Loot: The Eternity Dungeon

        In a world where adventures who brave dungeons for glory and loot are rock stars; there exists a dungeon unlike any other dungeon known to the world. It was unearthed in the mountains outside a very prosperous kingdom by a group of exploring mages decades ago. The curious intelligence seekers they were, they set up a camp and began to study the dungeon for clues about its history. Since its discovery many have been lost to its mysterious rooms and corridors. Not one living soul that has entered has ever left, due its labyrinthine nature and powerful curses. Once a being enters the so called "Eternity Dungeon" they are trapped there until they die.

Sorcerers, Alchemists and Mages from the four corners of the world came together in intrigue of this Dungeon and were the first to participate in a grand idea. Using their respective magics and some ingenuity they turned the Eternity Dungeon into the world's greatest pastime. Forming the “Incorporated Mages And Gaming Entities Corporation” or I.M.A.G.E Corp. Together they created avatars to be magically controlled by Adventurers that would enter the Dungeon in their stead. These avatars, dubbed Looters, were perfectly generic beings that could be customized by adventurers to reflect their style. Once they are customized and connected to their player, the Looters enter the dungeon in parties and begin the greatest quest to fight monsters, and collect amazing loot until the players quit or their Looter dies.-

And today another party begins their quest…

You’re excited, the Eternity Dungeon is the world’s greatest game and today you finally get a chance to experience it for yourself. After a quick tour of the building and some time spent creating your Looter, it was time to begin the briefing before your adventure. Of course you’re far too excited to find a briefing interesting, but the staff insists it’s necessary.

An overly cheery woman leads you to a room near the dungeon’s entrance. You feel your excitement grow with every step. The woman ushers you in with forced enthusiasm and asks you to sit in one of many very plush looking chairs situated in the center of the room. You choose one of the empty seats as the others are currently occupied by several other people. You assume they are to be your companions for the game. You don’t bother remembering their faces; they’ll look different anyways once you all begin using your looters.

A man enters the room in perhaps the most nonchalant manner you could imagine. Although he was dressed in the traditionally gay and cherry outfit worn by all the staff, his face was a mask of apathy and disgust of his job. He lurches to the front of the room, scratches his scruffy face, and then coughs loudly for everyone’s attention. He pauses a for moment to scrutinize the players before launching into a a clearly pre-written speech with a less than enthusiastic monotone.

“Welcome, Players to the wonderful and exciting Eternity Dungeon. Before you enter the dungeon here are a few fun and help tips as well as some important information. Before we begin, please place these on your foreheads.”

The man tosses a small thin object to each of the players. It’s a sticker-like piece of thick paper with thousands of tiny runes inscribed on it. You stick it to your forehead without hesitation. The mages that run the place are renowned for their expertise in the creation and use of Looters. The other players follow suit.

“These runes will transfer your consciousness to your looter when its time. Before that, let’s take a look at your cool Looter’s model and talk about some of the important and amazing features. Your Looters once activated will act and feel as if it were your own body. These models are the most immersive of our models and include the full range of sight, smell, touch and hearing you’re accustomed too. They’re skin will also function as your skin would normally regardless of the material they’re made of. Now remember, while in your Looter you will still need to eat, drink and sleep or the connection will be broken as it would be in the event of expiration…or rather…your death. You will also have to avoid extreme temperatures without the right precautions. But fret not dying only means game over and you will return here to your bodies safe and sound. Courtesy of IMAGE Corp….IMAGE CORP, making adventure, fun!”

The man rolled his eyes at the company’s corny slogan.

“Now, here are a few helpful tips about what you’ll experience in the Dungeon…”, he began before being cut off by a sudden sparking sound. The sound came from a space in the air before him where a small ember had appeared and was spitting sparks. The ember bloomed into a small pyrotechnic display, which faded quickly and was replaced by a small formal letter printed on pink paper.

“Excuse me, players…It seems…my bosses have something to tell……me…..uh….”

The man scans the document furiously, growing enraged, before crumpling up the paper and throwing it across the room.

“FIRED?! They can’t fire me! I can’t be fired…lack of enthusiasm my ass!”

The man turns back to the players, still furious.

“Sorry, losers, but seeing as I’ve just been fired I couldn’t care less about you. Good luck figuring shit out by yourself!”

With that, the man activated the runes and you feel yourself fall backwards out of your body into oblivion. You float there for a moment in a sea of emptiness before rushing forwards into a great white light and…

Pop!

