Supers, Capes, Mutants, and Masterminds: Lets Make Superheroes

Supers, Capes, Mutants, and Masterminds: Lets Make Superheroes

Gentleman Vaultboy
Isn't it strange? Site for making up superpowers and no thread like this, where you make up people who use them.

Any super, came up with through any method. Pretended to be one when you were a kid? Throw it in here. Make a character in a superhero MMO once? Show us. Hit random on the site and came up with a hero for the first power you got? Fantastic!

Give them a name, a back story, a description of what they do. Are they a gritty nineties anti hero trying to get by in a world gone mad? A spandex wearing pinnacle of truth and justice from the Golden age? A super powered adventurer ripped right from the pages of old pulp fiction? A ridiculously overblown super villain? Post it.

Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: Supers, Capes, Mutants, and Masterminds: Lets Make Superheroes

 Dang it.

I want to do my characters' backstories and whatnot here, but I'm worried about potential for folks to stumble on this site and steal my stuff.

The legal hassle, if they were to profit off my work...UGH!

*sigh* I think I may just have to go on faith. If all goes well, this site is far too obscure for anybody to give a crap about the postings of one obscure writer, about fictional characters that don't exist.

Okay, okay, fine.

Celadon's Penultimate wrote
Oh, well if that's the case, I suppose I should unleash, er, I mean REVEAL my little arsenal of superfreaks as well. I'll go in order of the series to which they belong.

Fighter X (first super team I started with my friend/cousin Chris in elementary- BTW, shut up, I was a kid, the names may be a bit goofy):

Mimica- Shapeshifting (including people, plants, animals, aliens and objects)
Jade- Warrior Spirit Mimicry (could channel Attila the Hun, Hippolyta the Amazon Queen, Perseus, Achilles, etc., etc.)
Zaarx- Superstrength, Reactive Adaptation
Thundro- Electrokinesis, Electrical Absorption, Electrical Form
Thundra- Electrokinesis, Electrical Conduction, Electrical Form
Aquaria- Hydrokinesis, Aqueous Form
Copycat- Feline Abilities, Power Mimicry, human intelligence (an actual cat)
Pyro- Pyrokinesis, Pyric Form/Flight
Phoenix- Heliokinesis (manipulation of sunlight), Pyric Form/Flight
Geenix- Menekinesis (manipulation of moonlight), Light Form/Flight
Cosmo- Asterokinesis (manipulation of cosmic energy), Vacuum Adaptation, Flight
Milennia- Chronokinesis, Chronopathy
Bugsy- Insect Communication, Insect Power Mimicry
The Twin Terrors (no individual names)- Gestalt Abilities (superstrength and superspeed when they touch), Fusion
Elfy- Size Shifting (Shrinking), Superagility, Stealth
Mongo- Size Shifting (Growing), Superstrength, Rampant Charge (Juggernaut's ability)
Poindexter- Superhuman Intelligence, Tech Skill, Knowledge/Skill Mimicry
Icarus Whistlehigh (Fly Boy)- Flight, Avian Omnilingualism, Avian Power Mimicry, Avian Shapeshifting
Arachne- Extra Arm Generation, Spider Mimicry
Tigris- Feline Abilities, Extendable Tail (Looks like an anthropomorphic cat)
Froggy- Superstrong Legs, Prehensile Tongue
Treelo- Natural Weapons (Fangs/Claws), Climbing Skill, Superhuman Agility, Superhuman Dexterity
Chronos- Temporal Spike, Chronopathy
Oracle- Precognition, Psychometry
Wolfy- Lycanthropy, Natural Weapons (even in normal form), Feral Mind (my term for Berserker Rage)
Rectangle- Psionic Shape Projection (2D and/or 3D), Morphic Field Distortion (can manipulate the shape of matter)
The Constellation Kings- Zodiac Abilities (powers pertaining to their perspective signs), Zodiac Form
Vulcan- Magma/Lava Manipulation, Magmatic Form (constant; body is composed of magma)
Sky- Aerokinesis, Flight
Fangface- Feral Mind (Berserker Rage), Hyperbite (Superhumanly Strong Jaws)
Kangaroo- Superhumanly Strong Legs, Superhuman Agility, Pocket Dimension Use
Computress- Technopathy, Telemetry (can produce and receive electronic transmissions; think Hana Gitelman), Ingenious Device (body equipped with lots of electronic devices; she is a truly sentient android; she was built by Poindexter)
Dingbat- Chiropteran Form, Flight, Echolocation (Looks like an anthropomorphic bat)

Heroes of Celadon (second super team I started with my friend Miracle a few years later; P.S., I got much better at names...):

