Message Board 3

Welcome to the Message Board. Here you can post any bulletins than you would like people to know. Birthdays, if you'll be away, if you have a question, comment or concern, if you want to make an announcement, or would just like to exchange contact information (email, home phone, cell phone, address, etc). Feel free to do that all here.

And speaking of which:

Marvelous Miscreant wrote
Well, I'm back from Austin Comic Con
How was it, Marvelous? Did you enjoy yourself? In WHD's words:

WHD wrote
How was it?
Did you cosplay? Saw any famous cosplayers?
Pictures/videos?

Re: Message Board 3

It was pretty great. I didn't cosplay because I had no time to make a costume I'd be proud of. I have no idea if I saw a famous cosplayer cause I don't know any famous cosplayers.

I would have had pictures but my camera decided it wanted to burn out its batteries the night before without my knowledge.

Re: Message Board 3

Philote
Administrator
Sounds fun, what all did you see?
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Message Board 3

There was a team of cosplayers that was pretty awesome. They all had high detailed costumes and were dressed as the 8 Vaulthunters from the Borderlands 1 and 2 and then the 9th one was a psycho and the 10th one was a Hyperion Engineer. The guy playing Zero's costume was the best because his helmet actually changed patterns and the LED lights worked.

There were some really buff dudes cosplaying anime characters (Goku, Natsu, and Armstrong) which I thought was a nice change from skinny teenagers playing characters way outside their body type. The best was the guy playing Louis Armstrong from Fullmetal Alchemist he was really in character and kept asking people if they'd like to "...see the artistic alchemy passed down though the Armstrong family for generations."

I didn't get to see any of the programming because I was with my brother and he hates lines. But the booths had some pretty fantastic swag.

Re: Message Board 3

Philote
Administrator
I really need to get around to going to one of those.
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Message Board 3

One of my Team Mates was being interviewed for a Article in the Wall Street Journal. By extension, I am also in the article. I made it into the background of the Picture they used for the article.

Score one for Marv

Re: Message Board 3

Philote
Administrator
What was the article about?
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Message Board 3

The article was titled "Colleges Clamp Down on Bloated Student Schedules"

Its about how some states are lowering credit hours needed for a Bachelor's degree.

Re: Message Board 3

That needs to be a thing here in Florida.

Re: Message Board 3

WonderDrow
Administrator
Are there that many Bloated Students in Florida then?
True colours always shine brighter within darkness. ~ WonderDrow ~

Re: Message Board 3

 Too many *sigh*

Re: Message Board 3

I'm one Presentation, an Essay, and a Post Mortem away from returning to posting....

Re: Message Board 3

Recovering from finals.

Finnnnalllss

Re: Message Board 3

So happy I got out on the 13th. Good golly, this semester was so cruddy. Hope next time goes smoother.

Re: Message Board 3

Okay, so first off, Happy New Year, I haven't been to this thread (and barely this Forum) in months, so there's that. Now, to the matter at hand.

Is there anything we can do, that we haven't already been doing, to help bring new people to the Forum? I mean, the podcast idea is still on the table for anybody interested/ready/willing/able, but anything else?

Re: Message Board 3

I was hoping our OCT might be able to draw a few interested parties in. If the SPL "sponsors" it.

Re: Message Board 3

 Yeah, that's definitely one way. I think that could work.

Re: Message Board 3

Philote
I think the bigger problem is getting current members to actually post. New blood is nice and all, but if there isn't anything actually happening here for them to join, then there isn't much point in inviting them.
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Message Board 3

You make a good point.

And perhaps another good one, is getting folks on at the same time, under one common interest. That would contribute to  consensus, but as of late, we haven't had a good old fashioned cabal meeting like in the old days.

Re: Message Board 3

So, I'd like to give the podcast thing a try. I think the final product could be interesting and engaging. The equipment necessary seems to be mostly available. We just need ready, willing and able participants. Gats and I are among them, but I'd like to get about three or four folks to weigh in. If we have to let the final spot be just a temporary guest-hosting step-in role, so be it.