Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra, etc

Re: New Avatar Spinoff?

Zaleramancer wrote
Hmmm..

It's possible, I suppose.

I wonder why Lin is so unlike her.
Unlike her?

I think they're pretty similar.

Provided Lin is meaner, but, still, the two seem pretty blunt, and not easily impressed by others' displays of power.

Re: New Avatar Spinoff?

Toph would probably have approved of Korra's actions, if not enthusiastically congratulated her. They'd get along well.

Whereas Lin looked like she wanted to bite Korra's head off.

Re: New Avatar Spinoff?

I totally agree with you; Toph and Korra seem they'd be easily friends (and might still be, if Toph has not died as of the beginning of this series. And admit it; it's possible. She's younger than Katara, and Katara's still alive, so unless they outright say Toph died...)

 As for Lin, well, my guess is the two will get along later in the series; or at least she'll learn how to tolerate her.

I mean, srsly, who else (of the currently provided cast) has the potential to teach Korra Metalbending?

Maybe not now, but possibly toward the end of the series? I could definitely see her begrudgingly learning to respect Korra, perhaps teaming up with her (or at least somewhat appreciating her help), or something else of that order. Seems kinda like it's necessary, as a matter of fact.

Re: New Avatar Spinoff?

Still, I'm interested in what direction it's going to go in with the anti-bending movement.

They do have a few points about how some misuse bending.. though militant responses are bad.

Re: New Avatar Spinoff?

I still think Spirit bending will play some part in it....You know, removal of bending powers and all.

Re: New Avatar Spinoff?

 Sounds good to me. Though, basically, it's a horribly-veiled real-life analogy to the response of the supposedly "normal" masses to supposedly "different" few, I'd still watch, just to see how well it's played out in the Avatar universe.

Re: New Avatar Spinoff?

Wouldn't removing all bending throw the universe out of whack or something, though?

Not to mention that sort of thing rather disturbs me. The removal of abilities without your consent..

It'd be something like someone catching you and cutting your legs off, or blinding you.. an ability that you've had for a long time is suddenly gone...

Re: New Avatar Spinoff?

Energybending.

Re: New Avatar Spinoff?

I'm not so sure about that, but I'm waiting to see if Energybending can be used to give non-benders bending powers, or if it can change a bender's element, or heighten present bending powers.

Not to mention, there's got to be other types of bending we have yet to see.

Re: New Avatar Spinoff?

Same difference...

Re: New Avatar Spinoff?

First Korra would have to find the Lion-Turtle.

Again.

And somehow convince it to teach her.

Re: New Avatar Spinoff?

Re: New Avatar Spinoff?

Actually, she would just have to contact Aang in the spirit world. Avatars who contact their past lives can access any knowledge their past lives gain.

Which reminds me.

I eagerly await witnessing her entrance into the Avatar State.

Re: New Avatar Spinoff?

If nice, passive, pacifistic Aang turns into a fighting machine when in Avatar State...

Then Korra...

Oh dear..

That city will be sunk under a tidal wave..

Re: New Avatar Spinoff?

 Indeed...

I just hope it doesn't take for Amon to do something drastic at the very end of the series to trigger her.

Though, now I think about it, her powers ARE more physical than spiritual.

Oh, my. She may show the Avatar State later on after all... *sigh*

Re: New Avatar Spinoff?

It mentions this.

She's really good at the physical side of bending. Horrid at the philosophical and spiritual aspects.

It'll take time for her to learn balance..

Re: New Avatar Spinoff?

Yes, but...hopefully it takes only to the end of the first season, at latest, to trigger her Avatar State. If her crowning moment of awesome is the FIRST activation of the Avatar State, I will surely cry.

Re: New Avatar Spinoff?

The Junkyard Cat
Hey has anyone seen the third episode yet I havent found it on the internet yet?
My flame shines bright. Just make sure not to get burned by it.

Re: New Avatar Spinoff?

Philote
Administrator
The third episode is not out yet, it airs next Saturday.
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: New Avatar Spinoff?

No Spoilers!