Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra, etc

Re: New Avatar Spinoff?

 See, I knew I wasn't the only one who misunderstood posts.

He was asking if anyone had seen the third episode because he hadn't seen it yet...

Re: New Avatar Spinoff?

Yeah, I got that....I was just making a point about not trying to find episodes before they air.

Re: New Avatar Spinoff?

Re: New Avatar Spinoff?

Believe me or don't but I wouldn't lie to you.

Re: New Avatar Spinoff?

I believe you. That was not a "you're lying"

That was a "Fine, fine, I retract my previous statement"

Re: New Avatar Spinoff?

Just watched the third episode....

~Spoilers~

I totally called it that the main villain would have the power to remove people's bending permanently.

Re: New Avatar Spinoff?

Vespert
This spinoff seems promising.

Re: New Avatar Spinoff?

 I thought you said no spoilers.

*Translation: Hey, you spoiled it before I got the chance to!*

Re: New Avatar Spinoff?

Na na na na na

Re: New Avatar Spinoff?

 Hey...

Re: New Avatar Spinoff?

Vespert
Doesn't it air at the same time all across the US?

Re: New Avatar Spinoff?

Technically yes...and technically no... It does but some areas receive it at a delayed time due to a delay in its broadcast.

Re: New Avatar Spinoff?

I technically get two showings of it on my TV. I'm not sure how that works for other providers, but that's how it goes for Comcast/Xfinity.

Re: New Avatar Spinoff?

Philote
If the new villain is capable of energy bending, why didn't they add the lights like when Aang performed it? Also, I find it ironic that the anti-bending group has Energy Bending powers

I think Wulf will get his wish and Korra will learn how to give them their powers back with energy bending when she learns to utilize the spirit side of her powers.

I want to see more metal bending, but I find it odd that lighting bending seems to be common place now. With those two bendings being common now (No sign of blood bending) it seems likely that we will see new bendings revealed later.
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: New Avatar Spinoff?

I think its actually some form of chi blocking...not energy bending. But still...

Re: New Avatar Spinoff?

Vespert
Well Airbending is the only bending without a derived specialization. Like Firebending has lightning generation and redirection, Earthbending has metalbending and Waterbending has healing and bloodbending.

Is there a canon material where they name it Energybending? I always thought it was something some fans came up with.

Re: New Avatar Spinoff?

I think it was the lion turtle thing that called it energy bending.

Re: New Avatar Spinoff?

Vespert
Hmm... Maybe. I had trouble understanding it and I thought it sounded metaphorical rather than "here, you just obtained a new power!"

Re: New Avatar Spinoff?

Yeah, I'm kinda skeptical to think that he's an energybender.

1) He doesn't come across as the spiritual type. I doubt the Lion Turtle (or any other spiritual user of Energybending) would teach him the secret of Energybending. It's just likely that, in his training as a chi blocker, he discovered the seat of bending powers, and knows how to exploit it to permanently negate bending powers.

2. Yes, if that happens, it will be awesome.

3. Branching out into other types of bending would also be awesome. Such as true Plantbending (being able to grow plants, change their species, make them grow/shoot thorns, etc, instead of Waterbending which can only move around plants that are already grown), Lightbending, Shadowbending, Soundbending, or something of that sort...even a return to, yes, Bloodbending, Sandbending, etc.

Re: New Avatar Spinoff?

Every time I try to think which bending skill I would want I can never choose. I always rule out Air bending (I never liked it), but Fire, Earth and Water always tied in my mind.