Apocalypse 3 OOC

Gentleman Vaultboy
This post was updated on .
The out of character thread for Apocalypse 3: The Vanishing. I hope that I can make this entertaining.

This is going to be largely sandbox. I'll make suggestions in the text, sometimes very strongly, but you never have to take them. However, be aware that the world moves regardless of whether or not you're choose to interact with it.

Occasionally, you'll see me post your username like this:

MARV: Keep reading.

Highlight after it.That indicates something only your character would know, see, or notice. Only the people who's names are boded should read that. I probably won't use these to much, but you never know. I'll be working on the honor system here, so even if curiosity gets the best of you, remember that you're character doesn't know what you do.

If you guys want to do something but don't particularly want to write out a whole post detailing doing something kind of trivial, just post the action like this:

(I search the room.)

or

(I examine the mold more closely.)

Things like that. In general, treat me as though I'm an extremely advanced text adventure. You don't have to post actions like that, if you want to write out a post about you looking at something closely, searching for a particular item, or using your powers in a certain way, do it.  I'll try to take every action you make in a post into account.

I'll be updating the opening post of this thread with information as you learn it.

Lets have some fun.
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: Apocalypse 3 OOC

Gentleman Vaultboy
This post was updated on .
Player Characters:

(Fill this in yourself, please:

Name:
Power:
Quick appearance:)

Dryad as:
Ishikawa Nanami
Age: 16
Power: Electrokinesis
Nanami looks like a regular teenage Japanese girl who wears a white hoody and has short shorts on. She's fairly small as well and barely reaches 150 centimetres (approximately 5 feet) in height and hates being called a child by anyone as she is 16 years old. Nanami likes to have hair ornaments in her hair that look like skulls (much like Yachiru Kusajishi's from Bleach). She also has a fairly bored look in her eyes most of the time and generally has an earphone in at least one ear at all times that is playing music from her favorite animes (such as "To Be Continued," "Kimi e," "Sanpo," etc.).
Inventory:  iTouch, Steak Knife.

Marv as:
Benjamin James Archer ("Ben" "Benny" "Archy")
Age: 21
Powers: Electromagnetism (AKA: Control Over Magnetism and Metal)
Ben is a tall, skinny guy with a bit of a tendency to over think things. He always wears a thin pair of glasses and a green coat. Since gaining his powers he's taken to wearing metal rings as well as keeping a couple nails, screws and some change in his pockets.
Inventory: Flashlight, Steak Knife.

Wulf as:
Tyler Samuel Scott ("Sam" "Scotty" "Ty")
Age: 18
Powers: Quantakinesis
Tyler has blond hair, green eyes, is 6'2, 18 years old, and of a body build he'd prefer to describe as 'scrappy'. He's unsure of himself a lot of the time, but if he deems it necessary, may try to counteract his uncertainty by being the first to volunteer for a job that needs doing. Sometimes his curiosity gets the best of him, though on the flip side, he also likes to be prepared for whatever, so he tends to list things, collect things, and prefer strength in numbers.
Inventory: Nook, Flashlight, Steak Knife (5), Steak Sword, Cleaver.

Philote as:
Nicholas ("Nix")
Age: 21
Power: Intangible Arms
Insomniac. Wears the gray pajamas he had on when he made his hectic escape to the basement as well a pair of ordinary shoes. (Has changed into blue jeans and green shirt)
Inventory: Flashlight, Battery-less Flashlight, Flashlight Batteries, Steak Knife Supply Bag (he half a jar of pickles, graham crackers, 4 bottles of water, 2 cans of beans, 2 rolls of bandages,  1 bottle of painkillers, and the tube of lotion for use on rashes and burns.)

Zaleramancer as:
Sascha Davies
Age: 19
Power: Digital Mind
Appearance: Sascha is a twenty four year old of average height, possessing of green eyes and messy brown hair. She's dressed in cargo pants, a dirty blue t-shirt and has a satchel that held food stuffs at one point. Now basically empty.
Inventory: Steak Sword.