Dari: Stealth, Tracking Evasion (scent, body heat, etc. are undetectable by anything short of ESP), Circumlocution (gifted at deception and ambiguous speech), Escape Artistry
Kazijin: Aerokinesis, Flight, Imperceptibility (half-sylph)
Ausurae: Flight (via Empathic Storm Cloud), Levity (ability to walk on air and glide on currents), Electrokinesis, Electrical Form
Aziphae: Flight (via Empathic Storm Cloud), Levity (ability to walk on air and glide on currents), Electrokinesis, Electrical Shielding
Damaskraed: Flight (via Empathic Storm Cloud), Levity (ability to walk on air and glide on currents), Electrokinesis, Electrical Absorption
Horrendous (his ACTUAL NAME): Superhuman Size (he's a giant), Superhuman Strength, Psychic Taunt (projects taunting feelings of doubt and inferiority onto foes)
Grievous (Horrendous' MUCH WORSE father): Superhuman Size (he's a giant), Superhuman Strength, Psychic Intimidation (projects feelings of intense fear onto foes)
Master Kai: Hereditary Mimicry (mimics the superhuman fighting prowess of all his ancestors), Weapon Skill, Fighting Skill (10 years old; upon finding a sword from his ancestors, he was bestowed instantly with all their skills and knowledge)
Zukiko (Kitten): Ailuranthropy (werecat; dresses like a neko), Conversion (her bite or scratch can turn others into werecats), Prehensile Tail (her werecat form AND the tail that makes up her neko costume...)
Zukihiko (Wildcat): Ailuranthropy (werecat; dresses like a male neko), Conversion (his bite or scratch can turn others into werecats), Prehensile Tail (his werecat form AND the tail that makes up his neko costume...)
Fau (rhymes with NOW): Psychic Navigation (can find anything, anywhere, anytime), Superhuman Senses, Fault Detection (can sense the weaknesses of others, physical, mental, etc.)
Miryuho: Superhuman Strength, Superhuman Durability, Rapid Gyration (she can spin at high speeds like the Tasmanian Devil)
Madam Rehd: Rehd Myst (can manipulate anything red, including red light), Fighting Skill
Madam Blou: Blou Myst (can manipulate anything blue, including blue light), Fighting Skill
Madam Rehd: Rehd Myst (can manipulate anything green, including green light), Fighting Skill
Paris (Mr. Myriad): Weapon Skill, Replication/Bilocation
Garefeid (Heartbreak): Pathokinesis (can manipulate emotions), Empathy, Empathic Blast, Empathic Backlash
Vicious (the same one I later featured in the Evolutionist's Stone RP)- Animal Communication, Animal Power Mimicry
Otrera (Amazon): Amazon Myst (magic practiced only by the Amazons), Fighting Skill, Weapon Skill, Survival Skill
Billedandrei (Adamant): Empathic Diamond Exoskeleton, Immovability, Flight
Santa Kaiser Claus (YES, SANTA): Cold Immunity, Cold Affinity, Stealth, Pocket Dimension Use
Gaajaghang: Vibration Channeling (through his weapon, Golghang), Weapon Skill
Mistress Fu (Swordstorm): Stealth, Superhuman Agility, Lancination (the ability to induce lacerations and cuts with the mind), Blade Skill
Apollo Hyperion: Heliokinesis, Photosynthesis/Solar Absorption, Flight, Vacuum Adaptation
Techne: Superhuman Intelligence, Ingenious Design (capable of ingenious invention), , Telemetry, Technopathy
Beowulf (YES, BEOWULF): Heroism (capabilities enhanced when defending lives of others, or combating evil), Danger Sense, Fighting Skill, Weapon Skill
Oracle (not the same one as before): Crystallokinesis, Crystallization (can turn matter into crystal), Crystallomancy (has a crystal ball she keeps orbiting around her nearly all the time
Nyx: Psychic Acid (produces psychic energy that works like acid), Acid Blood, Miasma Breathing, Flight
Tyr Krakskul: Superhuman Strength, Superhuman Durability, Rollout, Rapid Regeneration
Wild: Predatory Instinct, Feral Mind (Berserker Rage), Superhuman Agility, Natural Weapons (Fangs/Claws)
Amara Styx (10 years old; when she gets older, she goes by Tantrum at first, but goes by Stygian and has better control of her powers): Crocodile Tears, Excruciation (can induce and amplify pain), Havoc (Ballistic Telekinesis- when afraid or angry, her telekinesis goes out of control; otherwise, no controllable Telekinesis, until older)
Artemis: Naturespeak (can communicate with nature, and it responds to her emotions), Arboreal Form (like a dryad, she can turn into a tree), Ecological Empathy (can sense occurrences in nature), Psychic Forecast (can psychically forecast the weather)
Charybdis: Hydrokinesis, Aquagenesis (can produce water from her body), Rapid Gyration (can spin like the Tasmanian Devil)
Noise: Sonokinesis, Sonic Form (can turn into an entity of sentient sound), Sound Perception, Onomatopoeisis (can affect the environment by using onomatopoeias)
Roxy (Rockslide): Geokinesis, Metallokinesis, Metallic Exoskeleton
Isidisia Zym (Miss Fortune): Tychokinesis, Serendipity (Innate Good Luck), Psychic Strategy, Luck Sense
Mane Seraph (Zombie): Zombie Form, Zombification (by touch), Necromancy, Mediumism, Death Sense
Byoulin Sheiktrei (taken from Celadonian phrase meaning BS; real name unknown): Absurdity, Mindscape Transportation
Phorcys: Telekinesis, Reptilian Physiology, Prehensile Snake Hair, Petrifaction (half-Gorgon)
