Teamwork!

Myself
Administrator
If you had a team of 6, what powers would they have?

For instance:
1) Resurrection Man -Notonly will the person not stay dead, but they would always have a different power.
2) Consciousness Transfer -Take control of someone else.
3) Reincarnation 5: Soul Link -If one person is alive, everyone is.
4) Ability Sponge -If struck by an ability, it is acquired. In addition, it allows the team to have 5 extra people invulnerable.
5) Safety Net -If almost dead, teleport away.
6) Ability Imbuing -Every team needs cool weapons and vehicles.

Another example:
1) Pack Invulnerability -Make the whole team safe.
2) Ability Imbuing -All teams need cool weapons/vehicles. Also, it helps against power negators.
3) Resurrection Man -All team members do not age, come back to life and get a new power each time. This doubles the size of the team's power collection.
4) Power Sharing -Share the powers of the team, making the above possible.
5) Consciousness Transfer -Enter the body of a superhuman, adding another power to the collection. In combo with Power Sharing, they keep the powers of their past bodies.
6) Ability Sponge -Hit one team member with an ability, the whole team has it.
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Re: Teamwork!

Well, the way I see it you always need:

A mastermind/dominator- Consciousness Transfer or Possession or powerful Telepathy

A tank- Superhuman Strength or Juggernaught (someone to barrel through the competition)

A thinker (may also be your dominator, but not necessarily) preferably a psychic, with a power like Digital Mind (could also be Superhuman Intelligence or Precognition)

A brawler (good for scrapping without necessarily pummeling folks)- Maybe Energy-Enhanced Strike, even though that's not part of the superpowerlist...or Spacetime Indemnity (a good combination of Teleportation and Replication/Bilocation)

And of course, a wild-card- Quantum Leap (different power every day, or whatever other time span; perfect wild-card character, to easily substitute for any of the above, in case they go missing, outta commission, etc.)

Re: Teamwork!

(1) Bruiser. The dude/dudette that beats the crap out of everything. Usually has super-strength/durability or a fighting enhancement power.

(2) Brainiac. The guy with the brains. Figures out most of the problems. Has super-intelligence, technopathy, or super-ingenuity.

(3) Bright Eyes. The intuitive person. Almost always has a detector power and/or magic.

(4) Blaster.  Hot-headed. Has an energy power/laser beams/concussive force blasts.

(5) Bold Charger. Always rushes into things. Has some kind of physical assault power. I.E. Super-speed, extreme inertia, super-density.

(6) Bird. Person with a movement power, such as Flight, Teleportation, or Low G movement.

The fact that they all start with B is just something I did to wake up my brain.

Re: Teamwork!

yeah...sounds pretty spot-on. Or at least close...

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Re: Teamwork!

probably the wild-card character...

Re: Teamwork!

Myself
Administrator
I was thinking other than the wild card, because if they all have, say, Omnipotent Power Mimicry, whenever one of them selects a power, the whole team gets it.
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Re: Teamwork!

Josh
Cross-posting from "Pan-dimensional Teamwork," since I basically just stated my ideal power distribution there.

1. Time and/or dimensional travel powers - either one allows us to go and explore huge and interesting places, though I'd prefer the latter, since I have a thing for parallel universes
2. Something like the "Artifact: Tengu No Kakuremino" power (you know, a portable dimensional base that is basically impenetrable, safe, and comfortable that can be accessed wherever we need it)
3. Healing powers
4. Some sort of divination, knowledge, or intelligence-enhancing power or powers
5. A protective or stealth power that would cover the whole group
6. Some heavy offensive powers (I'm somewhat against this), or some sort of weapon-summoning powers (I'm somewhat for this, since it would allow them to quickly equip every member of the group and make sure there was more than one person useful in a fight). Although, if you're traveling through the multiverse, you probably would pick up some neat weapons and equipment anyway, so I'm not sure if everyone else would still be totally useless. Or maybe ability-imbuing, since as long as we have pre-existing equipment, we could make it better. I don't know, this one is sort of a gray area, but 'something useful in a fight, particularly if it can help everyone else be useful in a fight"

My focus isn't really on superhero-ing or getting into fights, I'm more interested in using #4's knowledge to find something interesting we could quest for, and then setting out to explore/adventure.

Re: Teamwork!

