Superhuman/Supernatural/Paranormal Rants (or Props) (Continued)

Re: Superhuman/Supernatural/Paranormal Rants (or Props) (Continued)

Oh, and the main character (Being one of those super-necromancers) ends up accidentally reanimating dead bodies in her sleep.

And since reanimation shoves the dead person back in their rotting corpse, then compels them to obey her..

Let's just say it really bothers her, to the point that she tries to go without sleeping for awhile just in case.

Re: Superhuman/Supernatural/Paranormal Rants (or Props) (Continued)

 Awesome...

Re: Superhuman/Supernatural/Paranormal Rants (or Props) (Continued)

And once she saw a little girl in a white dress, assumed she was a ghost, and started talking to her like she was one.

Then the girl's mother comes up and leads the little girl away, telling her not to talk to crazy people.

Poor poor Chloe. Everyone thinks shes crazy.

Re: Superhuman/Supernatural/Paranormal Rants (or Props) (Continued)

Re: Superhuman/Supernatural/Paranormal Rants (or Props) (Continued)

Inquirers of the purpose behind this sign...beware.

Re: Superhuman/Supernatural/Paranormal Rants (or Props) (Continued)

Re: Superhuman/Supernatural/Paranormal Rants (or Props) (Continued)

Troll Romance is Complicated.

Re: Superhuman/Supernatural/Paranormal Rants (or Props) (Continued)

WonderDrow
Lol wulf. that one with the t-shirt had me laughing.

The other one. Well, at least I hope you don't see atheism as a religion.

But actually, there's not much difference between atheistm and mono-theism (christian,judism,moslim).

The mono-theists have a whole list of gods they doesn't believe in.
e.g. Zeus, Ra, Odin, etc.

The a-theists only add one extra god to that list.

True colours always shine brighter within darkness. ~ WonderDrow ~

Re: Superhuman/Supernatural/Paranormal Rants (or Props) (Continued)

Atheism is exactly what it says.

'A'= from the Greek ("no")

'the'= from the Greek "theos" (god)

'ist'= from the Greek "person who subscribes to or believes in.

Therefore, an atheist is a person who subscribes to the belief that no God exists. It isn't a religion, it's a secular mindstate. And not one I particularly care for, especially because of the worldviews that tend to follow it.

Re: Superhuman/Supernatural/Paranormal Rants (or Props) (Continued)

WonderDrow
I don't know about what worldviews you're talking about.
But I assume all those atheists have a lot of different worldviews.
All depends how you were raised, and studies you followed.

Personally I don't see why the catholics make such a fuss about the science of evolution.
Science and having faith in a god don't exclude each other.
True colours always shine brighter within darkness. ~ WonderDrow ~

Re: Superhuman/Supernatural/Paranormal Rants (or Props) (Continued)

Yes, you're right, they don't exclude one another; you can have a respect for science and still have religious values. But I, as a Protestant Christian, simply don't think evolution is the only possibility for the origin of species. Nor do I think it is the answer.

I'm pretty sure there are some non-Christians (even some atheists) who don't subscribe to evolution, so...I think I'm in good company.

Re: Superhuman/Supernatural/Paranormal Rants (or Props) (Continued)

Psst. You don't want to head in that direction.

I speak from personal experience.

Re: Superhuman/Supernatural/Paranormal Rants (or Props) (Continued)

 And just why not? Christianity and religion do not warrant fear, unease or hostility. I can have a decent conversation about religion, provided all parties involved are decent, and don't attempt to disparage beliefs I hold dear. Likewise, I try to hold myself to the same standards.

Unless she intends to say something like "Christianity is stupid", or "Christians are stupid", or something unnecessarily offensive about God/Jesus, she has nothing to worry about.

Re: Superhuman/Supernatural/Paranormal Rants (or Props) (Continued)

It never ends well on here.

I suppose I'm not decent enough to have a civil conversation, though, so just ignore me.

Re: Superhuman/Supernatural/Paranormal Rants (or Props) (Continued)

WonderDrow
Administrator
The funny thing is that I first thought that Wulf had something against Christians.
Because of his signature, which is making the christian sound delusional.
But now I understand more where he's coming from.
True colours always shine brighter within darkness. ~ WonderDrow ~

Re: Superhuman/Supernatural/Paranormal Rants (or Props) (Continued)

Nah, he's a very devout Christian.

Swell guy, but can be rather rant-y when his religion comes into play.

Of course, I tend to get inflammatory and passive-aggressive at that point, so I'm even worse..

Re: Superhuman/Supernatural/Paranormal Rants (or Props) (Continued)

Zaleramancer wrote
I suppose I'm not decent enough to have a civil conversation
 You can be, if you want to.

But anywho, either of us can learn how to better convey our points without attacking other folks' beliefs or morality, so it's not like it's a slam or something, just a straightforward statement.

Re: Superhuman/Supernatural/Paranormal Rants (or Props) (Continued)

And the signature is actually meant to convey the beliefs of Christians.

We do believe that religions are bad, and do nothing more than judge and scrutinize and victimize.

However, we also believe that Christianity is more than a religion. A religion is basically just going through the motions of some belief system because you believe you should, or you'll get in trouble if you don't.

A true Christian loves God simply for the sake of loving God, and realizes that Jesus came to the world "not to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved".

Re: Superhuman/Supernatural/Paranormal Rants (or Props) (Continued)

WonderDrow

I hope you don't take this picture offensive then.
But it seemed a funny addition to the conversation.

True colours always shine brighter within darkness. ~ WonderDrow ~

Re: Superhuman/Supernatural/Paranormal Rants (or Props) (Continued)

Zaleramancer wrote
can be rather rant-y when his religion comes into play.
Again, I only get rant-y when people feel the need to discuss my religion in a disparaging context. I try not to do that (though sometimes I fail) and so I expect the same treatment from others.

And I don't take my beliefs lightly. Never have, never will.