All Hands on Deck! (Any and All Dorks, Nerds and Geeks Need Apply!)

All Hands on Deck! (Any and All Dorks, Nerds and Geeks Need Apply!)

Myself
I thought of way we could bring some revenue to this site, attract some attention and improve convenience for us:

We create an app for this site. With Justin's permission, of course. I already have sketchy plans.

I can't code myself, but it is a skill I am very interested in learning and we already have access to much-needed programming through the site (I believe, at least with help from Justin).

If we do get an app like this running, we will have developed a programmer base who could then code the Battle Arena, which would also generate revenue in turn and be accessed from both the main site and the app (or possibly an app of its own, free to initial members but extra for others -if possible, or course).
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Re: Any good programmers here?

I believe Vespert might be of some assistance, if he can find the time.

Re: Any good programmers here?

Myself
Administrator
Hmm, maybe. It is at least part of his job if I recall correctly.

I also have a nagging feeling the WHD may be of some assistance. If I could code, I'd have already started.

I may be able to acquire sufficient assistance from some school friends; one who I'm sure will be of great help and would be happy to help and the not so happy to help (i.e. may need reward for doing so), but has already created games. I'll see if they are happy to help out; if so, we may have the BA up soon.
[...]

Vespert
What's the idea? Would it require access to the site? Because, well, with the Over Quota error, the power switchings, the editability of the powers,... downloading data from the site is far from reliable.

Re: Any good programmers here?

Well, we could always stick with the basic ones we know.

Superstrength, speed, reflexes, agility, Telekinesis, Teleportation, Laser Vision, etc. The more outlandish ones would maybe be part of an upgrade/expansion pack, in the (sort of) distant future.

And we wouldn't have to include them all, just the ones that are distinctive enough to be discernible as superpowers (some like Sonographic Deduction, or Superhuman Memory, would be unnecessary or too difficult to display, unless you put them to very creative use).

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Re: Any good programmers here?

Myself
Administrator
I may code it in two variants: the text version and the Unity version.

The first would be a mere text-based game (i.e. Vespert attacks WHD with...) and the second would be similar, but would be programmed in Unity (a simple engine even I have been trained in) and would have hitpoints (I may be capable of coding that), a landscape (which I could create in under an hour) which would allow players to shield themselves from attack, avatars (don't look at me!) and may be even player names (except when hiding or using certain powers, which I still couldn't code).

What do you think? I may be useful.
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Re: Any good programmers here?

I'd love to see this happen. Unfortunately I cannot help with programming, but I may be able to help with any art required.

Re: Any good programmers here?

 That sounds absolutely awesome! I'm up to help in any way I possibly can!

Re: Any good programmers here?

And maybe we could create story modes! I'd gladly come up with narrations for different story mode scenarios!

Re: Any good programmers here?

Myself
Oh, level design with Unity is fairly simple. That may be possible, especially for an artist such as yourself.

The level design system is almost identical to one you'd find in Sim City.
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Re: Any good programmers here?

Myself
You could do a course at Game Training if available. For $45 you get hundreds of dollars' worth of free stuff like vehicles, textures, free trials, etc. You only need to do one (hour + a bit) session and it is enough.

The only real problem is I'll need to pay $99 to have it on the app store, but my friends and I should be able to get the funds together.
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Re: Any good programmers here?

Myself
That is a possibility. I'll show you the levels on here when I get around to designing them.

I may also get a Youtube channel up and running to show the game development progress. Who knows, we may have the battle arena functioning by the end of this year.

Actually, come to think of it, I may have something for you to do; get Justin's permission. I feel it is necessary, since we are using his intellectual property.

Whd

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Any good programmers here?

Myself
I might be able to get some more programmers from my friendship group. They aren't professional, but one is at about my level and one has significantly more skill than I. If so, they shall be creating profiles at some point in the near future.

Besides, it's not like anyone here can criticize; I'm the first (other than Justin, of course) to try doing this.
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Re: Any good programmers here?

Myself
Woooo! More assistance! If I remain the sole programmer here, it may take a while, with homework and all.

I think someone dedicated to standard control may be helpful.

I would probably systematically program powers (which would be time-consuming with only me) and each one would be tagged with the users who had access to it. That may be an easier task for someone to do, so it may be one task that is off my back.
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Re: Any good programmers here?

Will we have the capacity to choose between two player (against one another) and one-player (against mooks and bosses)?

Re: Any good programmers here?

By standard control, you mean?

Keeping up with aesthetics, and such?

Re: Any good programmers here?

Myself
Administrator
Well, making sure the programmers (not really me, but other potential coders) keep the powers working as intended.
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]
1234