Neio Nandeneivious (Spectrum): Photokinesis, Light Form, Light Spectrum Perception, Immutability
Raio Nandeneivious  (Brainstorm): Reality Bending, Reality Anchoring, Immutability
Groufuos moun Gyismubbel (Equalizer): Ceasefire, Yin and Yang Manipulation
Grugnir Bearclaw: Danger Sense, Hammer Skill, Hyperkinetic Attack
Rapunzel (YES, RAPUNZEL): Chaetokinesis, Prehensile Hair, Pocket Dimension Use (in her hair)
Hora: Chronokinesis, Chronopathy, Temporal Replay, Null Causality
Baldrimmr (Mad Mage): Sorcery, Divination
Outis (Nobody): Retractable Claws, Imperceptibility, ESP
Candy: Glucokinesis, Dulcean Myst (Candy related magic)
Pharaoh Tut-Ankh-Akare-Kharid (Pharaoh): Psammokinesis, Mystic Mummy Form, Minion Conversion
Djiszaiya (Hawkeye): Optikinesis, All-Sight (sight in every spectrum of light), Scopaesthesia
Isamina Tenenei (Bounceback):  Hyperelasticity (think Mr. Fantastic), Superhuman Agility
Sybaris Drakon (Dragoness): Draconic Form, Firebrerathing
Dadrian Thorn (Warp): Teleportation, Dimensional Energy Projection, Mana Staff Skill, minor Elfin Magic
Troy Jericho: Invulnerability, Asepsis (inability to get sick, by poison or disease), Perspicuity (immunity to mental contact, domination or manipulation), Immutability
Dysadis Unnondeiminil: Combustion Inducing (similar to D-Struct), Detonation (think Nitro from X-Men), Jet Propulsion (think Cannonball from X-Men)
Gaz-Arag (Boogeyman...yes, THE Boogeyman): Hypnokinesis (Sleep manipulation), Oneirokinesis (Dream manipulation), Psychic Intimidation, Phobic Vampirism (think Knox from Heroes)
Zindrei (Inertia): Immobilization, Potential Energy Shielding, Mechanical Energy Perception
Beltreiza (Kinesis): Kinetic Activation, Kinetic Mimicry (can mimic the force and speed behind any moving object in her range), Mechanical Energy Perception
Etrei (Rapid): Superhuman Speed, Superhuman Reflexes
Jiang Xiao (Sibyl): Veracis Myst (truth based magic), Truth Inducing, Precognition, Veracity (supernatural compulsion to always tell the truth)
Xiao Jiang (Cassandra): Mendacis Myst (lie based magic), Lie Detection, Precognition, Mendacity (supernatural compulsion to always tell lies)
Pneuma (Blowhard): Pneumakinesis (ability to manipulate breathing, and respire gases), Atmospheric Respiration (can breathe in the presence of any breathing medium), Sublimation (can turn into a mist at will)
Anima (Puppetmistress): Animation, Puppetry (think the Puppet Master from Heroes), Bodily Possession (can phase into the bodies of others and take control of them; does this to prevent being seen controlling foes)
Karamchand Guru (Guru): Age Shifting, Superhuman Sapience (amazing strategical prowess), Meditation (can enter a meditative trance at will, and communicate with any other being meditating at that time; can also use this to facilitate Astral Projection)
Gravus: Weight Shifting, Density Shifting, Size Shifting
Uranus Astros (Astro): Flight, Vacuum Adaptation, Quintessence Emanation, Energy Perception
Nebula (Aurora): Flight, Vacuum Adaptation, Aurora Form (skin colored like an Aurora Borealis, and produces the same energy), Hyper Mind (can turn her thought waves into pure electricity and fire it at foes)
Titania (YES, TITANIA, QUEEN OF THE FAIRIES): Flight, Faerie Dust Emanation, Faerie Magic
Jezebel: Hypnotic Charm, Subliminal Sexuality, Psychic Persuasion
Thutmose (Dismal): Umbrakinesis, Shadow Form, Umbrageous Superstrength, Night Vision
Pariah: Forcefield Generation, Ostracism, Imperceptibility, Scopaesthesia
Horace "Hungry" Edacious (Gullet): Matter Ingestion (think DC's Matter Eater Lad), Unhinging Jaws, Superhumanly Strong Jaws
Buck (Rampage): Superhuman Strength, Superhuman Durability, Rampant Charge (a la Juggernaut), Headbutt (like a living battering ram)
Lethe Argos (Dizzy): Intoxication, Contagious Dizziness, Catharsis, Pacifism (similar to a tranquilizer dart)
Kasandra Bemrath (Remedy): Peak Condition, Rapid Regeneration, Healing, Degeneration (undoes the healing process)
Spike Tigris: Prickly Skin (skin covered in quills like a porcupine; spines are retractable), Rollout, Projectile Spikes (quills can be launched from the body at high speed; they can puncture like a hypodermic needle), Natural Weapons (Fangs/Claws)
Victoria Slaughter (Vicky Vector): Vector Randomization Field (produces a forcefield which randomly changes an oncoming projectile's direction upon contact with the projectile), Vector Dilation Field (produces a field that can heighten or reduce force)
Iiyana Fei (Pretender): Illusion, Hallucination Inducing, Mirage Inducing (there's a difference), Delusion Perception (can see through illusion, and perceive the hallucinations and delusions others experience)
Collin "Cornfield" Fieldman (Hayseed): Agrophysiology (think Poison Ivy), Photosynthetic Superstrength (Superhuman Strength as long as sun is present), Agrokinesis, Ingrain (can root into the ground, to absorb nutrients, and for limited Immovability)
Sylvia Holland (Trance): Trance Inducing (can induce psychic trances in others and herself; good for users of powers like Berserker Rage, Astral Projection or Precognition), Astral Projection, Meditation, Theomancy (can receive prophetic message from the divine)

