A new story idea

Myself
Administrator
I am planning on writing a superhero novel, of a name I have not yet decided.

A group of 5 teens gain superpowers and decide to use them to save lives, as well as general tomfoolery.

The teens eventually gain additional powers as their power levels advance. Some have minor side effects showing up, but these are beneficial.

Person #1:
-Gender: Male
-Power: Omnipotent Power Mimicry
-Evolved power: Teleportation

Person #2:
-Gender: Male
-Power: Telekinesis
-Evolved power: Flight
-Side effect: Reflexively produces a defensive field when feeling threatened.

Person #3:
-Gender: Male
-Power: Telepathy
-Evolved power: Controlled perfect memory

Person #4:
-Gender: Male
-Power: Shapeshifting
-Evolved power: Superhuman strength (with slightly enhanced durability to compensate).
-Side effect: Accelerated regeneration; his subconscious mind slowly shifts to a healthy form, healing injuries as severe as broken bones in hours. As a sport lover, he enjoys this side effect.

Person #5:
-Gender: Female
-Power: Healing
-Evolved power: Extreme self-regeneration.
-Side effect: As her body is being healed by her mind-influenced powers, her body is beginning to reshape itself toward her ideal (which she never achieved, due to lack of determination). Understandably, she loves this; she has eliminated her own acne and is now her ideal figure despite dietary changes.
-Clever power uses: She has incapacitated foes by creating cancer in the part of their brain which controls powers, shutting them down (as cancer is simply unregulated cell growth).

I am trying to think of names right now.
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Re: A new story idea

Gentleman Vaultboy
Plot summery?

Antagonist?
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: A new story idea

Myself
Administrator
I haven't finished that bit yet; haven't quite settled on the exact plot, only vague outlines. Antagonists are a while away; it's just the way I write.

At this stage, I'm more asking for character names. However, I may implement ideas of others and maybe even put them as guest stars.
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]
Whd

Re: A new story idea

Whd
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: A new story idea

The powers are less important than their personalities.

They feel so empty. Who are they?

Re: A new story idea

Myself
Administrator
I am bad at describing personalities.

I am considering adding a sixth person, this one female.
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Re: A new story idea

Myself
WHD wrote
I don't see the connection between some powers and evolved powers.
For example, #1 and # don't make sense, while #4 and #5 do (I can see that #4 could possibly have a stronger and durable body thanks to shapeshifting).
And why is #2 theorizing about the powers? Would make more sense if #3 did it (maybe make this one a girl, so you have two different perspectives/theories).
Their personalities and even power distributions have basis in people I know in real life; this is me turning it into a story.

As for power connections:
#1: The power "seized" at one point, making the current absorbed power permanent. He retained his original ability.
#2: Flight became a subconscious attribute, independent of telekinesis.
#3: Not fully confirmed yet, but this is because of a psionic "field" around the person. This stores information and can be accessed.
#4: As they shapeshifted, they gradually became stronger due to improvements of the base system.
#5: Her power began affecting her subconsciously.

Important to note that #1 is not really the leader, but the one who encouraged them to use them. #2 is really the leader at this point.

Personalities:
#1: Adaptive, creative and social.
#2: A thinker, leader and manipulator. Outside of these, avoids much contact.
#3: Empathic, protector and social.
#4: Sport lover, focused on relationships and social
#5: Caring and social.

That is the best I could describe their personalities.

I am planning on either removing #5 or adding another female as a sixth member. Any power ideas? I'll be able to work on a personality.
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]
Whd

Re: A new story idea

Whd
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: A new story idea

Myself
Administrator
Here are some I've been considering:
-Pyrokinesis (I have a friend who suit this)
-Replication
-Teleportation (thus replacing the evolved power of the first).
-Invisibility

Keep in mind this character is female.

I have considered your suggestions, they may be useful. More likely Electrokinesis than Psychometry though.

I'll post ideas in the team ideas thread.

Thank you all for your assistance and advice, for I am a tad bit of a story writing noob.

I think they will face a variety of superhumans and their teams, but I have finally thought of an antagonist. His power is to grant telepathic immunity, which he trades for the services of other superhumans.

Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Re: A new story idea

It's important to get each character to differ. :D

Powers are less important than who they are.

But first and foremost, a plot is required.

Re: A new story idea

Myself
Administrator
The plot is being finished. I'm not posting it until it is sorted out to a suitable degree.
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]
Whd

Re: A new story idea

Whd
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: A new story idea

Myself
Administrator
WHD wrote
They have the first power and gradually they acquire the evolved power, right?
Yes.

WHD wrote
Then if you have Electrokinesis as base power, the most logical thing is pyrokinesis as evolved power.
Well, my logic is more of an electrical discharge or stopping the electrical activity.

WHD wrote
Don't do Teleportation, two persons with the same power is not fun/wise.
Don't worry; if it is in the team, the first person would have a different evolved power.

WHD wrote
With Replication, do you mean Cloning or External Duplication? I take it you mean Cloning.
That could work too, possibly with each clone a different aspect of her psyche?
I did mean cloning and your idea interests me.

WHD wrote
No offense, but how is someone with Telepathic Immunity Granting an antagonist?
He is bound to have the immunity himself so the team can't discover his plans, but still, they can take him out fairly easy.
Cos why would other people want telepathic immunity in return for obedience?
Could you elaborate on this?
Other are fearful of telepathic abilities, including at least one power which blocks powers through mental interference. He has this immunity and by giving it to others, he can bargain for their services. He also uses other accrued assets. I am trying to make it different by having a comparatively weak antagonist.

It is also possible that he is an extremely powerful telepath and this is simply his evolved power.

WHD wrote
Maybe Conditional Ability Bestowing is a better ability, with the side effects that it only lasts a week.
When he uses it on the same person again after the week, it's Friendly Power Gifting - they can decide if they want the power in exchange for their services, like on No Ordinary Family with the serum.
That too is interesting and could lead to some interesting plots. The mind control aspect could be an evolved power.

WHD wrote
Just some constructive feedback
I know. I appreciate it.
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Re: A new story idea

Myself
Administrator
Thank you whoever pinned this thread. you have now motivated me to finish it.
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]
Whd

Re: A new story idea

Whd
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: A new story idea

Myself
Administrator
I am getting an idea of the way this plot shall go. The sixth person just needs to be woven in better; the ideas I have put them in an awkward position in relation to the rest of the team.
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Re: A new story idea

Myself
Administrator
I think I have settled on another person and changed the others a bit.

Person #1:
-Gender: Male
-Power: Omnipotent Power Mimicry*
-Evolution: Teleportation
-Side effect/s: Undetermined.

Person #2:
-Gender: Male
-Power: Telekinesis
-Evolution: Flight
-Side effects/s: Becomes nigh invulnerable when angry or scared due to a telekinetic force field.

Person #3:
-Gender: Male
-Power: Telepathy
-Evolution: Astral Projection/mind-spirit separation
-Side effect/s: Perfect memory

Person #4:
-Gender: Male
-Power: Shapeshifting
-Evolution: Superhuman strength
-Side effect/s: Accelerated regeneration, eternal youth,

Person #5:
-Gender: Female
-Power: Biokinesis
-Evolution: Healing
-Side effect/s: Regeneration, ideal body creation, eternal youth,

Person #6:
-Gender: Female
-Power: Superhuman Speed
-Evolution: Regeneration (surfaced almost immediately).
-Side effect/s: Accelerated metabolism, telepathic resistance, eternal youth, possible heat resistance

What do you think of the changes? I may have the core part down and if the lineup remains like this, I have a fairly good idea for the plot, involving person #6.
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]
Whd

Re: A new story idea

Whd
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: A new story idea

Myself
Administrator
The mind processes information faster than normal.

Since person #1 is based loosely off myself (no pun intended), I have decided to make him Asperger's, giving him a very slight form of telepathic resistance, but not as much as person #3 or #6.
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Re: A new story idea

Myself
Administrator
Consider the team confirmed.

I am trying to make them fully dependent on each other; each are far less useful alone and remove one member and the whole team suffers. I am having trouble doing so with the shapeshifter.
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]
123