Anime/Manga/Manhwa/Whatever

Re: Anime/Manga/Manhwa/Whatever

Not in a good way, I presume...

Re: Anime/Manga/Manhwa/Whatever

Tsubasa & Wen Tien
Yup, we're watching Gundam Build Fighters, Samurai Flamenco, Golden Time, Hanasaku no Iroha, Danganronpa and Space Dandy right now. It's hilarious, and they plan to watch just as many interesting ones next semester as well.
http://loc.wikia.com/wiki/Mina

In NB:
Crescent's best technique: Moonless Night
Suzu's favorite technique: Shining Blade

Re: Anime/Manga/Manhwa/Whatever

Mik_Hael
Power Ranger's Meets Avengers as told through Japan. I like it.

Re: Anime/Manga/Manhwa/Whatever

Tsubasa & Wen Tien
Administrator
Ever watch the anime version of X-Men or read the manga version? They are completely non-canon to the American versions.

I F#$*%ng love Space Dandy more than I should. It's like a transcendental abstract analyzation of the human condition and life in general written down from the fever dream of a psychoanalyst anime enthusiast on acid.

Re: Anime/Manga/Manhwa/Whatever

Tsubasa & Wen Tien
Administrator
You do realize that the script for every single episode is written by a different person?
http://loc.wikia.com/wiki/Mina

In NB:
Crescent's best technique: Moonless Night
Suzu's favorite technique: Shining Blade

Re: Anime/Manga/Manhwa/Whatever

Mik_Hael
Now that I am aware it exists I am going to find it. Did you see the Anime Iron Man series?

Re: Anime/Manga/Manhwa/Whatever

 Watching them? There's a club just for watching them?

Gosh, in the midst of all of my irons in the fire, I wish I had time for it... That sounds like great fun. Like if there was some comic book club at my high school.

*sigh* Though, I know that could never happen at Jones, sadly. Too many Black folks who came up in a bad neighborhood. Bring valuable comics to school at your own peril...

Re: Anime/Manga/Manhwa/Whatever

Tsubasa & Wen Tien
Not yet, it's on my list once I finish watching Nanoha, Sailor Moon and Precure again.

Written and animated.

Re: Anime/Manga/Manhwa/Whatever

Tsubasa & Wen Tien
Yup, the club exists to help people learn about obscure anime series, though occasionally they do show well-known ones from what I've seen.

That's what gives it that disjointed feel, that I love apparently.

Re: Anime/Manga/Manhwa/Whatever

Tsubasa & Wen Tien
Administrator
That makes it easy to pick up without having watched any beforehand. You can enter at the middle and have no previous knowledge of what happened in the previous episodes.
http://loc.wikia.com/wiki/Mina

In NB:
Crescent's best technique: Moonless Night
Suzu's favorite technique: Shining Blade

Re: Anime/Manga/Manhwa/Whatever

Mik_Hael
Administrator
Well, actually there is a very loosely woven together story line in the form of an explanation for why the series is so disjointed.

Re: Anime/Manga/Manhwa/Whatever

No, I just....I don't....I'm so goddamn confused by this. I have no idea how to feel about it.

Re: Anime/Manga/Manhwa/Whatever

Dude, fucking Space Dandy is the shit. Its so damn good.

Re: Anime/Manga/Manhwa/Whatever

Mik_Hael
Administrator
No, it's not good.

It's dandy

Re: Anime/Manga/Manhwa/Whatever

Just the intro alone is genius....

"Space Dandy. He's a Dandy Guy...in Space."

Re: Anime/Manga/Manhwa/Whatever

 It's the Avengers. And anime. What's not to love?

Re: Anime/Manga/Manhwa/Whatever

Its just so...Odd. That particular combination. Its just...so...I don't know.