Bug as:
Name: Leon "Ry" Ryder
Age: 17
Power: Density Control
Quick appearance:He stands at 5' 11" has short wavy white hair, Has heterochromia (left eye red right eye green) wears glasses for his cataracts a trench coat given to him by his father jase (from second Apocalypse RP) fingerless gloves and army pants with boots.
Inventory: Baseball Bat, Ladies Wallet, Pepper Spray

Mik Hael as:
Name: Rorschev Ivanovsky Koslov
Age: 21
Power: Give and Take
Appearance: Male, Russian, black hair, pale skin. Eye color: grey - hazel. Dress: cream sweater, black jeans, white ankle-high socks, black shoes. Previous occupation: Army medic in training/ sniper.
Inventory: Steak Knife (11), Steak Sword, Flashstaff, Hose, Salt
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: Apocalypse 3 OOC

Gentleman Vaultboy
This post was updated on .
Glossary of Terms and Factions:

Flash Staff: A flashlight converted, through Quantakinesis, into a staff

Steak Sword: A steak knife converted, through Quantakinesis, into a sword

Factions:

Animals: Apparently human beings are not the only species to be suffering from the Vanishing, and neither are they the only ones who now have strange abilities. The animals that are left run the gambit from hostile to friendly with the players, but they seem to share a common feature: a marked increase in intelligence.

The Army of One: A mysterious group you've heard of only on the radio, broadcasting promises of food, shelter, and a way to combat Vanishing.
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: Apocalypse 3 OOC

Tsubasa & Wen Tien
Ishikawa Nanami
Power: Electrokinesis
Nanami looks like a regular teenage Japanese girl who wears a white hoody and has short shorts on. She's fairly small as well and barely reaches 150 centimetres (approximately 5 feet) in height and heights being called a child by anyone as she is 16 years old. Nanami likes to have hair ornaments in her hair that look like skulls (much like Yachiru Kusajishi's from Bleach). She also has a fairly bored look in her eyes most of the time and generally has an earphone in at least one ear at all times that is playing music from her favorite animes (such as "To Be Continued," "Kimi e," "Sanpo," etc.).
http://loc.wikia.com/wiki/Mina

In NB:
Crescent's best technique: Moonless Night
Suzu's favorite technique: Shining Blade

Re: Apocalypse 3 OOC

[...]

Philote
Administrator
Nicholas ("Nix")
Power: Intangible Arms
Insomniac. Wears the gray pajamas he had on when he made his hectic escape to the basement as well a pair of ordinary shoes.

(Age suggestion anyone?)
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Apocalypse 3 OOC

Gentleman Vaultboy
You know, everyone go ahead and list your age as well. I'll add them.
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: Apocalypse 3 OOC

I'll say....uh......21...why not.

Re: Apocalypse 3 OOC

Tsubasa & Wen Tien
Administrator
Nanami is 16 years of age!
http://loc.wikia.com/wiki/Mina

In NB:
Crescent's best technique: Moonless Night
Suzu's favorite technique: Shining Blade

Re: Apocalypse 3 OOC

Philote
I'll go with 21 as well.
[...]

Oh and If I want to tell you potential interesting weaknesses or secrets of my character, should I just put..

Vault:Stuff right here?

Re: Apocalypse 3 OOC

Gentleman Vaultboy
Yeah. Or email them to me.
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: Apocalypse 3 OOC

Vault: Sascha suffers from Schizophrenia. Her power suppresses this, but if it were to stop working at any point, the effects would not be pleasant.

Things like that. In general, treat me as though I'm an extremely advanced text adventure. You don't have to post actions like that, if you want to write out a post about you looking at something closely, searching for a particular item, or using your powers in a certain way, do it.  I'll try to take every action you make in a post into account.
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: Apocalypse 3 OOC

Ericus Europaeus (Bug)
Administrator
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Apocalypse 3 OOC

Gentleman Vaultboy
Bug, you are not nearly so late. Come along.

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Apocalypse 3 OOC

Gentleman Vaultboy
Be aware, this isn't 'canon" with the other two threads. The Final Fantasy rule is in effect. There was no zombie outbreak, nor was there a flood. Also, I need to know which your character is: an old man, or an albino.

Also, Phi, is the power from the list? If so could you please link it, because I can't find it. If not, describe what it does.
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: Apocalypse 3 OOC

Philote
Administrator
A version of it might be on the list, but I just grabbed it off the top of my head. Nix has the power to turn his arms intangible and to reach inside things. So he could reach through a door and unlock it, but he could not walk completely through the door. He could also do a pretty good job at breaking things by pulling on their inside bits. Later on he might develop the ability to manipulate and restructure things by reaching inside it, depending on how the power level of the RP turns out. Below is what his arms will look like at the end of the RP, but for now the aesthetic affects are minimal.

Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.
1234 ... 25