Message Board 3

Re: Message Board 3

I'm interested to say the least/

Re: Message Board 3

I hate to keep putting things off, so, I think maybe, in the meantime, we can try to brainstorm about stuff we want to do the podcast on. I'm not an expert about the in-depth history of comics and games and stuff, but I'd like to learn, and along the way, I can lend opinions. I'm not an expert, but I know things here and there. Plus, we can promote the Forum. The Forum promotion would sadly be secondary, until traffic picks up.

In the meantime, anybody here got any ideas they'd like to discuss? Naturally, I think the various superhero shows and other comic related shows should be included, but what else?

Re: Message Board 3

Philote
Administrator
So, Superman officially has a new power. The Super Flare.

Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Message Board 3

 It's been a thing for a couple weeks now.

 I think it's really interesting to help add a new element to Superman's character (the ability to be reduced to levels of power closer to human), but I really hate the new costume design that's coming along with this new ability: he basically looks like a douchebag gym jock.

Re: Message Board 3

Mik_Hael
Administrator
the reason I don't pay much attention to superman is as follows.

"Oh no he's encountering an enemy that he thinks he can't win against, whatever is he going to do? What's this? he's discovered a new faction of his Cryptonian biology that blows the villain out of the water.

....yeah remember the time where he sneezed and accidentally erased several galaxies, or when he patched a hole in reality with static electricity, or the time when he shot beams from his hands that repaired a broken damn. He's basically a reality manipulator, which would be forgiven, if his personality wasn't hopscotching between fucking bland and douche bag on a daily basis. And if you don't believe me about the douche thing, remember the time super man went back in time with batman and used his powers to convince Salem that he was a witch so they'd burn batman at the stake, and then set the fire himself with his laser vision?

Re: Message Board 3

Philote
Administrator
I was hoping that he would get the power to shoot a mini-superman out of his hands.
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Message Board 3

 Wow, he's had a much more interesting history than you might think at first glance.

Re: Message Board 3

Mik_Hael
Administrator
less interesting and more two children yelling at each other about stuff their imaginary friend can do.

btw he got jealous of the tiny supermen and ended up making it sacrifice itself to get rid of the ability.

Re: Message Board 3

Yeah, I saw. That was a hilariously ludicrous story, even for a collection of stories about a superhuman alien who solves crimes and saves people.

Re: Message Board 3

Mik_Hael
Administrator
who dresses in blue tights and wears a red speedo.

Re: Message Board 3

Male Strippers

Re: Message Board 3

I would have corrected you by saying Jester meant 'Superman', but it looks like that answer could go either way.

Re: Message Board 3

Mik_Hael
Administrator
well considering that superman undresses in a clearly visible phone booth whenever he goes into action.

Re: Message Board 3

I'd hope he moves at super speed so no normal human could see.

Re: Message Board 3

WonderDrow
Administrator
Despite his speed, he's not the fastest flasher.
True colours always shine brighter within darkness. ~ WonderDrow ~

Re: Message Board 3

I would imagine not.

Re: Message Board 3

Mik_Hael
Administrator
but after a certain point you move faster than protons so what's the point of flashing.

Re: Message Board 3

The satisfaction?

Re: Message Board 3

Yeah, I'm assuming Superman isn't actually a serial flasher, and just needs to get into costume, so I'mma go with that.

Re: Message Board 3

Mik_Hael
Administrator
If that were true they'd probably give him a power or technology that allows him to do that, like the magical ability to rebuild walls with beams from his hands.
123456