Correnian RP

Philote
This RP will revolve around my personal Mythos for my character Philote and his world/dimension. Each Participant will play as a Correnian with a newly activated Core.

Important Definitions:
Aeon - The home world of this RP. It is several times larger than Earth. Its star is the size of the largest known star, VY Canis Majors, and it has the same Sun to Earth ratio that Earth does.
Correnian - The name of the human like race on Aeon.
Philote - The smallest possible particle that is more data than actually physical. These particles join together to form reality. My character is named after them.
Core - A type of Philote that fuses with and becomes a Correnian's soul to give them their power.
Core User - A Correnian that has developed their Core to obtain powers.
Overdrives - A special technique Core Users can develop that focus their powers in specific ways that would be stronger than they could normally accomplish.
Elemental Planes - Planes similar to the ones from the Elemental Planes RP.
Haven - An inter-dimensional hub connected to Aeon's dimension.
Gates - Doors that connect dimensions to Haven.
Gate Guardians - Guardians that represent the power of the dimension for which their gate connects Haven to. They guard the passage into Aeon.
Blank Space - An area where there is nothing but Blank Philotes (Philotes with absolutely no data). Brains interpret it as nothing but white.
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Correnian RP

Philote
Administrator
What we have so far:

Phi: Imagination Core
Marv: Mirage Core
Wulf: Myth Core
Zale: Book Core
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Correnian RP

Tsubasa & Wen Tien
Administrator
I'd like to go with a character named Kagome who has a Weapon Core, if that is alright.
http://loc.wikia.com/wiki/Mina

In NB:
Crescent's best technique: Moonless Night
Suzu's favorite technique: Shining Blade

Re: Correnian RP

Philote
Administrator
Weapon Core is perfectly fine.

I should probably post how the Power Increments work.
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Correnian RP

Philote
Administrator
Power Increments:

Correnian Core Users normally do not rise to incredible levels of power. During the normal life span of a Correnian who utilities their power, the Correnian would only reach Superhero level. This rule will be broken for this RP as eventually our characters reach the immortality development in their powers. During the first arc of the story though, our characters will just be discovering their powers and will have a hard time even using their powers. This arc should be short and our characters will progress through different superhero levels of power. Reality bending levels of power would only develop around the time of the immortality development.
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Correnian RP

Philote
Dryad, for example, your character at the very beginning would have an unnatural talent with weapons and would, on occasion when she was extremely focused, be able to increase the force behind the weapons.

later though, she would get powers such as summoning her own weapons or telekinetically controlling them.

There are also powers such as Flight, Sensing, Strength, Speed, Durability, Healing, etc. That develope no matter what Core you possess. I will determine when these powers manifest though.

Would anyone like to discuss how to create their Overdrives or what powers they would posses at different Power Level Increments?
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Correnian RP

Gentleman Vaultboy
How would a Game Core work? I'm trying to parse this system in terms of something I already know, but all I'm getting is True Runes and Reality Marbles, which I'm pretty sure aren't similar at all.
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: Correnian RP

Tsubasa & Wen Tien
What would a sample Overdrive be like for Kagome at the lowest level, at the highest level, and in between the two?
http://loc.wikia.com/wiki/Mina

In NB:
Crescent's best technique: Moonless Night
Suzu's favorite technique: Shining Blade

Re: Correnian RP

Philote
It would probably work along the lines of Stat Changing and Rule Creation. At the very beginnings of development I would say it would seem similar to a Luck Core in that things would tend to go his way. He would also be good a puzzles and figuring things out most likely.

You can customize your powers as long as they remain close to what I'm describing. Some Cores also cause side effects at the beginning before they are fully mastered.

I happen to have a Game Core character already, but I can let you make that Core anyways since that character would not be part of the RP.
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Correnian RP

Philote
Well, first tell me what weapons she would most likely focus on. She would have power to affect any weapons, but the way her power style develops would also determine which Overdrives she gets. Like she may have more of a focus towards swords than other weapons for example.
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Correnian RP

Tsubasa & Wen Tien
Administrator
I was thinking primarily swords and secondarily bows and arrows.
http://loc.wikia.com/wiki/Mina

In NB:
Crescent's best technique: Moonless Night
Suzu's favorite technique: Shining Blade

Re: Correnian RP

Philote
Administrator
Her first Overdrive could be something that affects her weapon, making it significantly stronger for one attack or increasing its range or area of effect. Like for range, The spirit of her weapon could extend out to hunt down a foe, normally she couldn't do it but when she is able to active her Overdrive it would be possible. It could also effect her directly and give her an Overdrive that causes her eye to turn red and suddenly she 10x stronger than she was before for as long as she can keep her Overdrive active.

Overdrives, in the beginning, are supposed to be a display of power that could not normally be performed and that they can not always active. After a certain point / number of uses, an Overdrive can be developed to be activated much more easily.
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Correnian RP

Tsubasa & Wen Tien
Administrator
Ok, that's interesting. I'd go with the first Overdrive yyou mentioned at first. More useful in my opinion. I'd call it 'Reinokiba (Fang of the Spirit).'
http://loc.wikia.com/wiki/Mina

In NB:
Crescent's best technique: Moonless Night
Suzu's favorite technique: Shining Blade

Re: Correnian RP

Philote
Administrator
Alright.

Any visual styles you want for your character? This could be any side effect she may have from the Core or simply how her power looks as she uses it.
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Correnian RP

Gentleman Vaultboy
"Go ahead, laugh. Come on, you can do, every chuckle at me. Chortler, Guffaw even. I don't care. Just you wait. You may all be smarter. You may all be stronger. You may all be better looking. But I can wait. I can smile and bear it for a little longer. Because one day, when you've all forgotten about me, I'll remember. I'll go into the source code of the universe, and set your everything to zero. I'll take it all away from you, right at your peak, and leave you with nothing.

Go on. Laugh. Hit me some more. Call me names. But just you wait. Unlike you, I can play the long game."
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: Correnian RP

Tsubasa & Wen Tien
Definitely. Anything she affects with her power will be surrounded with a blue glow.
http://loc.wikia.com/wiki/Mina

In NB:
Crescent's best technique: Moonless Night
Suzu's favorite technique: Shining Blade

Re: Correnian RP

Philote
While Zauber may know in KCoM, at the time period in this RP your character would not know the extents his power will reach in the future.
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Correnian RP

Philote
That would most likely be subtle until she actually realizes that she has powers, then it could actually have the glow.

Also, your character would not know about her Core until much later.
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Correnian RP

Tsubasa & Wen Tien
Administrator
Aaaaah, that's saddening to think that our characters have powers but don't know about them....
http://loc.wikia.com/wiki/Mina

In NB:
Crescent's best technique: Moonless Night
Suzu's favorite technique: Shining Blade

Re: Correnian RP

Philote
Administrator
It is just following the same way my Mythos developed. The characters will eventually learn the truth of their powers.
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.
1234 ... 9