…the world comes spinning back into view, as you open your new eyes. You’re in your Looter now and the Adventure can begin.  It seems the staff had already moved your looters to the front of the Dungeon. There it stands before you a tall, imposing arch carved with intricate scenes and runes. Beyond it lays a long corridor that trails off into the distant gloom. Once you step past the precipice, there’s no turning back. At least the long walk to the first room will give you plenty of time to meet your new party members…

Re: Loot: The Eternity Dungeon

Gentleman Vaultboy
This post was updated on .
The intelligence behind the dark eyes of the starry blue looters looks down the hallway into the impenetrable gloom. Silently, he gets used to his new body. He bounces back and forth on the balls of his feet, works his shoulders in circles, brings his fist up to his face and tentatively flexes his fingers. His hand shoot outs to his blade, gripping it and bringing it to bare. To test the weight he gives an overhead chop, a horizontal slash, he spins and bring the blade up in a diagonal slice. Satisfied, he spins the greatsword before resting it on his shoulder.

"And so," he says, his giddy young voice betraying his age, "begins a tale of high adventure." With heroic legends dancing in his head and romance burning in his heart, and strode forward wuth purpose past the point of no return and into the hallway. As tempted as he may be, he woul'nt run forward in excitement. Romantic heroes of myth and legend did not run forward like that.

This was going to be the best birthday ever.

Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: Loot: The Eternity Dungeon

Philote
Willow was happy for the escape IMAGE Corp offered. His consciousness floats gently through the black into his new body. Blinking his eyes open, he first notices a couple figures standing in front of him and as motionless as he still was.

Taking a relaxing moment to meditate, Willow begins to feel his spirit fill the new body and awaken it. The feeling gave him great joy. This was already more freedom than he had had during his childhood.

The rest of his order had taken a vow of poverty but he had always believed in using everything the world had to offer instead of shunning its riches. IMAGE Corp's Eternity Dungeon was the only way for him to escape their hold and get a taste of the life he had always wanted.

With a deep breadth, he takes his first step forward in his new body and the motion is pleasant and fluid with his spirit now in sync with his physical form. Continuing the motion, he begins to walk towards the entrance.

Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Loot: The Eternity Dungeon

Philote
"And so......begins a tale of high adventure"

Willow looks towards the sound of the voice of what appeared to be the only other looter to have arrived as early as he did. He decides to stride forward until he was matching pace with the confident stranger.

"Greetings wanderer."
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Loot: The Eternity Dungeon

Gentleman Vaultboy
As the blue lurker turns to face you you could swear the the golden stars draping his chest gleam for just a moment. He raises the hand not holding his sword and gives a vigorous thumbs up. "Ahhh, hail there and well met noble companion!"

He quickly gives his perspective party-member-to-be a once over. "Good god, what a color to choose. It's so boring, like mud." he says, disapprovingly. "And no standard, no symbol." He takes his fist and beats his chest three times, one on each star. "What in the world are you going to put on your shield? We still haven't passed the gate, are you sure you don't want to go back and fix this?"
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: Loot: The Eternity Dungeon

One of the other looters jerked suddenly to life.

It's eyes flickered around and the looter screamed at any and all assembled, "Ah! Brigands! EAT LIGHTNING!"

He thrust out his hands, as if expecting blasts of electricity to spout from them. There was a brief awkward silence, after which he paused and glanced at his hands. "Ohhh. Right.", he muttered.

"Sorry. Reflexes." The looter said, laughing nervously.

Re: Loot: The Eternity Dungeon

Philote
The looter's head nods up and down as he listen's to the blue one's speech.

"I shall consider your words friend. A standard would be welcome and perhaps I may gain one in our travels." Willow places his hand on the other looter's shoulder as he speaks.

Another outburst erupts in the middle of their discussion and Willow removes his hand as he turns back to look. "It seems another companion has awakened from their hibernation."

Waving his hand, Willow beckons the other looter over.
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Loot: The Eternity Dungeon

As though nudged awake from a pleasant dream, the young mage sat up, and a hand went up to wipe away the drowsiness--or disuse--from his eye. He blinked, things became clearer, and he tried to stifle a yawn.

"Hm..." his voice came, groggy, "Well, then, did it work? Am I--oh, hey..."

The hand rubbing his eye. It was...blue. Blue with green tips. He looked down; green-tipped blue feet. And he was certainly shorter. He stood up, a bit unsteady, a bit shaky, and tested out the sturdiness in each leg. He rubbed his hands together, rubbed his face, rubbed his head (which had felt much more spherical than usual)...

"It did work." he gasped, "It really worked! And it turned out better than I could have hoped, so far! I can't wait to--"

He paused. Turned about face...the other Looters. And here he was, looking all giggly and excited like a child. He fixed that post-haste; he stiffened his posture straight-away (as his father always did when meeting someone new or important), his expression fell into stale composure, and he offered a greeting in mild monotone.

