Two-Pack of Superpowers

Myself
Administrator
In this series of questions, you are presented with a scenario:
You find an object which will give you one of two powers and the other power to another person. Which do you choose and who do you give the other power to?

I'll be changing the superpower pairs every so often, but here goes:

Inspired by a blog, I ask the question of Invisibility (at will, no blindness side effect) and Flight.
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Re: Two-Pack of Superpowers

I'd take Invisibility of course. Flight is boring and has too many cons.

Re: Two-Pack of Superpowers

Philote
Administrator
I'd take Flight, how can you say it would be boring. What Cons?
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Two-Pack of Superpowers

Cause I think it's boring. As for cons

It would be difficult to navigate.
You wouldn't be able to fly very fast due to wind resistance.
Birds....nuff said

Re: Two-Pack of Superpowers

Philote
Administrator
1. No harder than normal?
2. Depends what flight power you have, some don't have to worry about that.
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Two-Pack of Superpowers

Still, flight is mostly useless. it might be fun for some people, but it has very few practical uses. Sure you can avoid traffic and reach high places, but with invisibility you could do anything you want and not get caught.

Re: Two-Pack of Superpowers

Philote
Administrator
Well invisibility has cons. Water and many other things would show signs you were there. Then sound could even give you away. You would have to be skilled enough to never touch anyone which would be hard in some cases when you're trying to spy on people.
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Two-Pack of Superpowers

Those are conditional.
If there is water, don't go near it. That's easy to avoid.
Touching people is no problem. They can't see me so, they'll just think it's the wind or something stupid like that.
Sound? it's not like I would wear bells on my ankles. Walking quietly is easy in most situations.

Re: Two-Pack of Superpowers

Philote
Administrator
Well the only common use i could see for it would be to steal from a store, spying on people would be hard as you would have to be able to get inside their house without their knowing, which would be hard unless they left their door open.

With flight you have complete freedom of movement in any direction.
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Two-Pack of Superpowers

Whoop dee doo. So you can move up and down. I'd much rather have stealth.

Re: Two-Pack of Superpowers

Philote
Administrator
In real life though how many times are you going to need to be invisible?
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Two-Pack of Superpowers

Nearly everday of my life....

Re: Two-Pack of Superpowers

Philote
Administrator
For what....Unless you plan to be some master thief or assassin
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Two-Pack of Superpowers

Avoiding people, pulling pranks, making get aways.

Re: Two-Pack of Superpowers

Philote
Administrator
Possible with flight
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Two-Pack of Superpowers

Not in a building it's not.

Re: Two-Pack of Superpowers

neogenetica
Depends. You could fly indoors, if you were skilled enough. Not to mention you could travel easily by flying quickly. Invisibility may help by avoiding people but flight has feasible saftey. If you
Have practice you can fly up quickly to the point where bullets won't reach you or live if you happened to fall from a high place. In addition you could cross most terrain. It even has combat uses. Flying quickly and striking with a fist or kicking could injure someone worse than a thrown object.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Re: Two-Pack of Superpowers

Invisibility is much more useful to me.

Re: Two-Pack of Superpowers

jester_of_god
you aren't considering that you'd have to give the other power to somone else.
Welcome one and All to the Jesters Carnival, where the prizes are greater than your wildest dreams, but the nightmares here shall silence you before you can even scream.

Re: Two-Pack of Superpowers

yes I am. I would happily give away flight.