Empowered Objects

Re: Empowered Objects

Hm, this is my kinda thread, now I think of it! I've been creating empowered objects for years!

Maelstrom Sword: capable of turning into any weapon in existence

Tsunami Sword: capable of turning into any nonexistent weapon (that can be held easily by the user)

Gown of Gregarious: Allows the user to replicate himself

Cerebellum Cell: A palm-sized sphere that enhanced intelligence and cognition

Blood Ruby: A ruby necklace that lets you summon monsters from your imagination

Twin Moonstones: Two diamond necklaces; you switch features (age, height, weight, gender, whatever aspect of their being that you choose) with whoever wears the opposite necklace

Seed of Jiang: Compels you to always tell lies (or the truth, I forget which)

Seed of Xiao: Compels you to always tell the truth (or lies, I forget which)

Scroll of Syndelluvia: Turns into a map of its current location

Volumen Objectum: Allows the user to locate mystical objects of any kind

GraveLev Stone: Allows the user to alter his weight

Nut of Nescience: A bronze necklace shaped like an acorn, that allows the user to alter and distort memories

Node of Mnemosyne: Allows the user to gain perfect memory and never have memories altered

Jaws of Charybdis: When lain down and opened up, serves as a gravitational black hole to which very few (including the user) are immune (it's shaped like a bear-trap)

Belt of Etrei: Allows the user to move at superhuman speed (even faster than light, at the higher levels)

Psyche Rune: Allows the user to summon any superhuman ancestors one has

Ruby Mantis: Gifts the user with superhuman martial prowess (fighting skill)

Dryad's Belt: Allows the user to turn into a tree and communicate with other plants and trees

Badge of Infectious: Allows the user to perceive and manipulate germs

Net of Pneuma: Allows the user to literally take the foe's breath away (a jar that absorbs foes' breath)

That's just 20 of the 500...

Re: Empowered Objects

Myself
Administrator
500 object ideas!
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Re: Empowered Objects

yeah, 500+, that's the ones I actually wrote down...

Fruit of the Beastmaster: A fruit that you can eat to gain the power to speak to and command animals

Steel Bender: A three-fingered ring you wear to gain control over metals

Pseudo Eye: Allows the user to deceive foes with false visions of the future

Spire of Ocean: Allows the user to gain control over water

Eel's Tongue: Allows the user to conduct electricity

Lotus of Icelos: Allows the user to brings dreams and nightmares to life

Ace of Aqueous: Allows the user to assume a form composed of water

Bane of Gluttony: Allows the user to survive without eating

Chalice of Bixxix- Allows the user to summon an infinite supply of the drink of one's choice

Bowl of Fixxix- Allows the user to summon an infinite supply of the food of one's choice

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Re: Empowered Objects

jester_of_god
...I need to start writing down my ideas more then.
Welcome one and All to the Jesters Carnival, where the prizes are greater than your wildest dreams, but the nightmares here shall silence you before you can even scream.

Re: Empowered Objects

Myself
Administrator
1) A nerf gun with the ability to never miss and the six darts are charged with a lethal energy.
2) A computer with the power of cyberpathy.
3) A sarcophagus with the power of resurrection (turns any who enter into a new body for me) in combination with a tomb to force a victim to enter it (because they probably won't enter otherwise).
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Re: Empowered Objects

@Jester: yeah, that's probably best; I've been writing my ideas down since I was 7 (nearly 13 years ago...)

I now have about 6 binders in use, comprising the entire history of Celadon, all of its creatures, all stories pertaining to it and other drawings and writings (including two Mead composition notebooks for my poetry)...

Re: Empowered Objects

Myself
Administrator
So THATS your secret. Memory seems to work fine for me -nobody can take my ideas.

Although most are business ideas, technological ideas, etc, so I don't wan't anybody stealing the designs.
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Re: Empowered Objects

well, yeah, for something more physically tangible like that, it's best to keep to yourself. I'm just saying, like my poems, stories, plays, mystical creatures, empowered objects and ideas for such (which are creative property and need to be kept track of in high volumes)

Re: Empowered Objects

Myself
Administrator
Yeah, few will try to steal that. Also, I don't need to remember much for my plans; for a story, you need to remember a LOT of information.

While many of my ideas may not come into fruition, I'd like to keep them to myself and those close to me.

Here's one idea you might find interesting:
-Mind uploading (look it up).
-Most people working on this are trying to use computers to hold the entire brain, but that has a few problems:
1) It will take too long to develop.
2) Computers can often crash (resulting in hundreds of potential deaths).
3) Malware (viruses, etc) could attack a human's consciousness directly.

However, what if you used a neural interface to link to the brain (already developed; they can control insects with remote control) and kept the brain in a vat of some sort (may be simple to develop; would just need blood/ a substitute)? We could then store dead people's brains in "archives" in secure locations, so they can enter the digital world or get a new body. For example, they could enter a virtual world in which this site is real -we may be able to experience this in real life.
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Re: Empowered Objects

Yeah, I have the entirety of Celadon kept away in those books, and if anybody ever ran off with my creatuive property and turned them into bestselling novels or movies or something, I'd be FREAKIN FURIOUS (proud that my stuff did so well, but furious nonetheless...)

And as for the mind uploading, that's an interesting concept. However, you have to deal with all the complex programming, and then don't forget, the computers are still only machines subject to human error (and if we make them TOO smart, then we get the whole SkyNet, Terminator scenario)

In addition, there's always potential for corruption (thoughts of famous celebrities and scientific minds being highjacked, altered as a form of mind control or erased with the click of a button; even stolen and sold on the black market for MILLIONS)...in fact, now I think of it, that's a freakin' awesome idea for the RP or some other story.

Re: Empowered Objects

jester_of_god
put it in the evolutionists stone

also, I feel your pain man, if anyone ran off with the black stone chronicles I would contemplate killing them....I need to come up with a different name for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Welcome one and All to the Jesters Carnival, where the prizes are greater than your wildest dreams, but the nightmares here shall silence you before you can even scream.

Re: Empowered Objects

I'm contemplating it, and will shoot the idea to 667 when he returns. I have no clue where it'll be integrated, though. It'd have to be an intellectual Overlord (maybe Lillith Vandal-Savage or someone equally wicked...)

Re: Empowered Objects

Myself
Shadowulf1 wrote
And as for the mind uploading, that's an interesting concept. However, you have to deal with all the complex programming, and then don't forget, the computers are still only machines subject to human error (and if we make them TOO smart, then we get the whole SkyNet, Terminator scenario)

In addition, there's always potential for corruption (thoughts of famous celebrities and scientific minds being highjacked, altered as a form of mind control or erased with the click of a button; even stolen and sold on the black market for MILLIONS)...in fact, now I think of it, that's a freakin' awesome idea for the RP or some other story.
That's why the brains would be giving the orders; you cannot hack the human mind (well, at least not without telepathy). It would essentially be like sitting at a computer, only you could do it for eternity; your mind would make the decisions, then the computer would carry the command out.

I've been working on this idea for a while, but it still needs more development. Here are the technologies required (* means already developed):
-Neural Interface.*
-A way to sustain the human mind independently of body (if not developed, it can be soon).
-Virtual Reality.*
-A way for mental signals to be carried out directly by computer (probably yes, but I can't be sure).
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Re: Empowered Objects

the last problem still goes with neural interface; but, ya know if you plan on doing this in real life they have SOME technology that allows something similar to neural interface (think Kinect or Wii for a brain, lol), but maybe from a superpower perspective, things will be a bit easier to explain...

Re: Empowered Objects

Myself
Administrator
Actually, neural interfaces are already here; they're using them to help quadriplegics control computers to achieve limited independence. In addition, they have used them for mind control in insects.
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Re: Empowered Objects

yeah, it just needs to be specialized, like it will be in the RP (if only you'd read it...)

Re: Empowered Objects

Myself
Administrator
Shadowulf1 wrote
(if only you'd read it...)
I will eventually; I've read some RP's, I just haven't kept reading for long.
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Re: Empowered Objects

Re: Empowered Objects

Myself
Administrator
I'd probably make an object like the "grimhold" in The Sorcerer's Apprentice. This means that one could only escape in one of to ways:
-Someone releases them (they must have the ring with them to do so).
-They have an ability like Morbid Teleportation, allowing them to make a new body outside the extra-dimensional ring.
However, neither method will work if there i someone in a higher level than you; they must be freed to let you out. Each person would make a layer around the last person's.
At the lowest level, I'd have a piece of my soul (Reincarnation 3: Object) surrounded by the person who allowed me to put my soul in there. We could possess the wearer, but no mental or soul attacks could harm us (the layers protect us). This would also be preserved. The wearer could call upon the powers of any one person within the object.

The powers used to make it are:
-Ability Imbuing: Grant the ability to be this prison.
-Preservation: I don't want anyone messing around with it.
-Reincarnation 3: Object: This would be how I keep my soul in there, along with someone else's.
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]
12345 ... 20