"Ahem...Pleased to meet the lot of you. My name is--actually, I reckon I best not disclose that. Anyhow, my looter's name is Xlprq, Jr. Though, with my father absent, plain old Bob is fine. Just please, not Junior..."

(I put the normal spelling of the name for your future reference as far as pronunciation; the spelling is XLPRQ.)

The wizard was an auspicious addition to he group, but more so was the newcomer. The Looter extended a finger and pointed to his chest. "Now that's a proper standard." he says, pointing to the symbol. "Simple and recognizable. Well met, Bob." The looter thumps itself on the chest. "My name," he says to everyone, "is Star Platinum."
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: Loot: The Eternity Dungeon

Philote
Administrator
"And you may call me Willow" the looter says with a casual step forward to greet the newcomers. "I would like to invite you all to accompany us into our new home before the day grows old."

Willow begins to stroll down the path before checking if the others were following, not expecting resistance to his friendly invitation.
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Loot: The Eternity Dungeon

"Nice to meet you, Star and Willow." Xlprq follows Willow straightaway, still testing out his slick, rubbery new skin.

His attention turned back to his own new form, the occasional childish giggle escapes him. Though, anytime anyone turns to see, his expression straightens.

After all, proper young gentlemen don't giggle at silly things like custom Looters of their own design.

Not usually, at least.

Re: Loot: The Eternity Dungeon

Gentleman Vaultboy
"HOLD WIZARDS!" Star shouts, placing itself at the front of the party. "I am better suited to bearing brutal blows. Allow I to take the lead."

Star Platinum advances into the Eternity Dungeon at the groups head, ready to throw himself in front of the others in case HEROISM was needed.
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: Loot: The Eternity Dungeon

The tunnel is long and dim, the light slowly fades to black as the looters trek further in. After awhile a small light appears in the distance of the gloom. The longer they walk, the closer the light grows until the looters come to a medium-sized cavern with several branching tunnels leading from it. The light comes from a small candle that cast burns, wedged into a thin crevice in the wall. Below the candle however is a grim portent.

Lying in a crumpled heap is a dead looter wrapped in worn clothing and clutching to a hatchet. He had not been their long. He seems to wearing a backpack stuffed with supplies.

They cannot retreat from the body however as the passage they had traveled down had ceased to exist when their backs were turned. Now, only a thick rocky wall was there.

(Is the looter wearing a cape?)
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: Loot: The Eternity Dungeon

Philote
Willow walks over to the looter and closes the man's eyes. "Poor soul, such an unwelcome fate and with no place to be buried."
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Loot: The Eternity Dungeon

The heroes inspect the fallen looter and get a better look at him.

He appears to be wearing a pair of moldy boots, a set of matching shirt and shorts, a ragged scarf, a green vest that appears better kept than the rest of his gear, a thick leather belt, a grimy metal bracelet and a very rusty iron pauldron.

He is wearing a rather large backpack and wielding a dull hatchet.

It also appears his beard is false and made to be worn by looters.

Re: Loot: The Eternity Dungeon

Gentleman Vaultboy
This post was updated on .
Star plants one fist into his open palm and bows. "Have a pleasant journey home, fallen hero, for your real adventure ended too soon." He looks around the walls of the very first room of the dungeon. "Far too soon." He adds under his breath.

"Nevertheless, this one's loss is our gain. You should protect your weaker bodies with his garments." He says to the others, before reaching down and claiming the Looters pauldron for his own. After all, it was well know that you could tell the worth of a seasoned adventurer from the size and quality of his pauldrons. He considered the scarf, but it was not nearly long and flowing enough to billow. He does however take the belt and, once it is securely fit around his waist, slides the hatchet into it. Not that he didn't trust his sword Luck, but it never hurt to have a backup weapon.

"This is all I require."

Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: Loot: The Eternity Dungeon

Philote
"I mean no disrespect" Willow says speaking to the dead looter "Just as prey is given to the predator, your death will benefit those that live.

Willow takes the iron bangle from the man's arm, which he places on his right wrist, as well as the man's pack and scarf. The rest of the man's clothes would certainly fit his demeanor as well, but it was not his place to take so much.

Holding his arm up, Willow takes a close look at the iron bangle now resting on his body. This was the first item crafted by man that he could ever call his own. Seeing it, he could feel the shackles of his old order slowly being lifted.

"Is there anything in that pack?"
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: Loot: The Eternity Dungeon

Philote
Administrator
Willow examines the weight of the pack.
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.
1234 ... 19