Mary Sue vote.

Re: Mary Sue vote.

Gentleman Vaultboy
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6660801/1/When_The_Plane_Went_Down

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7297884/1/A_twist_in_the_tale

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7527702/1/Jack_and_Jill_Turned_to_Ralph_and_Jill

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7492063/1/Civilized_Heart

And those are all from the first page. In fact, they're the first four things on it, in that order.

Oh, come now. You really shouldn't be surprised. A bunch of boy, all stranded on a island, there clothes all ragged, and it's a required reading in most high schools? You really think that Jack isn't going to have teenage girls drooling all over him?
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: Mary Sue vote.

Hehehe, you are absolutely right. Girls somehow included in a story about a group of students at an ALL-boy school? Yeah, that's ripe Mary-Sue pickins'...

Though I must say, I'm relieved. I thought you meant some Mary-Sue-itude in the ACTUAL LOTF story.

Fanfic Mary-Sue-itude I can handle. CANON Mary-Sue-itude...I cannot.

Re: Mary Sue vote.

Gentleman Vaultboy
I find that Canon Mary Sues are actually extremely rare. Most of the time it's just someone who doesn't like the character using a easy word. The only one that comes immediately to mind is Bella Swan.
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: Mary Sue vote.

Yeah, and thank God for that.

Keep the Sues in Sue-caliber books, I always say. (Actually I don't but that sounds like an awesome quote, lol)

I really think that Sues typically are a fanfic and roleplaying phenomenon, for which I am highly grateful. I'd hate to see Incarceron, or Lord of the Flies, or any other well-thought-out story polluted with those types of characters...
Whd

Re: Mary Sue vote.

Whd
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Mary Sue vote.

ParallelanPrincess
Jean Grey....hmmm...Supergi- WAIT! No... JOE QUESADA!  (In his own mind..One More Day my ) PErhaps, my beloved Dick Grayson in some people's opinion. Damian Wayne may for some. Supes and Bats (BUT NOT TO ME ) Perhaps Sailor *insert planet*? Wolverine, Hal Jordan...it all depends on your interpretation.

Bella Swan, Edward Cullen, all those Twilosers.  All I could think of at the moment.
Student, Secret Agent, Princess

Re: Mary Sue vote.

Re: Mary Sue vote.

Gentleman Vaultboy

Mary Sues? They look like Mary Sues to you?

Oh ye of virgin eyes. Gaze into the abyss!

Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: Mary Sue vote.

Sirmazing
 That is SO Mary Sue
I don't care if my chances of winning are 99.999% or .99%  I'm trying no matter what
GENERATION 22: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Re: Mary Sue vote.

Good LORD! She is TERRIBLE!

We must kill her. Now.

Re: Mary Sue vote.

Sirmazing
I don't think we can kill her, everyone loves her and will protect her at all cost
I don't care if my chances of winning are 99.999% or .99%  I'm trying no matter what
GENERATION 22: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Re: Mary Sue vote.

 They've never faced the Penultimate...

Re: Mary Sue vote.

Sirmazing
OR the Supreme of Traxxon
I don't care if my chances of winning are 99.999% or .99%  I'm trying no matter what
GENERATION 22: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Re: Mary Sue vote.

 Indeed.

Re: Mary Sue vote.

If only she was 1/2 Mathmatician.

Then she'd die instantly!

Re: Mary Sue vote.

So...

Would any of you be surprised that some rank Eragon among the gary-stus?

Re: Mary Sue vote.

Re: Mary Sue vote.

 I've never read Eragon. I need to.

Re: Mary Sue vote.

Tsubasa & Wen Tien
Administrator
Eragon's not a Mary Sue/Gary Stu. He's only liked because he's supposed to be a savior for his people due to a prophecy.
The LOTF example was a sad sad sad one by the way.
I'm considering putting a character up here.
http://loc.wikia.com/wiki/Mina

In NB:
Crescent's best technique: Moonless Night
Suzu's favorite technique: Shining Blade

Re: Mary Sue vote.

 Do that please.