Best Power Combinations

Re: Best Power Combinations

Myself
I know about number one, there are a few powers available which could perform that task, but how could number two be done with empathic mimicry -it copies an ability, it doesn't steal it.

If you had ability sponge, you could get:
Empathic Mimicry -walk next to an empathic mimic and get their base power -you were "struck" by it.
Power of Imagination -dare someone to attack you so you gain the power.
Ability Detection -same as number 1.

Also, what about:
Ability sponge + ability imbuing -give any power you want to an object, if you are attacked by a power, you get it for yourself. In addition, you could give, say, a jacket ability sponge for protection against powers.

I don't think I would get any object-based powers, because people could always steal the object off me and I could give an object that power with ability imbuing.

Re: Best Power Combinations

Myself
Sorry for the double post, but I have though of a few more good power combinations:
1) Faith induced abilities + the power which gives you a power if someone doubts you have it.
If you had that combination, you could walk up to someone and say "I can fly" whether they believe you or not, you will get that power though the use of either one of those powers.

2) Pack Invulnerability (PI)+ Ability Sponge (AS), (this could also work if you had someone with this power on your team)
If one person on your team had PI and another had AS, when an enemy strikes the one with AS once, that person is unharmed as long as at least one person did not get hurt. Then, the person with ability sponge uses their powers on the attacker, if the attacker responds, the one AS does not get hurt, so the entire team is unharmed.

3) Ability Detection + Ability Sponge -find someone with a power you want and attack them, if they're not stupid, they will use their power on you, so you will get it, just be sure to run away afterwards.

By the way, I don't think I would like the "Omni trio" because who would want to know EVERYTHING  and see EVERYTHING? There are some things I know I wouldn't like to see, but I won't dwell on them.

Re: Best Power Combinations

alexander121793@gmail.com
Omnipotence, Omniscience, and Omnipresesnce

Re: Best Power Combinations

Myself
As I said, who would want to know EVERYTHING? If you saw EVERYTHING, you would see the things you don't want to, like things you find disgusting (come on, you know there are thing you find off-putting/gross)?

I don't know about you, but having infinite power would be boring, at least with power mimicry its a challenge -you have to collect the powers first.

Re: Best Power Combinations

You wouldn't be able to have a human body and know EVERYTHING. At least not all at the same time.

Re: Best Power Combinations

alexander121793@gmail.com
If you have omnipotence, omniscience, and omnipresence whats stoping you from making it so that your body can take knowing everything all the time.

Re: Best Power Combinations

You just don't give up do you?

Unlimited versions of the O powers are really really strong..

And really stupid and boring. What can they do if they can do everything? What would be the point? There's a reason no main comic book characters have unlimited version of them. If the protagonist can do everything, then how will a story be interesting? They would save the world, arrest every criminal, and turn the universe into some horrible version of what they think is "Right".

Re: Best Power Combinations

THANK YOU!!!

Re: Best Power Combinations

alexander121793@gmail.com
Actualy their are comic book characters like Marvels is called one above all and dcs is called presence they actualy have unlimited versions of the omnipowers but they only advise the heros, the only time they actualy help the heroes is when something very bad and dangerous is about to happen. This is not comic books anyway so I realy don't think it matters.

Re: Best Power Combinations

What can they do if they can do everything? What would be the point? There's a reason no main comic book characters have unlimited version of them. If the protagonist can do everything, then how will a story be interesting? They would save the world, arrest every criminal, and turn the universe into some horrible version of what they think is "Right".
But are they the main focus of the comic? No.

Re: Best Power Combinations

Myself
Its not your body to worry about, its your mind -do you really want to see how your body is digesting your food? You wouldn't have time to prepare your mind for those kinds of things because as soon as you get those powers, you would see some things that would probably make you lose your mind before you can do anything.
Whd

Re: Best Power Combinations

Whd
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Best Power Combinations

Josh
I don't think the fact that it's too powerful for a human body is a valid point. I think the fact that it would negate the need for one, however, is- an omnipresent entity can exist everywhere simultaneously in an incorporeal way, and, as such, exists independently of a body when it does not need to interact with lesser entities. If someone got omnipresence alone, they'd probably maintain a body out of the simple fact that they couldn't do anything except observe without it, but when they have omnipotence to just craft new bodies as they see fit, there is no need to maintain the previous one. But just saying your body can't hold those powers seems kind of like dodging it. It seems more to me that the very soul or essence of a person is what contains the power, and would probably be permanently bonded to it upon reception.

Omnipresence may or may not drive you insane, depending on whether or not you're also given the mental faculties to process all the information you're given. If you aren't, then the experience would probably just be an overwhelming blur of sensation. If you can understand it all, however, then you'd be exposed to some pretty ghastly things and the experience of eternity.

The worst one, really, would be passive omniscience (active omniscience means you have to actively gather what you want to know, but you can know absolutely anything, including everything. Passive omniscience just means you already know absolutely everything). If there is any fact in this world that has the chance of driving you insane, you would know it. The sheer size of the universe, the meaning of life/lack thereof, the implications of being eternal...

Another thing about omniscience. When you experience something, anything, everything about the experience is just information. It forms a memory. Omniscience would allow you to know what any experience you wanted would be like with such detail that you'd essentially be doing it. A 3O being may simply drop dead out of the fact that they can experience anything they want without altering reality to do it. Or, maybe there's some perfect path/cycle that a 3O being would become aware of, and would start exercising immediately, perfectly as the last 3O being had done- essentially, taking all the same actions as a previous 3O being, being in all the same places, knowing all the same knowledge... Maybe becoming 3O just makes you exactly the same as the previous 3O, which, being intangible, makes your existences so similar as to be the same. You merge with the previous one.
It could be why no one ever becomes 3O in a fictional universe- they DO, but they alter the past for a sort of "cover story" and then just simply go along with the same world plan as any other 3O being.

And you don't need an example of an ordinary human gaining the powers and retaining a human form in order to consider it as a possibility.

Re: Best Power Combinations

Josh
Immortality + Invulnerability + a MythPower: Pose as a god (although you'd probably want some sort of telepathic power to let you 'hear prayers').

Re: Best Power Combinations

yes, that combo I like...

Re: Best Power Combinations

Hyperion
Power Mimicry + Power Amplification = Anything you can do, I can do better.
All hail the king of dunces! You best hold on, I'm opening up my mouth.

Re: Best Power Combinations

Myself
Impenetrable Field + Barrier Defiance -You are protected from harm whilst you can still enjoy the "pleasures" of life.

Re: Best Power Combinations

Re: Best Power Combinations

Myself
Super Speed + Normalization Fluid
Easier to inject someone with the fluid.

Re: Best Power Combinations

Myself
Intangibility + Barrier Defiance
Go through ANYTHING.