Re: Supers, Capes, Mutants, and Masterminds: Lets Make Superheroes

Wulf has a list longer than all of our arms.

Re: Supers, Capes, Mutants, and Masterminds: Lets Make Superheroes

Philote
Gentleman Vaultboy wrote
Make a character in a superhero MMO once? Show us. Hit random on the site and came up with a hero for the first power you got? Fantastic!
In City of Villains, I was a Mastermind class super villain. I could almost describe my character's look as cyborg with a daft punk helmet. I also had a cape and a gigantic robotic right arm (Compared to my normal sized robotic left arm). As a Mastermind, my main focus was on having henchmen to overwhelm my foes. At all times I had three combat bots following me, two support bots, and a giant war mech. They did most of the work but I supported them with my laser rifle and force field powers. Finally, I'm pretty sure I had every travel power in the game, I could fly, teleport, leap, run at super speed, anything, and not once could my robots keep up with me, it was rather hilarious.

On a side note, did you ever see my surrogate character Vault: Link
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Supers, Capes, Mutants, and Masterminds: Lets Make Superheroes

Celadon's Penultimate wrote
Etrei (Rapid): Superhuman Speed, Superhuman Reflexes
Roman Etrei Farson
Alias: The Bullet (formerly), Rapid (identity secret; publicly goes by Etrei)
Height: 6'0
Weight: 212 lb
Age: 27
Build: Athletic
About:

(He's actually a character I have in my mythos. I just never gave him a backstory; this was great to come up with one on the fly...So what do you think?)

Re: Supers, Capes, Mutants, and Masterminds: Lets Make Superheroes

Smackgiver
I've been working on a superhero character based off an old D&D character of mine for a few months now, but I'm having difficulty finishing his origin and coming up with his attire.  I think I can bang my way thru a halfway decent backstory, but the costume/uniform seems to be insurmountable at present.  Do any of you know of a good resource in the Internet that can provide some templates or alternatives?  (BTW - I've already tried the usual Google searches,  DEVIANTART,  and hero builder,  but nothing resonates)
Peace, Love, and Rockets

Re: Supers, Capes, Mutants, and Masterminds: Lets Make Superheroes

Hm...templates aren't really my expertise, but I'll certainly keep an eye out.

As for myself, I've got to get focused again, so I can finish my profile on Gideon Gravus. Then, I plan to do some of my more well-developed folks.

