SuperPower Radar Chart.

Locked 13 messages Options

SuperPower Radar Chart.

JoeD

During this week, I started to have certain Ideas of some new features on this site. The problem is, I don't know whether they are good Ideas or not. So I like to share one of them to you.

I have this concept of a radar chart that measures both it's relationship with the categories, and it's power level.
The blueish 3D looking gel (in the middle) is what measures the power and to what any category(ies) it is most associated with. The words (outside of the circle) are the Categories that the superpower can be associated with.

The picture has two examples. Both show the same amount of traits what this same power has. The only difference is, one on the left is weak, the other one on the right is powerful. The weaker the power, the more sharp, and polygonal it is. The stronger the power, the more thick, big and liquidy it is.

Any thoughts, or questions, Just let me know.
Somethings we cannot explain, neither should we provoke them.

Re: SuperPower Radar Chart.

Scotch
OOOAAAAHHHO! Categorization. Me-a Likey-Likey. The only thing I'm not sure about is the bloby thing. Still, this is a beautiful idea. You even kept the sparkles. Spot on.
So, from what I can see, starting at twelve o'clock, you've got Supernatural, Mental, Metaphysical, Biological, Scientifical, Athletic, Elemental, and Chi. Nice job keeping the related ones close to each other, though I would switch Mental and Metaphysical. Also, at the risk of wonkiness, I might eliminate/combine one or two categories, but maybe not.
Sorry for the sudden flood of criticism. I feel very enthusiastic today.

Re: SuperPower Radar Chart.

JoeD
That's okay. And thank you.
I'm Always opened to any thought about these Ideas I have.
Somethings we cannot explain, neither should we provoke them.

Re: SuperPower Radar Chart.

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: SuperPower Radar Chart.

JoeD
Well Chi (or Qi) is referred to a special life force that is kind is close to something supernatural, but it still resides in the realm of some logic in vague science. It also mostly associates with something special that resids in the normal Physical body.

Supernatural, on the other hand, refers to either the higher forces that is more beyond, or anything that is beyond all explanation of science itself. Even something that seems illogical.
Example: Making fully functional, mature birds out of dirt, or thin air (in seconds) (using nothing but bare hands).
Somethings we cannot explain, neither should we provoke them.

Re: SuperPower Radar Chart.

Scotch
I always associated chi with blood. I can see how that might work. That being said I might also switch Chi and Elemental, but that would just be too much.

Re: SuperPower Radar Chart.

Ghostdog_5
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: SuperPower Radar Chart.

JoeD
Of course. The way you described Chi pretty much sums up the ballpark of what it is. In fact in one movie interview, George Lucas took the concept of Chi for Jedi powers.

As you can see on the radar chart, There are two subjects that are considered the dominant subjects in the chart.
-Scientific
-Supernatural.

Anything that is a part of the Physical boundaries of certain powers, like Athletic Biological etc. are considered Scientific.
Anything that is a part of the Spiritual boundaries of certain powers, like Chi, Metaphysical etc. are considered Supernatural.

I took this concept from a book about certain mystic subjects. There is a diagram in it that shows a chart called
"The Levels Of Being". In it, There are two triangles that point to each other and overlapping on one another. The triangle on top represents the Spiritual realm, the triangle on the bottom represents Physical realm. The other names in the middle are the specific stages that have different qualities of physical and spiritual.
Somethings we cannot explain, neither should we provoke them.

Re: SuperPower Radar Chart.

I like it!

Re: SuperPower Radar Chart.

wow, ain't seen this thread in a while...

Re: SuperPower Radar Chart.

Re: SuperPower Radar Chart.

Myself
Nor have I.

I can see potential in this for in The New Order.
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Re: SuperPower Radar Chart.

Dang, two years and a month later, it resurfaces yet again.