Anime/Manga/Manhwa/Whatever

Re: Anime/Manga/Manhwa/Whatever

Philote
Administrator
Sword Art Online, is the most recent anime that I've gotten into.
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Anime/Manga/Manhwa/Whatever

Cool. What's it about?

Re: Anime/Manga/Manhwa/Whatever

Philote
Administrator
Sword Art Online is this new virtual reality MMO

The main character is a Beta Tester of the Game

On the opening day of the MMO, everyone who logs in becomes trapped in the game. The log out is removed and if anyone from outside tries to remove the nervegear putting them in the game, it fries their brain. They are all also transformed to look like their real bodies instead of their avatars.

If you die in the game, you die permanently.

The owner of the games promises that if they can reach the 100th floor of the world that they will be set free.

So the story is about how they sort of live in this world for two years trying to complete the game and forming a society.
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Anime/Manga/Manhwa/Whatever

I. Will. Find. Time. To. Read. This.

Re: Anime/Manga/Manhwa/Whatever

Philote
Administrator
You mean Watch?

It was originally based off a book or something I think, instead of a manga. Though a manga is being produced now I think. Either way, the anime is the best way to catch up on this I believe.
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Anime/Manga/Manhwa/Whatever

WATCH. READ. CONSUME!

Re: Anime/Manga/Manhwa/Whatever

Gentleman Vaultboy
I've been reading One Punch Man. It's basically an awesome Superhero/Shonen about a guy who's so strong every fight ends in a single punch. Also, it's art is stellar. I mean, better animated than most anime.

Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: Anime/Manga/Manhwa/Whatever

Gentleman Vaultboy
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure has a character named Robert E.O. Speedwagon!

Why have I never read this before?!
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: Anime/Manga/Manhwa/Whatever

Gentleman Vaultboy
This post was updated on .
What of the villains is named ACDC, the main bad guy is named after Ronnie James Dio, and I'm pretty sure another character is named after Led Zeppelin.

And I don't even know many bands, so there are probably a thousand references I'm not getting.

*Edit* EVERYTHING IS SO FLAMBOYANT!
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: Anime/Manga/Manhwa/Whatever

:D

Yay for trippy manga.

Re: Anime/Manga/Manhwa/Whatever

Gentleman Vaultboy
The local Nazis and their bro-tier cyborg commander just showed up to save the hero from the last of a group of ancient Aztec people adsorbing super vampire, one of whom was the aforementioned ACDC.

Everyone is posing. Everyone poses for everything.

If this was any more pulp I would be finding bits of it in my orange juice!

*EDIT*

Vampire gained ultimate power. Turned his hand into a squirrel. Squirrel killed another, leapt through nazi cyborg and decapitated the nazi behind him.

I think that's enough for tonight.

STANDS ARE THE COOLEST SUPERPOWER EVER!!!!!!
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Anime/Manga/Manhwa/Whatever

Gentleman Vaultboy
I'm sorry, I can see how this could get confusing.

His name is actually spelled Esidisi, but it's easier to type AC/DC. Speedwagon, though, is totally unchanged.

Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: Anime/Manga/Manhwa/Whatever

Philote
Administrator
What is the power you were talking about?
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Anime/Manga/Manhwa/Whatever

Gentleman Vaultboy
Stands. Here, check this out:

A Stand is your life force imprinted upon the world and separate from you. They each have their own power, the only thing that can stop them is another Stand, and they're all named after either bands or songs.

That guy in yellow is also a vampire, and is the guy named after Ronnie James Dio.
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Anime/Manga/Manhwa/Whatever

Gentleman Vaultboy
Jojo is fighting an orangutan.

*EDIT*

Oh Christ, the whole ship is a stand!

The ape is the captain!

He has a hat, a uniform, and a pipe!

Oh man, he solved the hell out of that rubix cube!
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: Anime/Manga/Manhwa/Whatever

Gentleman Vaultboy
This post was updated on .
Dio had a dude waiting for them in the hotel mini-fridge!

His name is Devo.
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: Anime/Manga/Manhwa/Whatever

Gentleman Vaultboy
A hawk is fighting a little dog. The hawk just did that thing where you take blood from a wound a lick it off your finger.

I love this comic.
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?
1234567 ... 15