RP One Shots Comments

Philote
Administrator
So lately it seems like people have been struggling to jump back into RPs and find out what is happening so that they can join in and post. We have been going slightly slow and have not been able to try out all the good RP ideas that we have had. So, I propose we try doing some short campaigns of different ideas we have had, such as the Pokemon RP, Amalgam RP, and many others. Each one shot would last about two weeks before we bring it to a close and then we could wait a few days to make sure the main RPs are getting posts as well before starting a new one shot. If any one shot becomes incredibly popular, it can graduate to a full RP. Unlike the RP Creator thread, this thread will only be used to comment on the current active one shot. Since I've started the idea, I've taken the liberty of starting the first one shot as well, which I'll try to bring to an end on the 21st of June. Feel free to grab as many characters as you'd like to manage for this one shot.
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: RP One Shots Comments

I'm really glad you thought of this. I'll be sure to contribute to the One-Shot when I can.

Re: RP One Shots Comments

Philote
Administrator
Since I'm experimenting to see how effective these one shots are going to be, I'm going to wait till tomorrow to let people jump in with their opening comments but if people don't I'm going to go ahead and try moving things forward if I have time.
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: RP One Shots Comments

Philote
Administrator
I was hoping to do an introduction with a large group once everyone had made their characters, but it looks like people will have to join forces as they move through the city now.

Feel free to add in any tidbits or lore into the story as you like. I'm going to try and guide things to make a story unfold but if you want to explain exactly what the Wood or Water gates look like then you can, or I will when the group reaches there.

Also a note: There are other warriors and sell swords, but you are The Fighter and are unrivaled in your profession. Bars bend, weapons sing in your hands, and blood flows.
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: RP One Shots Comments

This should be entertaining.

Re: RP One Shots Comments

My apologies for not hoping in sooner.

Re: RP One Shots Comments

Philote
Administrator
I'm assuming everyone who doesn't mention their race is a Miinervan / Mineral Elf.
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: RP One Shots Comments

Philote
Administrator
Smack, Wulf, Dryad, and anyone else: You guys want to jump in?

@Vault: I'll assume they agree if they do not reply within a reasonable time.

@Everyone: If you want to drop in tidbits, rumors, or trivia about the city or what you might be facing, go for it!
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: RP One Shots Comments

Smackgiver
I'm definitely interested.   I'm just up to my eyeballs at work and have had to work late since I got back.

If I'm not too late, I'll try to post something NLT tomorrow.
Peace, Love, and Rockets

Re: RP One Shots Comments

Philote
Administrator
Sounds good, feel free to jump in as soon as you can
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: RP One Shots Comments

Now, guess what Jelia's favorite kind of magic is.

Re: RP One Shots Comments

Philote
Administrator
Well I certainly wasn't expecting that outcome from the last couple of posts.

Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: RP One Shots Comments

Ericus Europaeus (Bug)
Administrator
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: RP One Shots Comments

Alright, I would think the comically overdone presentation would make it clear what was going on, but for clarification, since I failed to make this clear earlier, Jelia's favorite form of magic is illusions.

Re: RP One Shots Comments

Ericus Europaeus (Bug)
Administrator
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: RP One Shots Comments

I was going to be affronted by the fact that you all think I would make a character summon a demon within three posts, when I remembered that I totally would probably do that.

Re: RP One Shots Comments

Ericus Europaeus (Bug)
Administrator
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: RP One Shots Comments

Gentleman Vaultboy
Well, good job hiding the ring then. That was excellent.
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: RP One Shots Comments

Philote
Oh, oops

Well maybe that was all an illusion.

Or the ring works on illusions.

Or you wished for yourself to appear weak to fool the legion.

Roll with it  I'm at work so I don't have time to update the post.

Also, you would totally summon a demon in two posts given the chance.
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.
1234 ... 6