RP One Shots

Philote
Administrator
Who are you?:

The Barbarian - Herculean Appetites
The Bard - Bardic Lore and Arcane Art
The Cleric - Chosen of an Aspect
The Druid - Marked by their Land
The Fighter - Carrying their Signature Weapon
The Paladin - Divine Protection for their Quest
The Ranger - Trick Shots and Animal Kinship
The Thief - Expert Poisoner
The Wizard - Tome of Spells
The Battlemaster - War Gambits
The Channeler - Conduit to the Elements
The Necromancer - Carries Canopic Jars full of the Dead
The Skirmisher - Dancing through Battle
The Slayer - Thirst for the Hunt
The Templar - Penance, Pain, and Holy Wrath
The Shaman - Spirit Catcher
The Artificer - Runed Workings

You are in the elven land of Miinerva. Miinervans, or the Mineral elves, have gold skin, silver hair, and bronze eyes. Your king, Hiranel Starfall, sits before you on his throne, ready to present you with a quest of the utmost importance for, even as this meeting takes place, the capital burns behind you due to a treacherous rebellion. How are you known by the king and why have you been called and trusted to handle this as of yet unknown quest?
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: RP One Shots

Gentleman Vaultboy
I'm the fighter Hiram McDaniels, a human from a land far to the south of here. I met the king when he was still just a prince, filled with the wanderlust of youth. I happened to be a member of the mercenary band he joined in a fit of wild rebellion, a fresh young recruit myself at the time, and we fought many battles together against the goblins and orcs of Thracia, the Pirate Lords of Scallowog, the hound men of Bask Canyon, and a hundred other butchers and beasities I don't care to name. When his father finally died and he had to rush back to his responsibilities we had become captains within the company, and inseparable friends besides.

That was 30 years ago and the man hasn't aged a day.

The sword I carry on my hip, a scimitar of peerless silvery steel, is a treasure of the Miinervan royal family and used to belong to him before he "Misplaced it" into my possession as proof that we are Blood Brothers.
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: RP One Shots

Philote
Administrator
The king stands as his old friend enters the audience chamber.

"Greetings brother. I wish we could have met again under better circumstances but I am glad that I got to see you once more before the end, for I fear that I do not have much time left in this world."

Walking around behind the throne, Hiranel picks up a small box made of elven wood and brings it forward to be seen.

"I have called in many old favors for this day, and you are the first of such to arrive. Thank you for coming on such short notice."
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: RP One Shots

Gentleman Vaultboy
"I didn't realize things were this bad when I got your message." Hiram says, walking forward. "Else I'd have the whole of the company here to crush this rebellion."

He puts his hand on his old friends shoulder. "There's still time. We've cut ourselves out of worse situations than this. Make for the edge of the city, over the wall, and into the wilderness. March back at the head of an army and put all these bastards to the sword. Just say the word."
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: RP One Shots

Philote
Administrator
Hiranel sighs. "If only such a fate lay ahead of me."

"No. I am a King now and it is my subject's fate and not my own that must be my priority"

The king opens the wooden box and inside lays a silver ring, completely ordinary if you did not already know the legend behind this artifact. The Ring of Kings. The tool with which the prosperity of everything from where you stand to the horizon was built. With a Wish and an intended Target, miracles were achieved. You yourself had only seen it be used once with your own eyes, long ago when Hiranel's father was still king.

"They've done something to the stars above" Hiranel explains. "This ring's power is not as you once knew. It has become tainted and is not more than a chaotic shell of its previous glory. Still though, it must not fall into their hands if they take the city. Take this and seal it away in my family's crypts to the north and remove its magic from this world. Find the others that I've sent for and add their power to your quest. Use this if you wish, but I no longer trust in its magic. Now, I must face them as they come. My subjects shall only be safe once I am in their hands."
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: RP One Shots

Gentleman Vaultboy
Hiram takes the ring from the box, crushing it in his fist, and sighs sadly. "You always did put your men before yourself." He slips the ring into his pocket and makes for the door, turning only once to look back at his oldest friend. Hiranel would understand that he was no good at this sort of thing. He wasn't the type of man for long, drawn out goodbyes or speeches of sorrows. Instead he only looked back and said four little words.