Not The Penultimate yet, but certainly Wulf'n prince Shadowulf and his folks, warrior Tyr Krakskul, Neio and Raio Nandeneivious, Troy Jericho, Madam Rehd and Blou and Grene and Yehlo, Erra Bea, etc.

And, of course, some less-developed folks like Drake and the rest of the Thieves' Guild, the swordsman Rory Walker, 10-year-old Martial Arts master Master Kai, Darkess Faye and her magical allies/nemeses, etc

Re: Supers, Capes, Mutants, and Masterminds: Lets Make Superheroes

WonderDrow

Maybe cosplay or historical clothing can give you some ideas?
True colours always shine brighter within darkness. ~ WonderDrow ~

Re: Supers, Capes, Mutants, and Masterminds: Lets Make Superheroes

Smackgiver
Thanks, Drow.  I'll give it a shot.
Peace, Love, and Rockets

Re: Supers, Capes, Mutants, and Masterminds: Lets Make Superheroes

I spent fifteen minutes looking at regency age clothing because of you.

*Skitters away*

*Skitters back*

I remember once making a superheroine who's theme was "Female Odin". As I Recall (This was forever ago) she was somehow involved in summoning ritual that left her infused with the power of Odin.

Or something.

Was terrible at using that power.

*Skitters away*

Re: Supers, Capes, Mutants, and Masterminds: Lets Make Superheroes

Hel Krakskul
Alias: Krakskul
Height: 10'11 (preferred)
Weight: 1012 lb (preferred)
Age: Unknown (at least 1,000 years old--not counting the potential of said measurement passing in 'divine time', which would make him far older in mortal time)
Build: Muscular
About: Most myths of old begin with a hero born of a definite margin; born of deities, of a union between deities and men, of heroes, of outcasts. This tale begins with a hero born of two deities...each from a different pantheon. His 'father' the primordial Chaos who spawned the deities of the Greeks, his mother Hela the daughter of Loki from among the Norse, Hel's life was destined to be harrowing and hectic from the very start. After all, the deities were mostly on amicable terms, but never would they marry into other pantheons (lest religions find confusion with their intermingling, and the ensuing chaos disrupt the timeline), and so any born of inter-pantheon unions were illegitimate.

So, while his parents were unashamed of him, he would need to be kept a secret. Not even Hel could know his heritage. And he could not be kept by Eileithyia among the other baby godlings, for a moment's touch would betray to her the profound depths of Niflheim, and he would be discovered for half-Norse. Nor could he be kept among the Norse, for a look into his eyes would hint to the furthest reaches of Chaos, and he would be discovered for half-Greek. So, without revealing his biracial nature, Hela entreated the most agreeable of their neighbors for their services: the gods of the Hindu.

In particular, he would be given to the care of Rama, to learn uprightness and goodness, for few so good as Rama would be willing to take on the task. From him, Hel would learn to be brave and loyal and kind. Though, neither had counted on Hel also learning Rama's cleverness. When adventures called, and Rama went away, he would leave the young boy with his wife Sita, but the boy would always trick Sita into turning her head or leaving the room and he would slip off after his master, who he loved and admired. In so doing, he would shadow Rama in the distance, and watch him as he took on the most epic beasts and most daunting tasks the boy had ever seen.

Eventually, though, following Rama got to be too harrowing and he had to call on Rama for help. Of course, Rama gladly assisted the boy, but there was no time to take him back before the next Great Monster arrived. The boy would simply have to assist him. And that he did. Sharpening his weapons for him on rocks in the woods, that would be Rama's most glorious victory to date. In return for his help, Rama offered Hel a boon. Any one thing he wished, he could have. So, Hel asked to be made a warrior. Reluctantly, Rama complied with his wish. He would begin training the following day.

His first trainer would be Rama himself. From him, Hel had already learned charity, respect and honor, but now he would learn how to call on the divine power within him for hand-to-hand combat, how to face monsters head-on, and how to survive in the wilderness. He would be sent lesser rakshasas to tussle with, forced to wrangle up nasty bhut spirits, made to round up herds of immense makara, all to test his might and bravery and will. He would have no weapons, for untrained, weapons made him no more than a barbarian. And to get weapons, one had to go about the proper order of things.

A century passed and it was time to move onto the next master. As much as Rama would have loved to keep him in the abode of the Hindu deities, what he had to learn next could only come from a master such as Sun Wukong, the Chinese Monkey King. For 250 years, Hel spent day in and day out, carrying great boulders up the sides of mountains, bounding up the sides of mile-long bamboo poles to reach the rest house which Wukong held aloft in the air, carrying out whatever chores Wukong's monkeys asked...and staying on guard for the Monkey King's innumerable pranks.

