Interactive Story

So, here's what I'm thinking. The whole thing will be a fun way to tell a story based on New Beginning. We'll need to start with outlining the story first and then providing scene descriptions and dialogue.

I see the visual aspects being divided into two types of scenes. Cut Scenes and Dialogue Scenes.

Cut Scenes will be the most animated and will most often be used in action settings or when nobody is speaking.

Dialogue Scenes will be mostly stationary scenes with a few animated elements. The Dialogue  of a character will be displayed in the scene and the story will continue when the viewer is done reading the next and clicks the "next" button.

Make sense so far?
Vote for the character Ideas you like. You can vote more than once. The ones with the most votes will be refined and used.
You can select up to 18 options.

Re: Interactive Story

Philote
Administrator
I'll help but I'm not sure what to do.
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Interactive Story

Me, either. Like I was asking before, is this gonna be a straight-up story, or a webcomic or an animated thing? How do you intend to make the story interactive? I think that answer will determine how I participate.

Also, is this gonna be based on New Beginning as it's already played out in the past, or as a new splinter arc?

And finally, where will this be posted? Will it be featured only here, or will you also post it on DeviantArt (on your account) and Facebook (on the Superpower List page)?

Re: Interactive Story

It will be a story that is partially animated and will move forward when the user presses a button to move onto the next scene. (I'll drum up a demo so you can better understand what I mean)

The story itself is up to us to decide before we start. I'd like to simply base it off New Beginning in some way (past present of future), but it could be something entirely new if we all agree on it.

I'll post it wherever we decide it's best to place it.

First off, we need to decide what story we want to tell.

Re: Interactive Story

The Junkyard Cat
I wouldn't mind helping I'm always on the computer, Though I might need to be contacted to know whats happening. I mean outside of the forums so if anyone could be up for that it would make things easier for me to help.
My flame shines bright. Just make sure not to get burned by it.

Re: Interactive Story

 Okay!

I was just wondering. Sounds like a very cool idea.

And you have my vote to make an interactive story out of the story that's already been done so far. We probably shouldn't jump ahead to new plot until we've done the first part justice. It's easier that way, and I've always kind of wanted to actually visually see how it would play out, anyway.

Now, all we need is to get a hold of Jester, Neo and Greenday (even WHD and Myself) to help with the first few arcs of New Beginning.

And, of course, I'll be glad to help with whatever I can. Some suggestions for scenery and all that.

Re: Interactive Story

Actually, I've been thinking on this and I'd actually rather not replay out all of New Beginning from the start but rather start a new adventure in what has been established by our antics up till now.

It just seems like a waste to redo New Beginning in a new form. I mean, we already did it once, why do it again?

Besides, by this point we've already established a good deal of characters, places and other junk to have a great adventure...maybe from the view of some brand new characters.....or less used ones.

Re: Interactive Story

I can send you email updates as things progress.

Re: Interactive Story

Here's that demo I said I'd make.

It's only to demonstrate the concept really....the art style won't be the same for the real project unless we want it to be.

Re: Interactive Story

Philote
I like the idea of starting from the point where we all join the SPL Universe and meet each other, but taken in a more serious form with actual story and plot elements, not just the randomness happening.

Then again, starting from what we've already established and going with a storyline doesn't sound bad either.

I'd agree with either I think.

I suppose we might want to make a list of Places, Characters, and Items from our own universes to keep track of them.
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Interactive Story

Yeah, I'd like to eliminate most, but not all, of the randomness. A little randomness is funny, but not on the scale we've had it. If we did, start from the beginning, we'd have to make some major changes to what happened to keep it plausible.

Re: Interactive Story

Anyways, I'd like to get some serious input from anyone who wants to help so we can hammer out a rough idea of what we want the story to be about, so we can in turn begin the process of defining characters, settings, dialogue and designs.

Re: Interactive Story

Okay.

Let's start with us, then our secondary characters, then the minor parts..

The problem is that some of us now have back-stories that are somewhat compatible with how the NB was supposed to start.

If we start off with "Normal" and then do that, it'll just confuse people...

Re: Interactive Story

Let's try to focus on one thing at a time, to start we still need to decide what the story will be.

Re: Interactive Story

Which thing?

Re: Interactive Story

Marv wrote
...we still need to decide what the story will be.

Re: Interactive Story

Philote
My head cannon has been that we all come from different dimensions that have merged with the SPL dimension and brought us together.
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Interactive Story

Ah.

Let me think..

What kind of story... Something serious...

We could use an antagonist.

Re: Interactive Story

Philote
Administrator
Maybe if we made a SPL Villain, instead of using villains from our character's pasts.
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Interactive Story

Let's break this down into parts.

First, the protagonist or protagonists. Who do we want him/her/them to be? how many do we want? what sort of level should they start out at?

Second, the antagonist or antagonists. Do we even want a particular enemy or a goal? Who or what should they be? How many? Why are they a threat?