Power Orphanage

Locked 985 messages Options

Power Orphanage

Josh
Basically, if you need help on a power/concept for a power, or just want to say "I have this idea, but I can't/won't write it up, so I'll let anyone who wants to use it," do it here.

I'm having trouble with two different powers, and I also am throwing out an idea I've abandoned.

First, I have an idea for a "Power Control Panel." Basically, it's so you can turn off powers that might have detrimental effects (i.e., a power that gives you a permanent stone body) or swap out conflicting powers at will. It would have an additional function to completely drop a power (in case you somehow obtained one that there was NO benefit to having), that you could use before a newly gained power kicked in. But I can't find a way to make it all fit and sound cohesive. It just sounds like a jumble of random effects when I write it.

Secondly, "Power Scatter." You can abandon your powers at will via Power Scatter, but as long as you still have your original copy of Power Scatter, you can recall the powers back to you. I'm having trouble determining if the powers should just be like floating in non-existence, dropped as physical objects, or given to random/decided people in the meantime.

And, finally, a free idea for anyone who wants to use it. Basically cursing someone via protection. Their powers are absolutely guarded against being harmed/used by anyone, including their owner. Might be a good offensive use for a "Bestow Protection" power.

Re: Power Orphanage

Myself
Administrator
Could I post the switchboard idea? I'll put your name in it.
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Re: Power Orphanage

Myself
Administrator
I was coming up with a similar idea to the switchboard, but I forgot about it for a while. This is how I will set it out:

Josh's Power Switchboard

The ability to deactivate your own powers.

Got a power with negative effects? This is the power for you. You can have any power in one of three states: Active, so you can use it and inactive, where it is unusable. Another bonus is that if you get a power you don't want, you can discard it. This power cannot be deactivated by any of your own powers, including itself.

Pros:
-Got a good power you don't want active? Switch it off.
-Got an unwanted power? Get rid of it.
-This cannot be deactivated by any of your own powers.

Cons:
-If negated, you cannot reactivate inactive powers.
-Useless if this is your only power.
-If you deactivate a form of power mimicry, you lose all acquired powers during negation.
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Re: Power Orphanage

Josh
@Myself: Yes, you have my full approval to post what you come up with based off of my ideas in the first post.

@WHD: The last of the three ideas was just a nugget I was throwing out to see if it could help inspire someone. It wasn't a direct concept for a power, just a sort of starting idea.

And, also, this isn't just for me, other people should post any ideas they have.

Re: Power Orphanage

Wish
Superpower Burn

An anti-superhuman power that burns as hard as a person's power is. The stronger power that they have the more powerful it is. It does not kill but sets them on fire and puts them in pain relative to the amount of misery that they have caused with their power until their power is "burned off". When a power is burned off it becomes unusable depending on how powerful it was. The more powerful it is the longer time it takes to reform.

Has no effect on normal people

Don't know about whether an anti-superhuman power would be allowed?

Re: Power Orphanage

Myself
Administrator
I think it would be allowed. I say go ahead with your idea; if it gets rejected, it was a good idea anyway.
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Re: Power Orphanage

Myself
Administrator
I just submitted power switchboard.
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]
Whd

Re: Power Orphanage

Whd
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Power Orphanage

Myself
Administrator
Thanks for approving it. WHD, were you the one who approved it by any chance?
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]
Whd

Re: Power Orphanage

Whd
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Power Orphanage

nice...

Re: Power Orphanage

Wish
This post was updated on .
Genre Savvyness

A power to recognize past mistakes of characters in fiction so that you don't make the same mistakes.

Or use it to exploit enemies to trick them.

I don't know how to correctly word this power

Re: Power Orphanage

Genre Awareness

Genre Perception

Genre Access

Genre Exploitation

Genre Utilization

Genre Use

Re: Power Orphanage

Um, speaking of power-naming difficulty, I was wondering what you all think of THIS power

Akasha Manipulation

The ability to actually manipulate the supernatural Akasha records, which contain records of all things

Can use this to change what people perceive to be true, change what is accepted as history, change people's memories, and many other things...which I will further detail if I decide to do it. And you can restore them to normal if they are changed (by you or anyone else).

Re: Power Orphanage

Wish
Sounds fine.

How about this?

Blue Pyrokinesis--the ability to create blue flames

The only difference is that it is blue flames which are hotter than red flames. Don't know if that is redundant or not?

Re: Power Orphanage

It sounds okay to me; narrower variations of abilities have been made...
Whd

Re: Power Orphanage

Whd
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Power Orphanage

Myself
Administrator
Like that's a problem. I made two powers (Teleportation Imbuing and Reincarnation 3: Object) which reflected Harry Potter. Reincarnation 3: Object especially.
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Re: Power Orphanage

jester_of_god
I still need help with that mask skill that I mentioned in the post "Who passes powers." Honestly I don't see anything wrong with this one.
Welcome one and All to the Jesters Carnival, where the prizes are greater than your wildest dreams, but the nightmares here shall silence you before you can even scream.

Re: Power Orphanage

jester_of_god
Name: Eye Of Living Heck Overview: The ability to send someone's soul to heck. Description: Using this ability you can send someone's soul directly into the fires of heck by looking them directly in the eye. While they are in heck every second of torture will feel like a year or decade instead. Once their soul is in heck you have two choices. 1 return their soul to their body after five seconds. 2 leave their soul in heck for the rest of eternity and keep their body as your loyal slave. Pros: Free slaves Paralyse your enemies Break the mind's of the week hearted Cons: Never look in a mirror and activate this power, Ever. You have to lock eyes for an instant. Jack card spirits...

Okay apparently this one got rejected because of the ability Hellbound which already existed, but this one has several differences.

1. You and the person have to lock eyes for you to send them to heck.
2. the trip only lasts several seconds but feels like years.
3. you have the option to keep them in heck and have their body live on as an eternal slave.

How can I get this one passed.
Welcome one and All to the Jesters Carnival, where the prizes are greater than your wildest dreams, but the nightmares here shall silence you before you can even scream.
1234 ... 50