"You give em' hell."

Then he was through the door at a sprinters pace, to fulfill the kings dying wish.
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: RP One Shots

Philote
Administrator
Hiranel nods, knowing his lifelong friend's intentions well. "You as well my brother." Then the door to the king's chamber closes and Hiram is left alone in the roar and blaze of a dieing city.

Your knowledge of the city is enough to know that that both the Wood and Water gates lie along the wall in the northern part of the city and that you could even venture to pass over the wall itself if you deemed the main gates untrustworthy.

Even now, you see the city crumble. One of the tall spire observatories cracks and falls, taking out a line of wealthy houses, and removing even more of the elves knowledge gleamed from the stars above.
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: RP One Shots

You are Jellia Jamb.

You were born in the town of Bluebell, outside of the kingdom of the elves, and you are what men call a halfling or hobbit (You find this rather tiresome, as it's not like you go around calling humans twicelings or gobbits or something similarly ridiculous.) From a young age you have been fascinated by the arcane arts, after reading a spellbook that you inherited from a great-uncle (Who likely acquired it the same way most halflings obtain things). After mastering the rudiments of magic, you began a life on the road with a roving band of entertainers, using flashy spells and crude illusions to gain coin. During one of these shows, you caught the eye of the king, who offered you a chance to learn in one of the most prestigious magical academies in his kingdom.

And you've been studying ever since. As far as you care, it's practically paradise.

Of course, right now, it's just a tad bit hectic, what with the whole civilizational collapse.

Jelia was in her small room in the academy, and was doing what would be called packing if not for the total disregard of organization involved. Her room was full of books and strange ornaments that she was rapidly shoving into a large suitcase sitting open in the midst of the floor. Thirty-seven glass bead necklaces? Suitcase. Three set Encyclopedia of Illusionary Mysticism? Suitcase. Scroll on the History of Musical Magic? Out the window. Small shiny rock? Suitcase.  Parakeet? Open cage, release out window.  Miniature stuffed alligator? Jelia paused. Wouldn't be proper without it. Suitcase.

The suitcase accepted all of these items without seeming to fill up. Jelia stopped to catch her breath, and scanned the room as she did. The bookshelves were empty, as were the drawers of the desk. Competent cabinet had been emptied into separate boxes. Umbrella stand was empty, flower pots had been packed. That was everything.

She carefully closed and locked the suitcase, then jumped up.

"Slithers!" Jelia yelled under the bed, and a brown snake slithered, of course, out. The young wizard held out an hand and Slithers began to crawl up, wrapping itself around her arm.

Alright, time to vacate the area before something crawled up from the alchemy lab to try and eat her. Turning towards the suitcase, she snapped her fingers. A web of green lines flashed on the suitcase before it began, ever so slowly, to float an inch of the ground. It followed her obediently as she, very slowly, unlocked the door and tried to open it. After about three attempts, Jelia decided that it obviously wasn't working. Ugh, she should have known better than to buy Gnomish locks. Probably some kind of design "feature".

Well, this was a terrible, terrible situation. If only she'd got the hang of teleportation magic. It's not like she could just fly out the win-

She glanced at the floating suitcase, then at the window.

Desperate times call for stupid plans.

With a running start, she jumped onto the suitcase. It jerked forward and then out the window. There was a brief, disorienting moment of weightlessness before Jelia began to fall. She had a few moments to reconsider her life choices before the suitcase came to a teeth-rattling just a foot above the cobbles. It drifted sedately down eleven more inches.

After another few moments of heavy breathing and calming back down, Jelia had a look around and could tell she'd drifted quite a distance. Must be near the palace now.

