Anime/Manga/Manhwa/Whatever

Re: Anime/Manga/Manhwa/Whatever

Philote
Administrator
Yeah I see your point. The story has gotten to a point I believe though that Naruto is at least deserving of the power he has now.

At this point I've invested enough time reading it though that I'll probably follow through to the end.
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Anime/Manga/Manhwa/Whatever

I only watch the two for mindless fight scenes.

:D

Re: Anime/Manga/Manhwa/Whatever

Philote
Administrator
Yeah, those are good too. Probably the best parts
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Anime/Manga/Manhwa/Whatever

Tsubasa & Wen Tien
Administrator
BANKAI!!! Zanka no Tachi!

Yup, I've been reading Bleach on a consistent basis, but I dropped Naruto a long time ago. Bleach I can read because 1) It's set in modern time and has a reasonable storyline meaning it doesn't need to be historically accurate, and 2) Inoue Orihime has a really cool power.

That brings to mind the question of who would win in a fight? Captain General Yamamoto or Orihime? Considering both of their powers and intelligence, I say that most likely it would be the Captain-General though Orihime could have a chance if she can reject the defense of Zanka no Tachi when attacking...
http://loc.wikia.com/wiki/Mina

In NB:
Crescent's best technique: Moonless Night
Suzu's favorite technique: Shining Blade

Re: Anime/Manga/Manhwa/Whatever

Philote
Administrator
Orihime would actually have to learn to use her power correctly to even consider fighting Yamamoto

She doesn't exactly have much battle knowledge.
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Anime/Manga/Manhwa/Whatever

Tsubasa & Wen Tien
Administrator
At least she's making forward progress though. She has:

Koten Zanshun: Single attack
Sotenkishun: Healing Field
Santenkesshun: Protective Barrier
Shitenkesshun: Protective Barrier that explodes when hit

Makes me wonder what the '5 God' and '6 God' techniques will be like...
http://loc.wikia.com/wiki/Mina

In NB:
Crescent's best technique: Moonless Night
Suzu's favorite technique: Shining Blade

Re: Anime/Manga/Manhwa/Whatever

Gentleman Vaultboy
I'm sorry, has Orihime actually started being useful recently? As in, not sanding on the sidelines watching and spouting "Ichigo, Ichigo" every other frame?

It pisses me off. Why explicitly give her the strongest power and then only have her use it for healing? You put that gun on the wall Kubo, fire it!
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: Anime/Manga/Manhwa/Whatever

Tsubasa & Wen Tien
Administrator
Right now, Orihime, Chad, and Urahara were attacked as well as the Seireitei, meanwhile Ichigo is stuck in an 'indestructible cage' and can only listen and yell as Byakuya dies, Rukia and Renji are beaten up, and the Captain-General goes Bankai. Oh, and Ju Bach beat Kenpachi in what appears to have been one blow. It's all bad for the Seireitei.
http://loc.wikia.com/wiki/Mina

In NB:
Crescent's best technique: Moonless Night
Suzu's favorite technique: Shining Blade

Re: Anime/Manga/Manhwa/Whatever

We just need to swap her mind with Kenpachi's.

THEN WATCH THE WORLD EXPLODE.

Re: Anime/Manga/Manhwa/Whatever

Philote
@Dryad: Well, Zanka no Tachi South was definitely not what I expected, and Juhabach still does not seem to be fairing well.

Why do the new Quincy seem to not be using arrows as much?

Have you noticed the similiarities between Ichigo's and Yamamoto's Bankai?
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Anime/Manga/Manhwa/Whatever

Wha?

What could possibly make the old dude use his Bankai?

He nearly squashes everything with just the shikai.

Did the world explode?

Re: Anime/Manga/Manhwa/Whatever

Philote
Administrator
Should I be avoiding giving spoilers for bleach?

If you don't mind...

Re: Anime/Manga/Manhwa/Whatever

Philote
Administrator
You keep up with Bleach too Wulf?
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Anime/Manga/Manhwa/Whatever

I don't care!

I barely ever watch it.

Re: Anime/Manga/Manhwa/Whatever

 No, but I want to...

Re: Anime/Manga/Manhwa/Whatever

Gentleman Vaultboy
Who reads Toriko? Because I do, and it's awesome! Imagine that webcomic, Manly Guys Doing Manly Things, except it's all about going out into the woods, killing the biggest, meanest looking monstrous animal, then eating it! And it's delicious. In fact, everything is delicious. The author has a way of describing and drawing food that makes you starve as you're reading. I'd compare it to Redwall, but in that food wasn't the entire point.

It harkens back to an earlier time, when Manga was all about adventures, Brutal Fights, and vague homo-eroticism. I'm only half joking about that last one, as the main characters sidekick starts gathering what can only be described as a Beef Harem of dudes who want to partner up with him because of his cooking skills. And the fights! Some of the most gruesome things I have ever seen in Shonen Jump. At one point, a dude get his entire torso sheared off. But the author knows it would look silly if we saw it, so you only see the effects in his shadow.

One chapter is entirely devoted to a single punch. The Main character punches a monster, and the entire rest of the chapter is spent watching it fly around from the force of it until the creature literally explodes.

So, Toriko: Food porn, Manservice, Brutal fights. Pretty funny too, in a gross out kind of way. Pretty cool world to, now that I think about it.

Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: Anime/Manga/Manhwa/Whatever

Here's the plot in a nut-shell.

Ichigo fights someone -- > Looses ---> Trains Hard ---> Other people fight irrelevant people for awhile ---> Ichigo appears ---> Fight again ---> Wins ---> Return to beginning.

Re: Anime/Manga/Manhwa/Whatever

 Sounds fun...

Re: Anime/Manga/Manhwa/Whatever

Any updates as far as Anime?