What the flying ####: AKA: New Beginning a Retrospective by Gentlman Vaultboy.

Re: What the flying ####: AKA: New Beginning a Retrospective by Gentlman Vaultboy.

Mik_Hael
Administrator
of course since then we've made some real strides in starchigenetics.

well for the most part.

but if we hadn't made mistakes we wouldn't have Dr. Leavawitz over here.

so in the long run we're making net gains.

Re: What the flying ####: AKA: New Beginning a Retrospective by Gentlman Vaultboy.

Gentleman Vaultboy
Yeah, I'm not going to do this anymore. I read over a post I'd written and realized that it was really mean spirited, like far more than anything previously. I'm still reading, I'm up to part 9, but I'm not posting my reactions because a lot of them are really venomous.
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: What the flying ####: AKA: New Beginning a Retrospective by Gentlman Vaultboy.

 Well, that's big of you.

No worries, though, something will be done, soon, about all that madness. They don't call us reality benders for nothing.

Re: What the flying ####: AKA: New Beginning a Retrospective by Gentlman Vaultboy.

Gentleman Vaultboy
This post was updated on .
Oh no, I liked the madness. The madness was fun to get all fake indignant about. I just don't think there's any point in bringing up my objections with player conduct and poor plotting from a years old thread and there are long stretches where I have virtually nothing but that to react to.
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: What the flying ####: AKA: New Beginning a Retrospective by Gentlman Vaultboy.

Well, it was a nice thought.

Do you think you could help us out, on the New Beginning Wiki? It would be more objective, but you could still add your own personal flavor to it.

Re: What the flying ####: AKA: New Beginning a Retrospective by Gentlman Vaultboy.

Mik_Hael
Administrator
Guess that's another reason I don't run RP's anymore, first time I tried to run something in NB and apparently it's caused Vault to quit.

Re: What the flying ####: AKA: New Beginning a Retrospective by Gentlman Vaultboy.

I think that's unfair. We've been wary of your intentions in the past, but I sincerely doubt that GV quit because it was specifically you who brought this up. The concept itself was just not one he felt he could stick with.

But I thought he showed interest in some of the actual RPs you proposed.

If not, I know he would love Warriors of Myth.

Re: What the flying ####: AKA: New Beginning a Retrospective by Gentlman Vaultboy.

Mik_Hael
Administrator
In all honesty at this point I just wanted to know if he thought monkey island was worth it if it loosened Myself's deathgrip on the northern hemisphere.

Re: What the flying ####: AKA: New Beginning a Retrospective by Gentlman Vaultboy.

Philote
That is unfortunate. Maybe you would like to do a highlight reel of some of the better moments of NB? Or just a summary of some of the bigger arcs? I understand that you might not want to cover the many areas with arguing.
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: What the flying ####: AKA: New Beginning a Retrospective by Gentlman Vaultboy.

Mik_Hael
Administrator
...wonder if there are any others that could use this treatment.

Re: What the flying ####: AKA: New Beginning a Retrospective by Gentlman Vaultboy.

Plenty others, probably. We're not exactly aces at coherent plot lines and character development.

Re: What the flying ####: AKA: New Beginning a Retrospective by Gentlman Vaultboy.

Mik_Hael
Administrator
only when working together on something.

got a recommendation?

Re: What the flying ####: AKA: New Beginning a Retrospective by Gentlman Vaultboy.

Well, any project of ours that we've actually completed.

Speaking of finishing things, mind if I ask what's been keeping you away from the Forum, of late?

Re: What the flying ####: AKA: New Beginning a Retrospective by Gentlman Vaultboy.

Mik_Hael
Administrator
disinterest.

I suppose we could finish up the rest of NB or move onto another one. I say we open this up to whoever wants to.

Re: What the flying ####: AKA: New Beginning a Retrospective by Gentlman Vaultboy.

Open what up?

I mean, there's NO RPs currently running that you're interested in joining/rejoining?

Re: What the flying ####: AKA: New Beginning a Retrospective by Gentlman Vaultboy.

Mik_Hael
Administrator
Vault's are always interesting and I think I've gotten a character premade for the funitorium or whatever it was called but no, just not interested at the moment.

I was thinking a contest of sorts, whoever wants to write up a recap of an adventure can write it however they want and one of us can illustrate it.

Re: What the flying ####: AKA: New Beginning a Retrospective by Gentlman Vaultboy.

That sounds like a good idea.

Re: What the flying ####: AKA: New Beginning a Retrospective by Gentlman Vaultboy.

As much as I am intrigued by that, Jester, I can try to recruit the participation of the others, but I doubt I could devote the effort to it that I'd like to, so I don't want to commit and let you down.

Re: What the flying ####: AKA: New Beginning a Retrospective by Gentlman Vaultboy.

Mik_Hael
Administrator
It is impossible to let me down. That would require a general faith in humanity. Do what you can I expect nothing more than that from anyone.

Re: What the flying ####: AKA: New Beginning a Retrospective by Gentlman Vaultboy.

Well, I have some things going on in New Beginning, but I get the feeling you're done with that RP. Otherwise, there's plenty that the others are probably raring and ready to get going. Or, perhaps, some they're ready to get RE-started. Either way, you're more than welcome to ask for an update and jump in wherever you feel comfortable.