What the flying ####: AKA: New Beginning a Retrospective by Gentlman Vaultboy.

Re: What the flying ####: AKA: New Beginning a Retrospective by Gentlman Vaultboy.

Myself
Administrator
ZALE? VOICE OF REASON? We're in trouble now.
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Re: What the flying ####: AKA: New Beginning a Retrospective by Gentlman Vaultboy.

Myself
This is golden, mostly because while in those early days, I just read random bits of fiction and implemented the basic idea; the space empire was from Stargate Atlantis and the caste system (which I have since forgotten about) was from Wild Cards I believe.

I'm not actually a misogynist; it was my love of genetics. Also, it seems that was a half-developed idea for a new sci-fi story's species. I forgot to separate it from humans and instead added it to NB.

In any case, it is also possible that it was effectively retconned off-scene, since if it were important (like my empire or my lodge in Wulf's attic -which was no power grab, but effectively a guest house) it would have remained. In fact, I think that the event happened prior to the universal reset. I'm just explaining it as a time-pulled Myself (explained in a more recent NB) being driven mad by exposure to other selves, like the present Myself did. In fact, I might make that canon.
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Re: What the flying ####: AKA: New Beginning a Retrospective by Gentlman Vaultboy.

Myself
Administrator
Problem retconned. I'm meant to be a benovalent dictator in NB, so I am making the me of that time be absolutely nuts and near-powerless, with those posts meant to be his perception of reality, therefore explaining the sudden disappearance of it all. In the meantime, the position was filled by another version of me from another time who took over. I have also added a new character; I now have a female assistant in NB.
[...]

 Actually, if you don't mind, Myself, I had something of a more convoluted retcon in mind.

When I said that Zale was our sort of background retcon artist, I didn't intend to imply that he was able to retcon everything. Nor should you, my feline friend.

If you care to indulge me on my conquest toward this rather swanky secret project I have in mind, perhaps make it clear that only SOME of the stuff you've done is deluded fantasy. I promise, I'll make it very much worth your while if we still have some substantial chaos and discord running rampant on Earth, and elsewhere throughout the Cosmos.

Re: What the flying ####: AKA: New Beginning a Retrospective by Gentlman Vaultboy.

Mik_Hael
Administrator
I say that after this latest new beginning you just end it all as revealing that everything was just a beaver's dream.

Re: What the flying ####: AKA: New Beginning a Retrospective by Gentlman Vaultboy.

That's an awful idea...I'm sorry, but geez...

Re: What the flying ####: AKA: New Beginning a Retrospective by Gentlman Vaultboy.

WonderDrow
Beavers only have wet dreams.

If anything, it would have been a mockingbird.
True colours always shine brighter within darkness. ~ WonderDrow ~

Re: What the flying ####: AKA: New Beginning a Retrospective by Gentlman Vaultboy.

What?

Re: What the flying ####: AKA: New Beginning a Retrospective by Gentlman Vaultboy.

Gentleman Vaultboy
Because they wake up with wood.
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: What the flying ####: AKA: New Beginning a Retrospective by Gentlman Vaultboy.

 A bunch of comedians, you guys...

Re: What the flying ####: AKA: New Beginning a Retrospective by Gentlman Vaultboy.

That strikes me as being a rather weak attempt at it, to be honest. It came sort of out of nowhere, there's no build-up too it, and no real effort is place towards it.

You have to keep in mind in-character and out-of-character ideas about these things. An in-character decision to change past events would be interesting, as we are actually capable of that. And your past self would almost certainly resist the efforts to change who they/you are.

An out-of-character decision to nullify the past is just kind of boring.

Re: What the flying ####: AKA: New Beginning a Retrospective by Gentlman Vaultboy.

My thoughts precisely, Zale. And that's precisely why my machinations--my irons in the fire, as it were--will take a much longer in-character approach to undo some of our past, uh, indecencies. My plans, if all goes well, will be set into motion as soon as you guys finish this current adventure, and will last all the way through our landmark NB 25.

This way, we'll get a new villain, a chance to revisit some old faces, a plot we can't all just insta-solve AND a lovely, logical and long-needed retcon plot-fix for our dear RP.

Administrator
I was referencing a seen from a comedy tv show in which several of the main characters were debating the very essence of what is and what's not reality, granted it's a stupid comedy, but a comedy nonetheless, although I think they said dog, not sure, beavers were on my mind at the moment then so I used that animal instead..

 Granted, we're all more than just a little kooky within the realm of NB, but that doesn't mean the story doesn't still deserve logical progression to some degree. As with Doctor Who and Homestuck, there must be a method to our madness.

Re: What the flying ####: AKA: New Beginning a Retrospective by Gentlman Vaultboy.

Myself
Administrator
Perhaps differing amounts of method and madness for each of us. I am beginning to think that my NB self is insane and I am considering writing a side story from the point of view of a new recruit.

Well, if you don't mind, consider that after seeing what villain I have to throw at you next. My little mini-mini-arc is working toward it now.

Re: What the flying ####: AKA: New Beginning a Retrospective by Gentlman Vaultboy.

Myself
Administrator
Ok. I am still working on various details anyway. It'll start after that arc so that it does not interfere with it.

It'd be nice if we could work to make a coherent NB expanded universe.
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Re: What the flying ####: AKA: New Beginning a Retrospective by Gentlman Vaultboy.

If all goes according to plan, we can expect just that.