Um...Pokémon RP???

Please don't bludgeon me to death .

If you hate pokemon, then cover your ears and head for the hills; and if you LIKE pokemon, then...I has an idea. I've already thought of the plotline to an extent, so all we really have to do is start designing characters, decide the setting (which region it will take place in) and start the story.

Plot:

Imagine the world of Pokemon as seen on TV and in games, with the exception that something has gone terribly wrong. One night, a mysterious comet (isn't it always?) passes over the sky and mixes up the pokemon with their owners. Now the pokemon have been rendered powerless (other than things like flight, biting and stuff) and their masters have gained their pokemon's powers (and those in the wild bestow their deactivated abilities, fully functional, on anyone who catches them)!

Naturally, the Team Rocket/Magma/Aqua/whatever baddies are taking advantage of this, and are using their pokemon powers to commit crimes and otherwise spread chaos! Who will step forward with the challenge to take them down and protect the pokemon world?

If you decide to join you must keep in mind:

1) the powers of your super must match your pokemon's type

2) people DO NOT evolve; if they have a low-level or high-level pokemon, their powers can only develop at that level (we'll discuss later how elemental stones work to that effect)

3) character profiles are designed slightly differently (have to discuss that)

4) how powers work must also be discussed; have to work out some kinks; just need to get some volunteers

5) NO, the pokemon cannot TALK, and they don't have any powers, so don't request it!!! (The pokemon may get their powers back WAY later...we'll have to discuss that too)

Here are the rules that have been decided on:

Zaleramancer and Shadowulf collaborated on the rules and wrote
====The Rules====

For the simplistic translation please see the italicized  words.

  Pokémon are powerless.

          A) Pokémon cannot use any of their moves or powers. Things like as telepathy, electrical generation and high pressure water blasts are impossible.    Pokémon no make things go boom now.

          B) However, they keep abilities that are either wholly independent of those things or needed for their continued existence.  Large Pokémon are still heavy and somewhat strong and Pokémon that use telekinesis to keep their bodies together retain that ability.     Big Pokémon still strong. Fast Pokémon still fast. Floaty Pokémon still floaty.

          C) You are not allowed to have multiples of the same versions of the same Pokémon, although you can EVENTUALLY have all evolutions at a time, i.e. Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard.   No-No clones, but different-same Pokémon okay!

II The Pokémon can confer their unusable abilities to their trainer, for the trainer's usage.  Trainer make things go boooom now!

          A) What power you gain and the strength of the power, translate directly to the Pokémon's type and his/her relationship with their trainer.   Fly Pokémon let you fly. Pokémon like you, you make more booms!

          B) You may only have a maximum of four abilities at once (confirmation needed).  More Pokémon, more dakka. Only four dakka max

          C) A touch is required to gain and/or switch out abilities with a Pokémon; you do not have to remain in constant contact with the Pokémon to utilize their powers, and touching them in their Pokéball still counts (and if you have an especially good relationship with your Pokémon, you can just think about which power you desire).   Poke Pokémon for powers!

III  Under no circumstances are you allowed to make use of or attempt to catch a Legendary Pokémon. Otherwise, 1st through 5th Generation are all allowed.  Shiny fancy legend is a No-No.

Legend:
+: its super effective
-: Doesn't do well against it
=: no effect

Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of rules.

Please also note that any rule-breakers that you will be given to a snorlax as a pillow for first time offenders, or a mattress for extreme offenses.
A'right, now who's in?

Re: Um...Pokémon RP???

if you wanna use these as character pics, feel free:

http://ominousacid95.webs.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=9513308

Re: Um...Pokemon RP???

spydyr
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
I am Ruin

Re: Um...Pokémon RP???

Unfortunately, yes, you have to own it, but that doesn't mean that you have to write about it; I personally wouldn't want to write about a creature that's basically just a normal ol' pet now...You can if you want to write about the pokemon itself, but it's more based on the people now.

And yes, you have a maximum of four powers (though they don't have to be abilities listed in the pokemon franchise; just powers based on that element, really; like say you're dark type, but you want Shadow Possession as a power, it's cool)

Re: Um...Pokemon RP???

spydyr
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
I am Ruin

Re: Um...Pokémon RP???

FOUR TOTAL...let's not turn into Sylars...lol

you can probably combine numerous effects if you wanna squeeze in a lot of pokemon for your trainer/super...you might even be able to shift between the powers of your various pokemon (if I can find a way to do it), but only four may be possessed at once...

Re: Um...Pokemon RP???

spydyr
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
I am Ruin

Re: Um...Pokémon RP???

um, yes...or like, on the endangered species list, or something...

the whole point is, the pokemon are left defenseless, and have to be protected by the newly-superpowered trainers...

Re: Um...Pokemon RP???

This looks like fun. :D

Though I know verrry little about pokemon.

Except that team rocket always gets blown up.

Re: Um...Pokemon RP???

spydyr
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
I am Ruin

Re: Um...Pokemon RP???

jester_of_god
aww too bad you can't use the pokemon from your actual games. When I was younger I had a pokemon blue and a pokemon yellow. Every time I finished the game I transfered the Mew two from pokemon blue to yellow. when I finally gave up playing I had about twelve level 100 Mew Twos.
Welcome one and All to the Jesters Carnival, where the prizes are greater than your wildest dreams, but the nightmares here shall silence you before you can even scream.

Re: Um...Pokemon RP???

jester_of_god
but then again I also had all of the starter pokemon maxed from most of the old games...what would happen to the ghost pokemon?
Welcome one and All to the Jesters Carnival, where the prizes are greater than your wildest dreams, but the nightmares here shall silence you before you can even scream.

Re: Um...Pokémon RP???

@Zale: You don't have to be a pokemon wiz to participate:

you mainly need to know-

1) your pokemon's name

2) your pokemon's type

3) some of the items and locations from the game (potion, pokemon center, pokeball, pokemon gym, the fact that nearly everything had the poke- prefix in front of it, etc.)

other than that, it's not that greatly centered on the pokemon themselves

BTW: we can decide later if we'll combat with pokemon gym leaders from the actual show/game

@spydyr: I used to not have a life, either, that's why I know about this show...

Re: Um...Pokemon RP???

ghost pokemon are still pokemon...

Re: Um...Pokemon RP???

jester_of_god
yes but inherently their powers are the only things that are keeping them here,also in several of the earlier Pokemon episodes it seemed that some ghost Pokemon could have been deceased humans.
Welcome one and All to the Jesters Carnival, where the prizes are greater than your wildest dreams, but the nightmares here shall silence you before you can even scream.

Re: Um...Pokemon RP???

That's to easy..

:P

Re: Um...Pokemon RP???

jester_of_god
...what about mimic?
Welcome one and All to the Jesters Carnival, where the prizes are greater than your wildest dreams, but the nightmares here shall silence you before you can even scream.

Re: Um...Pokemon RP???

@Zale: Yeah, it's a pretty simple concept, I think

@Jester's first: they are considered the ghosts of deceased POKEMON in this here RP, so treat them as such. Assume also that these ghosts can freely interact with the material world and have no trouble doing such

@Jester's second: mimic is just fine, but it is replaced temporarily with whatever ONE power you mimic...

Re: Um...Pokemon RP???

I'm going to be looking through that pokemon wiki thing and adapting moves into powers for my character..

Re: Um...Pokemon RP???

jester_of_god
Okay, well I'm off to find a ditto and arceaus.
Welcome one and All to the Jesters Carnival, where the prizes are greater than your wildest dreams, but the nightmares here shall silence you before you can even scream.
1234 ... 50