Re: RP One Shots

Philote
Administrator
The fighting has not quite broken into the inner gardens of the palace and Jellia is able to float over the burning mansions and markets surrounding the academy and come to a stop onto a large hedge and attached hedge maze near the palace. Hiram easily spots this, its not often that you see a halfling come drifting out of the sky, and Jellia can spot him back if she is in an observant mood as he is one of the only humanoids that are still outside the mass fighting.

(Whoever posts first gets to decide what history your two characters have!)
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: RP One Shots

Gentleman Vaultboy
"Hey!" Hiram calls out to the hobbit. "What the hell are you still doing here? Evacuation got ordered hours ago. Clear out!"

Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: RP One Shots

I am The Ranger.....and I am very late.

My name is Riven Calsifer and despite the urgency of the call to arms, I was delayed on my way to the King's aid whilst aiding an injured bird. My care and empathy for animals often affects my duties. Despite the delay, I sprint with all my might towards the castle in hopes that I might still make it in time. I cling desperately to my bow as I run, it is my constant companion and protector in the woods and in the city as well. I would not trade it for amount of wealth.

Re: RP One Shots

Philote
Administrator
Riven: As you approach the castle gardens and their path into the inner palace, you see a battering ram being rolled into place so that the advancing elves can break inside the garden walls. Many lives could be saved if you stopped this battering ram, delaying them until they inevitably broke in some other, but the request sent to you by the king weighs heavily in your mind. Just as easily you could use your fantastic dexterity to maneuver over the wall and beat the rebels to their destination or set off on any other course that might catch your fancy.

Unbeknownst to you, Hiram and Jellia are soon going to be made aware of this very same battering ram.
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: RP One Shots

Ericus Europaeus (Bug)
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: RP One Shots

Philote
Administrator
Cicero: You come upon much of the same sight as Riven, drawn by fate and converging with the others called by the king. From your vantage point on the rooftops, you gain a clear view of the garden's gate and the battering ram. Riven, Hiram, and Jellia are also all in your view, as you're able to see both before and beyond the wall and should you have any interest or history with any of them, then you should be able to pick them out from the chaos.
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: RP One Shots

Riven pauses at the sight of the battering ram and briefly considers taking it out. However, his duty to the king outweighs his desire to fight. Besides, he thinks to himself, he can just warn the king of its presence. With a nimble athleticism, he dashes to the wall and scales it, dropping to the ground on the other side in a graceful pose.

Re: RP One Shots

Philote
Administrator
A human and halfling, one sitting on top of some shrubbery, stand opposite you discussing with each other as you reach the other side.
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: RP One Shots

Riven sprints towards the two, shouting ahead of himself.

"Look out! They're setting up a battering ram! They're setting up a battering ram!"

Re: RP One Shots

Gentleman Vaultboy
Hiram is distracted from the halfling, turning toward the source of the noise. "They're setting up a wh... Riven! Where the hell have you been?"

But he can hear it, now that he's listening for it. The tale-tell creeks and moans of wheels bearing a great weight. He's heard it before, on both sides of a wall. If they were busing through, that meant they were massed at the door waiting to pour in as soon as it was down. They had to move.

Drawing his steel, the gift given to him so long ago by the king, he lunged toward the hedge the halfling sat on and cleaved it down. The halfling and her luggage fell, floating down a lot more softly than he expected, into Hiram's arms as he sheathed his blade. He turned back to River and shouted. "This way, we have to run," Before taking off along the nearest path that would take him to the mausoleum.

Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: RP One Shots

Riven catches up to Hiram easily, crossing the distance between them in a heartbeat. He falls in line behind Hiram, drawing his bow and notching an arrow. As they run, he keeps an eye trained on the wall in case anyone was foolish enough to have followed him over it.

Re: RP One Shots

Gentleman Vaultboy
While they run, Hiram explains the details of Hiranel's last request.
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?
1234 ... 6