RP Comments (3)

The Marvelous Miscreant wrote
I meant in appearance...
Um, I think you can make them out on the pic, if you zoom in...

In real life, they're nothing more than shwanky-looking scribble-scratch, but I tried to make them look as different and original as possible. Rather than multiple lines put together to make a single symbol, each symbol is composed of one line, bent and twisted; and each 'sentence' of symbols is connected together, similar to writing in cursive or Arabic.

Take another look at the pic.

And if that doesn't help, I could provide another example.

RP Questions

Which origin story did you guys go with?

What year is it in the RP, and when did everyone get powers?

Is London taken for any plot significant events?

Re: RP Questions

667
I think we went with an amalgamation of the two origins actually.

The percentages of superhumans (1 in 5) and the electrical devastation from the Australis Event came from mine, but it looks like the meteor landed and helped the Event a little too.

As to WHEN the Event is, ask the Aztecs--2012. What year it is now, however, is a bit ambiguous. The Great Skirmish was in 2014 (yes I changed it, yes I'm messing with canon, I feel like a jerk), and it was long enough ago that Flores looks back on it with a fair bit of admittedly borderline psychopathic nostalgia.

London? It's not taken, but it is one of the last bastions of order. The British are a bit touchy about letting anyone take over their little island--ask the French, they tried for 500 years.

Re: RP Questions

Mmkay ad we're heading WHERE in the story? I know we're heading somewhere in that souped up humvee, but...oh, forget it, I'll check...

Re: RP Questions

FlyBoy4
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: RP Questions

Oooh...sounds spicy...but I has questions...1) what's the weather like? Better yet, 2) what the heck time of the year is it as of now. And even BETTER yet, 3) how the heck did YOU get to be one of the chief executives behind this whole operation considering you only made your debut today???

Re: RP Questions

FlyBoy4
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: RP Questions

meh, whatever makes MY load lighter...

Re: RP Questions

wondering, do you guys think Trelaine should be the overlord of ALL of Santa Fe? Or just a large part? Which seems more acceptable?

Re: RP Questions

Ericus Europaeus (Bug)
Administrator
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: RP Questions

667
All of Santa Fe. I got a feeling Trelaine would not tolerate local Warlords very well--if there WERE other leaders in Santa Fe, they did not last.

Re: RP Questions

which seems more favorable? Cuz I know we don't want to keep coming up with people to rule different places. I mean Santa Fe is only a part of the state itself, which already limits his rule. I think he should be over all Santa Fe...

Re: RP Questions

FlyBoy4
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: RP Questions

Wish
I agree he should rule over all,  but I think that his (half) brother could possibly be a contender to usurp the throne?

Do you think that would introduce some conflict into the story or in other words would that be a good story line?

Re: RP Questions

667
Naw, Trelaine does not strike me as the type of man who would tolerate usurpers of any sort.

I imagine that as soon as his power became certain, he banished all his family to the wasteland--and still does so with any child he fathers.

Re: RP Questions

oh, 667, you really do get me...but no, Dane does live with Caleb. He's a stoner type, so Caleb doesn't view him as a threat. The father that they share died yeas ago, HIS mother FAKED her death to start a new life in Australia (keeping contact only with Caleb) and DANE'S mom was killed secretly by Caleb's folks when she tried to take over in Caleb's mom's place.

Re: RP Questions

667
HECK YES.

Discussing the plot behind the curtain with FlyBoy, I once noted that I saw Caleb Trelaine as Caesar's ambition combined with Caligula's wanton cruelty married to Stalin's bloodthirsty suspicion.

As such, I'm imagining that Santa Fe will feature a state-run police, obscene amounts of propaganda, a concrete wall around the perimeter, a government monopoly on energy, that type of business.

However, I don't think Trelaine would be big on CCTV. Anything that would remotely give someone else the same scope of information as him would be immediately discounted.

Re: RP Questions

He has a council of chemically mind-controlled psychics to advise him and monitor his lands. And spies, and other people...of course, his police are corrupt and picked out specially by him, and mostly superhuman (those who aren't either go through extensive training or are already good at what they do...); he has other chemically-controlled humans monitor the lands through surveillance cameras, and he surrounds himself mainly with superhumans...staff, friends, allies, associates, etc.

Re: RP Comments (3)

Ah, now I see it...

Re: RP Comments (3)