Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra, etc

Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra, etc

Apparently nickelodeon's making a spin off of Avatar (The last airbender, not the aliens.)

Its called "The legends of Korra"

Nickelodeon said in a release that “The Legend of Korra takes place 70 years after the events of ‘Avatar: The Last Airbender’ and follows the adventures of the Avatar after Aang – a passionate, rebellious, and fearless teenaged girl from the Southern Water Tribe named Korra.”

Korra’s quest eventually leads her to Republic City–the epicenter of the world of “Avatar.” A metropolis powered by steampunk-type technology, the city is inhabited by people from all nations. Korra finds that Republic City suffers from rampant crime and is also dealing with an anti-bender revolt. Korra is tutored by Aang’s son, Tenzin, is the ways of airbending.
For more info click here.

--------------------------------

I gotta see this when, or if, It comes out.

Re: New Avatar Spinoff?

uh...could be worse...at least they realize that the Avatar: the Last Airbender series had some stuff to be desired as far as an ending goes... unfortunately, it doesn't directly end AANG's story, but hopefully it'll be made up for by the plot...

Re: New Avatar Spinoff?

Yeah... It did feel very Deus Ex Machina...

Big powerful thing appears out of nowhere and solves all his problems. Well, enough of them finish the series.

Re: New Avatar Spinoff?

hopefully they don't make a lot of references to the past ("I remember the Great such-and-such Crisis of years ago"), because stuff like that would have been great to see. They better start us off and just talk about where the situation is now, otherwise, the people will feel cheated (especially me)

Re: New Avatar Spinoff?

JoeD
That sounds exciting. Not to mention more intense (which shows how the creators are getting better).

I can't wait.
Somethings we cannot explain, neither should we provoke them.

Re: New Avatar Spinoff?

Hyperion
As long as they don't make a movie, I find this acceptable.
All hail the king of dunces! You best hold on, I'm opening up my mouth.

Re: New Avatar Spinoff?

This is exciting business! I always wanted ATLA to continue and I love this new idea.

And gentlemen, let's not get too cynical about it until we see it. We KNOW the writers of Avatar can create an involved show with complex characters that grows and broadens over time. This could be really great.

Re: New Avatar Spinoff?

that's what I'm trying to say...I'll gladly give it a shot... I just hope that they do the series justice.

Re: New Avatar Spinoff?

You know this?

It's out now.

My fanboyish squee of delight echoed off the nearby buildings when I found out.

Off to watch it.

Re: New Avatar Spinoff?

I'm watching it as I speak...

Re: New Avatar Spinoff?

Wow.

Talk about technological development.

I do like Korra though. She's pretty much the inverse of Aang in several ways..

Of course.. watching a toddler bust through a wall saying..

"I'm the Avatar! Deal with it!"

Was adorable.

She seems rather... reckless.. prone to impulse.. not at all philosophical..

Re: New Avatar Spinoff?

And we meet the fan-girl bait. .Mako.

A aloof male firebender.. why does this sound familiar?

I do like the earth-bending chap. Bolin. He doesn't seem to take himself overtly seriously.

Oh and fear the young avatar.

Re: New Avatar Spinoff?

Oh, and five bucks says Mako has a crush on Korra.

Re: New Avatar Spinoff?

Well yeah.....there's even a part in the previews where she confronts him with the phrase "Admit it, you like me don't you?"

Re: New Avatar Spinoff?

That seems in line with her personality.

Subtly? What subtly?

I'll just charge into whatever it is like a rampaging elephant.

Re: New Avatar Spinoff?

Mik_Hael
Administrator
Seems good.

Re: New Avatar Spinoff?

So...I'm the only one here who saw the first two leaked episodes a couple weeks before they came out?

Re: New Avatar Spinoff?

Mik_Hael
Administrator
I've yet to have time to see a single episode, I'm gleaming information off of hearsy and commercials. All information provided that is of the spoiler nature will be ignored.

Re: New Avatar Spinoff?

I don't do leaked videos....it ruins the suprise.

Re: New Avatar Spinoff?

 I don't do spoilers. I wouldn't want to spoil the surprise for you anymore than I'd want you to do it for me. But, they came out early, so I did watch them.