Horror RP Comments

This is the comments section for the Horror RP, which I had in mind for us to do.

I know, it's very premature, but I'm very anxious for it to start. And I think it has potential to be an awesome series. Especially if we prepare way ahead of time.

Now as I said before, it is going to be an anthology (which means any of us can contribute our own idea for a story, in the comments section, to set up our own RP). However, of course, not everyone has to participate in the same capacity. If you decide to participate, feel free to 'audition' for the part of any of the following:

Narrator- Decider of a story to come (aka GM/DM/Game Master/Dungeon Master); If you narrate, you determine the greater portion of how the story runs. You are required to be present for the entirety of the story, however long it runs; otherwise, if the story is not brought to a proper end, then you must forfeit the rest of story to the Pitchers.

Pitcher- Provider of new ideas, or improvements; originally, this is just a role taken up by people who have ideas they want to contribute to the story, but do not want to narrate the story themselves; however, if the story's narrator loses interest, goes away for a long time, etc, it is up to the Pitchers to decide whether the story continues or not.
---If it continues, they determine how it goes, by reaching a consensus. If the team of pitchers is uneven, I am the tie-breaker.

Character (Protagonist)- Player in the story itself. These are the ones who encounter the bad guy/villain/killer/monster/demon. Moral alignment makes no difference. The only absolute requirement is that the character is defined as primary, secondary or tertiary in regards to story importance. Other than that, the Narrator decides how many characters are allowed, and whoever makes up a character (or characters) must play the character (or characters).

Antagonist (Antagonist)- The bad guy/villain/killer/monster/demon, etc of the story. If the Narrator agrees, there can even be a separate narrator for natural disasters, or the like. But the Narrator and the Antagonist (or antagonists) must coordinate the campaign off-site somehow (so as not to give away spoilers of the story). Facebook, email, text, whatever, just not here (except on details not crucial to story development).

Keep in mind, anyone can be a narrator, a pitcher, a character or an antagonist. The only thing that is not allowed is playing a combination of roles, where one will have an unfair advantage (such as Protagonist and Antagonist, so the Antagonist never harms your character, or Narrator and Protagonist, so your character is the obvious hero).

Otherwise, nearly everything is fair game. The Horror Campaign itself may take place in nearly setting, nearly any place or time; it may combine any other genre; it may have any number of character (within reason); it may run as long or as short as the Narrator and participants like (within reason); any rules or allowances may be made for language, violence and sexual content (though, still, please nothing too edgy as far as race, religion or sexual orientation).

(The above may be amended later, as is required)

All right, now who's interested?

Re: Horror RP Comments

I volunteer for any and all parts!

Re: Horror RP Comments

I do have a story-idea..

So perhaps as a Pitcher.

Re: Horror RP Comments

 Great!

Re: Horror RP Comments

Gentleman Vaultboy
I can pitch, I'm good at that. Can't narrate a lick, though.
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: Horror RP Comments

Any assistance I can provide...I will....with reason of course.

Re: Horror RP Comments

Sounds good. Feel free to post it at any time.

Likewise, if you see anything you think could be added and changed to other stories, feel free to mention that, too.

Re: Horror RP Comments

 Oh, really, THAT'S how you gauge your skill level?

I think you do a darn good job.

Re: Horror RP Comments

 Glad to hear it.

Re: Horror RP Comments

Gentleman Vaultboy
I'm kind of fuzzy on why the narrator and the antagonist fill different roles.
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: Horror RP Comments

They don't have to, but they can.

That's what I was trying to say, you can decide whatever format you want for the story.

Re: Horror RP Comments

I figured as much...I'll have to start whipping up some ideas.

Re: Horror RP Comments

Narrator, I guess, sets up the setting and circumstances of the story. The Antagonist is just the apposing character(s).

Re: Horror RP Comments

This, It is seconded.

Re: Horror RP Comments

 Yeah, I know, I want to think of a couple, too.

And if we do them well enough to keep interest, the thread can go on as long as we want it to, similar to New Beginning.

Re: Horror RP Comments

Indeed.

And you are rather talented at it, as well.

I like both your styles.

Re: Horror RP Comments

Spot on.

These influences may be separate, or one and the same. Narrator decides.

Re: Horror RP Comments

I'm sure we can make a creepy story out of this.

Re: Horror RP Comments

Hm...a jaunty sea tale...of mystery and terror.

I could totally see that.

But I wonder what could be done with it, without it being cliche...

Re: Horror RP Comments

Dolphins. Alien Zombie Dolphins.