Though, when the fun was over with the Monkey King, it was time to move on to more worthy tasks. Hel was ready for arms and strategy training with the great and honorable Quirinus of the Roman pantheon. He would take from this master a wealth of knowledge about every weapon known to mankind, and every weapon reserved for the gods' use alone. Blunt weapons, blades, polearms, ballistics, single and dual-wielding, and of course, much review in strategy of unarmed combat, so as not to get too reliant on weapons. A full 350 years was spent on these martial arts, before the next masters would be enlisted.

Now was the final stretch; Hel would be using the last years of his training to learn what domain he held, and to master it. This task would be left to the Tricksters. If any had ascertained clever mastery of their abilities, it was them. And so, each would be afforded a half-century to lend him their instruction in seclusion from the others, to finish him up at 1000 years of teaching. His learning would take him in the following order: Anansi of the Africans, Coyote and Raven of the First Americans, Crow of the Australians, Set of the Egyptians...Ate of the Greeks and Loki of the Norse.

They would teach him every transforming secret they knew, how to tie every knot, set and avoid every snare, tell and solve every riddle, rig and finish every puzzle. Unfortunately, instruction began to take a bit of a turn along the way. Where most might have trouble learning from tricksters, it seemed that Hel was catching on...a bit too well. Of course, when Hel replaced Ate's bathing oils with some of Hephaestus' molecular-class glue, Loki told her to ignore the boy's harmless fun. When Hel spiked Loki's mead with a love potion, which ended with him falling in love with a male horse, though? It was war.

Loki waited until the others had gone home to sleep, and then called the boy aside, offering a wager. If he could solve Loki's riddle, he would get a boon, like with Rama. If he failed, though, he would be forced to surrender a boon to Loki. The riddle was thus: "What feels to the touch like the colds of Niflheim, and has eyes like the depths of Chaos?" The boy was given three days to ponder it over, but alas was unable to muster an answer. He went back to ask Loki for another day's time, but Loki refused, and gave the simple smug, "My boy, you are indeed a riddle." And in one swift motion, he snatched up the satchel where Hel stored his powers, cast a portal behind the boy, and kicked him through it.

Hel would awake on the Planet Celadon, on what would later become Warhammr Island. Though, while he was confused and alone, he was nowhere near afraid. Though Loki had intervened with his training, before he could move from Anansi to Coyote and Raven, Hel had still gained 750 years of training with among the greatest gods in the multiverse. What's more, Rama and Wukong had given him advice some few hundred years ago, never to leave himself entirely defenseless, as he never knew when foes would want to fight dirty. Thanks to this, a small pouch had been kept on his side, containing 1/5 of his original undeveloped abilities. True enough, he had gained no divine domain to speak of (and no hope of it, without his full powers), but that wasn't to say that he couldn't still make a name for himself as a great hero on this rock he now called home.

With that thought in mind, he would go on to complete his remaining 250 years of training, while also make a name for himself in the world of mortals, by facing down unimaginable foes and defeating titanic monsters no others could muster strength or courage to fight. He and his Fir Bolg wife Barda would sire a tribe of powerful half-divine beings called Warmongers. He would come to be known as Krakskul, the mighty and fierce punisher of villains. He would also reconnect, through his followers, with Rama (and in the process, gain the consolation boon of an Adamantine sword, which would become easier to wield, the longer he maintained his rapport with the divine).

Perhaps one day, he would even track down Loki and bring him to justice for his tricks. And if not, then after his centuries, perhaps millennia-worth of remaining life were spent, and Hel was welcomed back home among the divine, he would simply pay his old friend a visit...

Re: Supers, Capes, Mutants, and Masterminds: Lets Make Superheroes

Celadon's Penultimate wrote
Gravus: Weight Shifting, Density Shifting, Size Shifting
Gideon Gordon Gravus
Alias: Gravus
Height: 6'2
Weight: 232 lb
Age: 32
Build: Muscular
Backstory:

Re: Supers, Capes, Mutants, and Masterminds: Lets Make Superheroes

Gentleman Vaultboy
The Wretch, less of a superhero and more of an anomaly. Anyone within the boundaries of several Missouri cities who thinks about breaking the law will have a single sentence implanted in their head. That sentence being "But what if The Wretch finds out?" Cities in which the anomaly manifest have noted a marked decrease in crime rate. Interestingly, the phenomenon seems to travel over time, looping a circuit through all the cities in its "territory" every 2 1/2 weeks.

