SaltyBet

Gentleman Vaultboy
http://www.saltybet.com/

Saltybet.com is a Twitch channel where you can sigh up and bet fake money on MUGEN fights. MUGEN is a universal fighting game engine that people from all over can port characters to, so you can see some truly eclectic fights.

Remember, never bet DBZ.
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: SaltyBet

WonderDrow
Administrator
Sooo many characters !!!

So far i've seen characters from DC, Marvel, Anime, Cartoons, animals, Games, Disney, The Simpsons...
And even a male bearded cheerlader...

The betting seems predictable though.
Most of the time the same side wins. Maybe because it's often the same player.
True colours always shine brighter within darkness. ~ WonderDrow ~

Re: SaltyBet

Philote
Interesting

Its two computers fighting each other correct?
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: SaltyBet

Love Mugen, been playing for years. Especially with the Chuck Norris Character. He's vastly overpowered and can one hit KO most other characters.

Re: SaltyBet

Gentleman Vaultboy
Yeah. That's why you really have to get a feel for what series are good if you ever want to make any money.

For example, never bet DBZ. Their A.I. is complete crap 99% of the time, but they put out huge damage when they attack. Sometimes that can cause a serious upset. The only ones that I've seen that are actually good are Perfect Cell, and Dr. Gero.

Guilty Gear and Jojo all so used to be in the "never bet" category, but recently he's downloaded new models with better A.I.

If one of the fighters is a little girl she's probably a safe bet. As are any characters from Melty Blood, and anyone that looks like they could be in Marvel vs. Capcom. It has a very distinctive sprite style that's easy to spot once you know it.

If someones A.I. breaks and they start attacking before the betting period is over, they're usually going to win.
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: SaltyBet

I head someone was making a Walter White Mugen character specifically for SaltyBet

Re: SaltyBet

Gentleman Vaultboy
Wouldn't be surprised.

My favorite thing is catching one of the Zaku-II's fights, because it has a pretty good A.I. and when it starts winning the chat will inevitable devolve into people chanting "HAIL ZEON" and "SIEG ZEON" over and over again.
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: SaltyBet

Gentleman Vaultboy
If anyone was turned of by the fact that, with only 45 bucks to work with, you couldn't make any salty dollars you're in luck. The cap on starting money has been raised to 155 and right now they're going through the process of dividing new characters into tiers so no one knows what to bet on whom.
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?