Which power do you prefer?

Myself
Here, one person will write down two powers and the next person pick which one they would prefer, not the most powerful. Then, they suggest another pair, possibly involving the "winning" power. Then it continues in that cycle.

Here's my suggestion:
Power Backup vs Power Backup Ability

Re: Which power do you prefer?

seems kinda like the "would you rather" section...anything you could add to spice it up?

Re: Which power do you prefer?

Myself
I wondered if anyone would ask that. The reason I made this is so we can ask EACH OTHER which is a better power. Also, here we can CHOOSE which to compare. If you really want to spice it up, why not take the winning power and compare it to another, to see what powers are truly the most wanted. Well, at least until we get bored with the current pair and their evolutions, at which point we can choose another, unrelated pair.
Whd

Re: Which power do you prefer?

Whd
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Which power do you prefer?

Myself
Power Backup:
-Nobody can use your power CD's except you. Anyway, if people could take powers from you, you could give powers to your friends.

Advantages:
-You can make more copies of powers.
-If you don't like a power, you don't need to copy it.
-You can make even numbers of copies of each power.

Strategies:
-Hide your CD's in self-storage locations.
-Make a secret room at home for your CD's.
Spend your time doing other things.

Good Combo's:
-Instant Storage: Keep a CD of it on you at all times and store all your other CD's in that dimension. That way, you do not need to carry them all around and if you lose Instant Storage, you can restore it using the CD you are carrying.
-Energy Imbuing: Make the disks shoot high voltage at anyone except you.
-Ability Imbuing: Make a more sophisticated defense for your disks.
-External Duplication, make one copy of your power and then multiply each one repeatedly.
-Limb Multiplication: Make several copies at once.

Disadvantages:
-Costly; that many CD's will start to get expensive, especially if you want to make a lot of backups for a lot of powers.
-Could take a lot of time, especially with a lot of powers which need a lot of backups.
-CD's can be destroyed.
-How can you possibly hide sufficient numbers of CD's without them being discovered?
-Need to actively make backups, which take 20 minutes.
-Need to actively restore lost powers, which takes 2 minutes.

Power Backup Ability:

Advantages:
-Automatically make backups.
-Every 24 hours, without any effort, you get a backup of each  of your powers.
-No need to buy, hide or carry around stacks of CD's.

Strategies:
-Hide for a week; seven backups should be sufficient.
-Avoid power-affecting foes while you build up backups.

Disadvantages:
-Backups can run out.
-You supplies vaguely run in chronological order; the older powers will have more backups.
-If you get a new power, you have to wait for 24 hours for a backup of it.
-You get them at a rate of 1 backup a power ever 24 hours.

My personal opinion is (not the most useful or most powerful): Power Backup, I don't know why.
As a combo: I think they make a pretty good combo, as you can have extra copies hidden externally. This is why I acquired both.

I will have to research the two you suggested to post my next opinion.

Re: Which power do you prefer?

Well, ya know I have to weigh in on this one...

but it's kind of a toughie.

Aphrodisia: become so attractive and loveable, that neutral people want to screw you, want to be your friend and will do nearly anything to please you   (doesn't work on enemies)

Eros: capable of making people fall in love with EACH OTHER, perceive a person's soul mate, get really good with archery, and perhaps retractable wings for really fast flight

Aphrodisia: Get people to love you and fight for you

Eros: Distract people from fighting AT ALL, by making them fall in love with each other

Aphrodisia: People fight for you, don't get your hands dirty

Eros: Fly, don't get your hands dirty

Aphrodisia & Eros: Make people fall in love with YOU

Aphrodisia: Make people fall in love with YOU

Eros: Sense who the people are in love with, and make them fall for EACH OTHER

Aphrodisia: Perceive how to sexually please ANYONE

Eros: Uh...Perceive a person's soul mate, hook 'em up?

Nope...I think Aphrodisia Wins.

Re: Which power do you prefer?

Wish
Telekinesis or Zero Point Energy Field

While moving things with your mind is cool shooting energy that does almost the same thing is in my opinion more awesome.

What do you think?

Re: Which power do you prefer?

I don't see how Zero Point Energy Field is like Telekinesis. In reality, the Zero-point energy is the lowest point of energy one can attain, and so it really could only be used to immobilize things, not immobilize them and manipulate them a la Telekinesis...being able to do that makes it paradoxical and kinda confusing.

But other than that, I still think I prefer Telekinesis; nothing says 'Intimidation' like an invisible force from an unknown source trying to affect your body, or otherwise bring harm to you

Re: Which power do you prefer?

Myself
Power Sacrifice vs Omnipotent Power Negation:
Both block power, but in different ways. Warning: Omnipotent Power Negation has a counter and neogenetica is attempting to make a counter for Power Sacrifice (it won't work due to the nature of the power, but...).

Re: Which power do you prefer?

The counter to Omnipotent Power Negation is fighting a person without powers; weapons will kill that bad boy real nice...hehe

Re: Which power do you prefer?

Myself
Well, the other counter is Power Hold and Power Backup + Ability Imbuing. Ability Imbuing is probably the only power which will work against Power Sacrifice because an object's powers cannot be blocked. Come to think of it, I don't think any power on this site can negate the powers of an object. Thus, you can give an object ability Imbuing for if you lose your copy and make objects contain any other powers you need.

Re: Which power do you prefer?

yeah, fair enough

Re: Which power do you prefer?

Wish
Half-Life 2 states otherwise.

I'm going with Zero Point Energy in fiction.

The gravity gun in Half Life 2 is also called the Zero Point Energy Field Manipulator.

I was going to make that the title but it was too long.

Basically you're controlling physics in order to move objects.

Re: Which power do you prefer?

Myself
The Door vs External Duplication
Both allow for acquisition of desired/needed items, but in a different manor.

The Door:
Advantages:
-Do not need to touch the object first.
-Also provides a hiding place.
-No need to remember what is in there.

Disadvantages:
-May have items you don't want.

External Duplication:
Advantages:
-Has only items you want.
-Can spawn superpowered objects.
-Is easier to obtain items -make it instantly appear in your hands.

Disadvantages:
-Need to touch items first.
-Need to remember what you have, but this can be solved with a notebook.
Whd

Re: Which power do you prefer?

Whd
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Which power do you prefer?

Myself
Administrator
Ability Imbuing vs Jacket of Wonders
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Re: Which power do you prefer?

make EVERY jacket you have a Jacket of Wonders???
Whd

Re: Which power do you prefer?

Whd
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Which power do you prefer?

"DANG! Where's my Jacket of Wonders?Aw, man, I think I lost it!!!"

"Never fear! Ability Imbuing Man is here!"

*Touches an awesome black leather biker jacket, which immediately gains all the powers of the original Jacket of Wonders, with the exception of looking cooler to the power of 12345.....*

Yep. Ability Imbuing.

Re: Which power do you prefer?

Myself
Administrator
I thought people would think that. Ability Imbuing was always one of my favorites.

Another one:
Ability Imbuing vs Godlike Craftmanship

I still prefer Ability Imbuing, because that way, I can use it on EXISTING objects as well. I also like the novelty of it.
Besides, GC couldn't really help me with Power Backup, could it now?
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]
12