It should be noted that there is no evidence that The Wretch actually exists. Indeed, no supernatural repercussions from The Wretch are forthcoming should one commit a crime, and no one come forward claiming to have been stopped or visited by The Wretch. Nevertheless, calling The Wretch's very existence in question has seemingly had no effect on its power as a deterrent.
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: Supers, Capes, Mutants, and Masterminds: Lets Make Superheroes

Gentleman Vaultboy
The Sickle Seven, an group metahumans found and awoken from cryosleep in 2004, are a group of heroes that work around Russia and eastern Europe. The remains of several failed soviet super soldier programs begun under Stalin, membership includes the likes of:

-Subject 16, Roach Woman. A woman genetically spliced with a cockroach in order to create a soldier that could survive nuclear war.

-Subject 17, colloquially know as the 6 Ruble Man. An attempt to rebuild a wounded soldier as a cyborg, budgetary cuts forced him to be remade using mostly corrugated iron, decaying nuclear material, and cardboard.

-Subject 2, Comrade Bear. A bear with increased intelligence, trained in military weapons and operations. A military genius, but can only communicate in growls and roars.

-Subject 22, Laika the Space Hound. The first dog in space did not die as was reported, but instead gained extraordinary powers due to exposure to space radiation. Phenomenal cosmic powers and one of the strongest known heroes on Earth, but is a dog and most of the time uses them like you'd expect a dog to.

This groups most common for is Baron Aryan, a super soldier created in the final days of the war expressly as a revenge weapon against the Russians.
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: Supers, Capes, Mutants, and Masterminds: Lets Make Superheroes

And here are somethings.

The latest iteration of the mind-structure of the group mind called Zaleramancer involves splitting the central controlling mind into seven separate minds following the red subversion event.

The first of the Seven Minds is as followed:

One
Also known as Madame Monday or Miss Blue

Madame Monday is primarily the keeper of dangerous items, persons or ideas. She attempts to protect people from things that would utterly destroy them, or other people, or endanger the universe as a whole. One also runs the dimensional prison/creature containment unit, in which beings to dangerous or hostile to allow to roam the universe are kept, as well as superpowered prisoners that were transferred at request of planetary governments. Madame Monday also helps watch over the children's hospital ward and the more dangerous sections of the asylum, at the request of Two.

While Miss Blue's primary purpose is to prevent the misuse of items and forces beyond mortal comprehension, she is not above releasing things from her care. Any person who wishes may make their case to her, and should they offer sufficient proof, they may be granted what they request, either on loan or permanently. However, Monday makes it absolutely clear that anything that happens once the item or power is in your care is your responsibility- and responsibility can be a terrible burden to bear.

All of the Minds share more or less the same powers, but most of them specialize in some way. Blue specializes in massive parallelization  and mentalism.  Her mind is not so much a single mind as many, many independent interchangeable partitions that can combine, split and communicate with one and other. This affords her both a great deal of multitasking ability as well as nigh-immunity to memetic or mental attacks, as she can simply shuck off the infected partitions without any harm to her remaining ones. Monday prefers to address problems by splitting her active partitons into groups and having them all work towards the solution independently. This usually produces a small array of possible outcomes. Because of the ease of returning to normal, Monday has no real problems with sudden losses of memory, continuity or death- so long as a fragment of her survives, she can return to normal without a terrible amount of effort.

Miss Blue tends to favor psionic powers over the mystical arts (Perhaps due to how the powers she can wield are almost always excessive for the situation), and is the go-to expert on telepathy, clairvoyance, astral projection and telekinesis.

This goes to show in that Madame Monday rarely ever manifests physically. She prefers to remain in a ethereal comet-like collection of minds spread throughout the storage rooms, libraries and wards she watches over. When she does take physical form, One always defaults to a female form, always with electric blue eyes and long hair. Her clothing is always at least twenty years out of date (This is presumably some inscrutable joke of hers).

One tends to be rather reclusive and secretive, and generally prefers to allow people to come to her than for her to go to them. She is, among the Minds, the second least likely to leave their home dimension. However, her departures are always something of a spectacle for the other Minds, since she rarely leaves unless something potentially problematic is around the corner.

Re: Supers, Capes, Mutants, and Masterminds: Lets Make Superheroes

WonderDrow

Aliases:
* Ultimate Heroin
* Ultra Witch
* Ultra Bitch (not recommended)
* CyberBioNanoTechnoPsionicSuperSpiritMythicMartialMagicalChan
* Kïlâh Draïkàn (the current vessel's name)
Height of Kïlâh: 62 inches / 157 cm
Weight of Kïlâh: Ask at your own risk
Age:
* Almost 12 nova-eons according one of Cybinatsuimyac's apparitions
* Kïlâh was 21 new-earth years old when she became the current vessel

Backstory:

In a long forgotten universe and a timeline an unmatched powerfull Evil Entity was created.
It's creation was caused by a hidden society that wished for The Galaxypocalipse.
The entity quickly rose to power and layed waste accross the worlds in that universe.

