Um...Pokémon RP???

Re: Um...Pokemon RP???

And, touching sounds good to me.

It's enough of a restriction to keep from people just rapidly changing through them, but not so much it feels annoying.

Re: Um...Pokemon RP???

(Phineas voice) yes, yes you can...

Re: Um...Pokemon RP???

also, perhaps as your power develops, you may be able to mimic them without needing contact (which would be good incentive for you to remember the pokemon theme of the story and still develop relationships with them...)

Re: Um...Pokemon RP???

Ah..

By the way, Does "Flying, Biting and stuff" cover a pokemon that naturally levitates?

Re: Um...Pokemon RP???

ehm...any natural non-energy-based capability, unless that ability is essential to the creature's survival

(EX: Claydol needs telekinetic power to maintain levitation, and hold its parts together, so it keeps that power

EX: Pikachu naturally generates electricity, but this doesn't keep it from otherwise perishing, so it loses that power)

Re: Um...Pokemon RP???

Wish
TM's allowed?

Re: Um...Pokemon RP???

hm...I was thinking about it.

Sure, why not. Yes, you can use TM's and HM's to learn abilities for whatever pokemon you are currently mimicking

HOWEVER, bear in mind:

1) TM's must correspond to something that pokemon can learn

2) HM's cannot be unlearned until you visit the Move Deleter...

Re: Um...Pokemon RP???

When we've fleshed this all the way out, I'll define the absolute rules...

Re: Um...Pokemon RP???

OooOooo

Deviant Art is interesting.

Re: Um...Pokemon RP???

I KNEW the other page was missing a few pokemon...

>:(

Re: Um...Pokemon RP???

Hmmmm Ghost type or Psychic.

Decisions Decisions...

Re: Um...Pokemon RP???

This one is interesting, If creepy.

This one is nice. Manages to look normal-ish will still resembling The pokemon.

Amusing.

Re: Um...Pokemon RP???

doesn't have to be either/or...

just sayin'...

Re: Um...Pokemon RP???

I know, I know..

Re: Um...Pokemon RP???

The thing is, I'm looking for a picture for my trainer. o,o

Annnd I'm having a hard time picking.

Re: Um...Pokemon RP???

hmm...kay.

Re: Um...Pokemon RP???

Vespert
That's a sweet idea! We could get more visitors from the Pokémon Community (by the way, the official spelling is Pokémon, not Pokemon)

You also need to make sure that chance-based moves are either unavailable or heavily modified so one does not use them unfairly to one's advantage. I'm mainly thinking about Metronome, anyone could easily get any power they need while pretending it was random.

I also think that, just like a 'real' Pokémon battle, we should say it when we are using a move. This should prevent retconning (not sure if it's the right term), like "I'm gonna self-destruct and destroy everything around me!!!!" "Well, you can't because, even before you exploded, I used my Light Screen and Barrier abilities to protect everything around you, even though I never said anything about it but I'm just gonna pretend I anticipated your move while it's obvious I wouldn't have thought about using my abilities before you used yours!!!"

And what about the powers that have a name that suggests something other than their real effects, or the ones which do something but we're not sure what? Like Kinesis (does not allow you to move objects, you're just bending a spoon and it doesn't even deal any damage), Teleport (you can't teleport wherever you want, contrary to the anime version), Tail Whip (does no damage), Swords Dance (no, you don't control/materialize swords), Power Swap (it only swaps Attack and Special Attack status changes), ...

Re: Um...Pokemon RP???

Yeah, I'm aware of the spelling gaffe (and the potential newcomers that would appreciate this RP), hehe, if you alter the name of the title, does it create a new thread, or just alter the name of the current thread? I wanna change the misspell in the name without deviating...

As for Metronome, you pose an interesting dilemma. However, I've done some contemplation, and decided that Metronome should probably result in a more random version of the ability Mimic (randomly mimic a superpower of somebody in range...); though others may freely contribute to change or enhance this limitation...

And as for the powers, they will function to the most part like how the function in the game.

Teleport: teleport to a place you have visited before (doesn't have to be a Pokémon Center, though)

Kinesis: allows you to concentrate briefly to enhance telekinetic power (best if you have a move like Psychic); this is often, though not always, facilitated through practicing bending spoons with the mind

Tail Whip: Um...perhaps a VERY BRIEF (like five-second) mesmerizing effect, allowing you to get in a quick hit (though you'd look awfully goofy shaking your 'tail' at folks...).

Swords Dance: All natural weapons (like teeth and nails) might become temporarily sharper...

Power Swap: I agree with you here, any alteration of attack or special attack can be changed to affect the foe instead of the user

I may even draw out a chart to denote what all the different abilities do...LATER...

I should hope that these problems will not arise, however, otherwise, I'd have to go from normal participating member to GM mode, and lay the smack-down on some folks...

I want it to be fair and fun, with as much Pokémon-y goodness as possible...

Re: Um...Pokemon RP???

Wish
If no legendaries what about fossil Pokemon?

Re: Um...Pokémon RP???

Yes, I told Spydyr before, fossil pokemon allowed, as long as it's not legendary.