Josh
Sorry for double posting, but I can't edit my old posts after timing out when I'm posting as a guest. I figured out the specific setup I think I'd like (I'm assuming one power/person, so the multiple powers in each section are in order from one I'd most want them to have to the one I'd least want them to have of that category):

1. Warp Speed (ONLY if it can take a minimum of five other people, otherwise, not on here at all), Dimension Manipulation, Time Manipulation, Dimensionport, Sliders, Time Travel
2. Immortality Manipulation, Golden Apples, Biokinesis, Healing Touch
3. Personal Realm (if the marker can be portable), Artifact: Tengu No Kakuremino
4. Brainiac
5. Godlike Craftmanship, Ability Imbuing
6. Really, almost anything, as long as it's well-rounded for combat, or general use. A few ideas (in no particular order): Psionic Energy Armor, Paper Manipulation, Super Gambler, Spheres of Influence..., Space Manipulation, Pick-a-Power, Shadow Reality, The Paths of Magic (Magician, Warlock, or Wizard), Super Gambler, Magician's Power (particularly if it comes with Sight and Touch, too), Awakened Mage, The Illusionist, or anything that gives them a large group of psychic powers.
Or, maybe, give six a power-granting power (or one of the reality-warping ones here that can be used as a substitute) and be the origin of the team.

Note that I made six a full-on general use guy, and changed five to an equipment guy.

Re: Teamwork!

 interesting...

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Re: Teamwork!

Myself
Administrator
I would have someone with Resurrection Man on my team, so if one teammate is killed, they merely grant a new power to the team and stop that person ageing. If I had Negated Superman as well, the loss of that old ability simply charges up Negated Superman. This may be my lineup:
1) A leader: Consciousness Transfer.
2) A tank: Negated Superman
3) Team player #1: Power Sharing
4) Team player #2: Pack Invulnerability.
5) An equipment manager: Ability Imbuing.
6) A wild card/resilient player: Resurrection Man.

Ironically, I possess all of these.
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Re: Teamwork!

Myself
Administrator
In this one I will list several good powers.
1) Leader:
-Telepathy*: Control enemies, read minds to prepare for a battle, among other things.
-Consciousness Transfer*: Enter enemy bases, kill the unconscious silently and even as time goes by, this member can continually transfer to keep themselves alive.
-Elaborate Planning*: A leader must make good plans, don't they?
-The Chessmaster: A leader would benefit from being able to control large networks of information, make complex plans of manipulation and link to security cameras and phones.
-Power of Imagination*: Provided the leader has imagination, this ability makes the team nearly invincible, as the leader can change the situations to his needs and bring back dead teammates for a second round.
2) Equipment Manager:
-Ability Imbuing*: Can make a weapon or tool for any situation, as well as being a good candidate for hiding in a safe area to protect the team.
-Godlike Craftsmanship: See above.
3) A supporter:
-Super Enhanced Pack*: Can make the team harder to hurt. If someone remains in the base, they are nearly invincible. In addition, pack members are physically improved, giving each enhanced strength.
-Power Sharing*: Share powers, but this may be a weak point in certain situations if they do not master their own power.
4) A Wild Card:
-Resurrection Man*: Keep on coming back, each time with a different power. This member can also continue the team's original ideals even if all the other die of old age.
-The Superpower List*: This is extremely powerful, suitable for a superhero team in need of a little more power.
-Omnipotent Power Mimicry*: Each day, this person can select a different power the team needs.
-Pick a Power: One power at a time, but can switch immediately and will have access to any power in existence.
-Personalized Spellbook*: Each day, the wild cards gets a new, more powerful trick up their sleeve.
5) A wall:
-Forcefield generation of some sort: Protect themselves and others.
-Ability Sponge*: Not only do they become immune to power they are hit with, but they also gain them, able to fight back with them. In addition, they gain Power Sharing or Pack Invulnerability when used on them, so if the original holder dies, they can replace them. Any offensive abilities can be "invested" in this way.
6) A tank:
-Telekinesis*: Throw enemies away and protect teammates.
-Personalized Spellbook*: The tank (and thus the team) now grows stronger every day.
-The Superpower List*: This is an incredibly powerful ability, so the tank would not have much resistance.
-Power of Imagination*: The tank is nearly unstoppable now.

I could keep going, but I'm just giving a selection.
[...]

The smileys denote the end of each character description

Re: Teamwork!

Myself
Administrator
You only have 5 people, when you can have six.

Oh, hehe, whoopsies. I'll add another later...

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Re: Teamwork!

Myself
Administrator
Leader: The Chessmaster; enables him to find out information for the team and operate from the safety of his base.
Support: Ability Imbuing; offers advanced vehicles, weapons, tools and bases to the team.
Combat support: Vehicle Transformation; if a foe is getting away, they can turn it into a useless vehicle. They can also use their power to provide any vehicle the team needs.
Defense: Pack Invulnerability; since at least two members will always be in hiding at the base, the team is well protected.
Collector: Power Theft; each victory gives him a new power/s. This means the team becomes progressively harder to defeat.
Architect: Dimension Manipulation; can create other worlds (not to the same standard of Personal Realm, but it is a good substitute), can improve the base and make awesome armor for the holder of this power (thus making the Pack Invulnerability all the more effective) and if shunted into a new universe/realm/etc, the private dimension shields them from the effects and allows them to help their teammates.