The undeniyable danger it presented eventually united all it's remaining galactic federations.

This Ultimate Galactic Alliance gathered a taskforce of the most brilliant research teams from different areas of expertise.
Cybernetics, Genetics, 5th dimensional nanotech, Psionic research, Mythical Energetics, Runology, Spirit/Magical Synergetics and more.
With the mission to come up with solution(s) to save the universe from total annihalation by the evil entity.

One of the solutions focussed on combining the strengths of each source of super power potential into a single entity.

By combining the divine essence of various Gods into a 5th dimension spirit network.
United by a mythical soul-coded controler that exists outside time and space.
However, this required that all the researchers were sacrificed so that their souls would be become the base of the controler.

On itself the entity would be unable to interact with the physical world.
But it could decide for a exceptional female to become 'The Chosen Girl'.
That person would then become the vessel for the entity that linked it to the material world.

Upon calling the entity she would then be able to use any imaginable power.
And also call upon the spirit network for guidance or help.

Thus 'The Ultimate Heroin' by design was created.
Who can become as Over Powered as she needs to be.

The first vessel was an 42 year old warrior princess who's whole dynasty was destroyed by the Evil Entity.

Eventually she managed to split up the Evil Entity into metaphysical parts and seperated accross unlinked timelines.
Just to avoid that the parts could ever unite again.

But this came at a terrible cost.

The weakened core of the Evil Entity still existed.
Without it's parts it was no longer a real danger to the universe.
But even with all her abilities, there was no way to destroy that core.
This posed a problem because of the risk that the evil core could extract the information about the space/time location of it's parts.

So she decided that there was one final sacrifice to be made.

She left her original universe and timeline and removed all traces to and from it.
Then killed herself to destroy the final trace forever.

Since then the entity known as Cybinatsuimyac has been scanning accross universes.
It looked out for worlds where it's souls cried out for a miracle to save their world from evil.
Upon finding such a world it would then seek out for a worthy vessel.

On new-earth it found Kïlâh and asked her to become 'The Chosen Girl'.
But that's a whole different story.

Notes :
To give an idea of her potential.
Imagine someone who can transform into a Magical Girl with some kind of Guyver Bioboosted WitchBlade armor.
Which gives the potential to use the combined maxed out powers of The Shaman King, Avatar (Korra), Majin Buu after absorbing SS4 Broly, Mr. Mxyzptlk, Amazo, Alladins Djinn, Q, etc.
True colours always shine brighter within darkness. ~ WonderDrow ~

Re: Supers, Capes, Mutants, and Masterminds: Lets Make Superheroes

The Mediocre Gatsby
C://File.Memory.Basic_Information.docx

Name: Nano
Civilian ID: Aaron (True ID unknown at this time)
Age: 16
Stature: 5' 8"
Weight: 250 lbs (100 Pounds added to metallic composition of body)
Hair Color: Dark Blonde
Eye Color: Electric Blue
Nationality: American
Heritage: Irish, English, Nordic

C://File.Memory.History.docx

Aaron was once a normal child, born to brilliant scientist parents. The family was initially from America, but due to experimental works, the family was relocated to the Arctic for undisturbed work away from society. The project was intended to successfully merge human cells and DNA with nanorobotics, as a way to cure disease and help the disabled. However, something went awry. Aaron had a sister, Thalia, who was as brilliant as her parents, and was as evil as she was brilliant. Her goal was to steal the technology and sell it to a terrorist organization to be used as a deadly weapon, and breed a whole new era of super soldiers and warfare. After doing away with her parents, Thalia decided to use her younger brother Aaron as a test subject for the nanotechnology. The process involved fusing human cells with the robotics, and having a major robot implant itself into the subjects brain. Thalia had initially set the major robot to follow a series of commands, that would allow Aaron to be controlled like a gun. However something else happened. Through sheer will, Aaron managed to resist the cranial reprogramming that the major robot was meant to do. Meaning now, HE was in control. The nanorobotics fused themselves with every living cell in Aaron's body. Once the process was complete, Aaron was no longer 100% flesh and blood. Aaron could now manipulate his body to form fantastic machines, and even fully functional armor. Using this ability, he managed to defeat Thalia. However, after realizing what had happened to his parents, he made the decision to have his memory wiped clean, to rid himself of the pain he felt, the pain of losing everyone he cared about.

End of Line

Re: Supers, Capes, Mutants, and Masterminds: Lets Make Superheroes

Terrance Chelon
Alias: Tortoise
Height:
Weight: 196 lb