here shall silence you before you can even scream.

Re: How would you react?

It has come up before, in numerous different incarnations...

As for the power itself, I'd like to have it, too, but I'd actually use it to improve my life, and those of loved ones...

Re: How would you react?

jester_of_god
selfish
Welcome one and All to the Jesters Carnival, where the prizes are greater than your wildest dreams, but the nightmares here shall silence you before you can even scream.

Re: How would you react?

Myself
Administrator
He never said it was the only thing he would do.
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Re: How would you react?

Oh, heavens, no...I'd definitely destroy armies and create my own landmass in my own image and such; just not here. After gaining my powers, I'd do away with all the armies, thus FORCING world peace (or ELSE ) and then I'd round up all my loved ones and family members and take off to the Planet Celadon, which I will design from my imagination. It's twice the size of Jupiter, and home to all manner of mythological beings and creatures.

You're all welcome to come if ya like, but THERE, you'd have to refer to me as Penultimate Most High, like everybody else ...

Re: How would you react?

spydyr
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED