Creepy Awesomeness...

Re: Creepy Awesomeness...

WonderDrow
Administrator
My idea exactly.  The only evil demons are those who behave like them.
True colours always shine brighter within darkness. ~ WonderDrow ~

Re: Creepy Awesomeness...

 Mmkay, demons are inside you. I'll keep that in mind.

Re: Creepy Awesomeness...

WonderDrow
Administrator
True colours always shine brighter within darkness. ~ WonderDrow ~

Re: Creepy Awesomeness...

 I hope to have a more benevolent influence working through me, but sure, I could see where that thought could arise.

Re: Creepy Awesomeness...

*ahem* Please forgive me, I'm a bad person.

Of all the ones I mentioned before, I forgot to tell you about My Soul to Take (2010).

I have no regard at all, for the critics who gave it a low rating. That movie was very fun. Psychological, quirky and creepy. I enjoyed the heck out of that movie, and anytime it comes on, I am more than happy to clear other stuff out of the DVR to make room for it. I really think it's under-appreciated now, but I wouldn't be shocked if it became a cult classic.

I know Donnie Darko (2001) became a cult classic, and I don't think it's nearly as good.

Re: Creepy Awesomeness...

Gentleman Vaultboy
Session 9 is a good creepy movie. There is also the classics of The Shining and The Thing. The Blair Witch Project, if you can stand found footage stuff. If you can, I'd also recommend The Bay. There's also two old television specials called Alien Abduction: Incident in Lake County and Ghostwatch. Ghostwatch it interesting because it had the same effect on England that the 1938 radio broadcast of The War of the Worlds had on the United States. Alien Abduction, on the other hand, is in my option the most realistic found footage movie ever filmed because, when editing for television, they had to cut various subplots and scenes for time. What you are left with feels very genuine precisely because the movie lacks much plot, and instead feels like a terrible random event being recorded by some random family purely by chance. Unfortunately I can't find the original T.V. broadcast version anywhere online, bu both films should be up on, if not Youtube, than at least Google video.

If you really want suspense, mystery, and creepy things more than blood or pop scares I'd recommend getting into Japanese and other Asian horror movies, which tend to lean toward creepy rather heavily. The Ring, Ju-on, Dark Water, Kairo and the like. You know, if you aren't adverse to subtitles. Noroi: The Curse is interesting because it's less a horror movie and more a documentary about a horror story.

Take everything I've said about the Found Footage genre with a grain of salt. I love those types of movie and I'm willing to forgive a lot of flaws in them.
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: Creepy Awesomeness...

Re: Creepy Awesomeness...

Philote
Administrator
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Creepy Awesomeness...

ALL OF MY WANT!

Re: Creepy Awesomeness...

In the deed. Quite nice.

Re: Creepy Awesomeness...

Philote
Administrator
There is a new comedy called "Too Many Cooks" that is looking great. You guys need to check out this preview.

Edit: I think I placed this in the wrong thread.

Administrator
True colours always shine brighter within darkness. ~ WonderDrow ~

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Creepy Awesomeness...

WonderDrow
Accidently discovered this true ending to the RPG horror game 'The Witch's House'. (was looking for the english song)
Imagine playing for hours. Trying to make a girl (called Viola) escape from a haunted house.

You finally succeed.
Then this mindfuck happens :
(The video is actually a fanmade 3D adaptation of what happened in the 2D game. And obviously it's a huge spoiler.)

Yeah... poor Viola...
True colours always shine brighter within darkness. ~ WonderDrow ~

Re: Creepy Awesomeness...

Re: Creepy Awesomeness...

WonderDrow
Administrator
Also a song based on a 2D RPG horror game.
Features a mad scientist who can turn people into living dolls.

Fair warning though, the song is kinda an earwurm.

It reminded me about an old tale where a hero searched for a legendairy fountain with water that would grant enternal life.
He eventually found it. Suspiciously, the garden with the fountain was filled with statues that felt warm somehow.

After he drank from the fountain, he turned into a living unmovable statue for all eternity.
Which gave him more than enough time to ponder about why legends don't always tell the whole truth.
True colours always shine brighter within darkness. ~ WonderDrow ~

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Creepy Awesomeness...

Philote
Keep reading if you are ready for a wild ride.

Alan Resnick aka the mastermind behind the mind screw you are about to go through.

Watch this first:

Then this:

Be aware of this channel series (Starting with this video):

Bonus:

If you want to make some sense of your life, watch these explanation videos by a Youtuber named Night Mind:
Alantutorial
Unedited Footage of a Bear
This House Has People In It