Game: What superpower am I thinking of?

Locked 993 messages Options

Game: What superpower am I thinking of?

Vespert
This post was updated on .
The game: Describe a supernatural or seemingly normal situation, either through drawings, schematics or a short story, where a superpower is involved and let the others figure out what the power is.

Here are the rules (new ones could be added later on):
1- The situation described is tied to the use of a superpower.
2- The superpower used is already on the List at the time the message is posted.
3- Only ONE superpower is involved.
4- You can ask as many questions as you want about the superpower and the situation, preferably but not exclusively using Yes/No questions.
5- The questions can be qualified as irrelevant or their answers as not important by the author of a description.

Here's an easy example: (solved)
"An elderly woman has been the victim of unusual assailants. The police reported that around sixty birds crashed through the closed window of Mrs Huntpot's kitchen, severely injuring her while she was cooking. The woman has been rushed to the hospital after neighbours heard the commotion and called the police. She is still in critical condition."

List of riddles:
"Birds" by Vespert (solved by Shadowulf1)
"Beer" by Zaleramancer (solved by Shadowulf1)
"Robbery" by Shadowulf1 (solved by Vespert)
"Babysitter" by Vespert (solved by Shadowulf1)
"Dictator" by jester_of_god (solved by WHD)
"Jellybean" by Shadowul1 (solved by Vespert)
"Dead-End" by Vespert (ended)
"Superman" by Myself (solved by Shadowulf1)
"Alcoholism" by Shadowulf1 (solved by Vespert)
"Dreams" by WHD (solved by Vespert)
"Silence" by Vespert (solved by Myself)
"Winner" by Shadowulf1 (solved by Vespert)
"Drown" by neogenetica (solved by Vespert)
"Resurrection" by Myself (solved by Vespert)
"Mentalism" by Vespert (solved by Shadowulf1)

Re: Game: What superpower am I thinking of?

The answer to your example has to be a power on the list, right?

Re: Game: What superpower am I thinking of?

Wish
How tough is the window? Usually birds aren't strong enough to crash through them, right?

Yes, rule #2.

Re: Game: What superpower am I thinking of?

Vespert
It's a regular window and it depends, in some cases, birds can crash through a window, not always.

Re: Game: What superpower am I thinking of?

I'd guess Connection to the Animals...or Bird Control...

Re: Game: What superpower am I thinking of?

Wish
Reverse Agitator Pulse---makes the target seen as an enemy by any biological creature due to electrical impulses

The neighbors that called broke the window but could not get in because the window was too high.

Scared the elderly lady moved back and touched the fridge.

The pulse was sent though the fridge's metal traveling down the electrical grid to reach some birds on a nearby power line.

They immediately saw the woman as a target and flew through the high window and attacked the woman until dead.

After the effects wore off the neighbors realized that something was wrong and saw the elderly woman had been attacked.

Fearing that they would be arrested by the police as suspects they immediately called the police and made up a story that it was only the birds that crashed through the window.

The culprit was actually a man unaware of his powers that had an argument with the women earlier that day.

Re: Game: What superpower am I thinking of?

oh, my...what keen powers of deduction you have...

That is a very interesting explanation. I feel bad saying it's wrong, that's not the one I chose. The man/woman were well aware of their power.

Re: Game: What superpower am I thinking of?

Vespert
Nope.

Re: Game: What superpower am I thinking of?

MythPower: Siren's Song?
Whd

Re: Game: What superpower am I thinking of?

Whd
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Game: What superpower am I thinking of?

Flight Manipulation could be used to mount such an attack...

Re: Game: What superpower am I thinking of?

OOH! How 'bout Nature Dominance?

Re: Game: What superpower am I thinking of?

Feral Crazed Animal Rage

Waiiit a second. Does that rhyme?

Re: Game: What superpower am I thinking of?

Vespert
We have a winner!!!
For whatever reason, someone diverted flocks of migrating birds using Flight Manipulation into the poor lady's house.

If someone else has a good idea, please go on.

Re: Game: What superpower am I thinking of?

I have one.

Give me a sec to sort it out...

Re: Game: What superpower am I thinking of?

"Well people" The voice of a weary announcer calls out, " We're five hours into the second regional beer drinking contest and even after well over a hundred beers, neither contestant shows any signs of inebriation, unlike many -make that most- of our loyal attendees."

Who's that pok- I mean, What's that power?

Re: Game: What superpower am I thinking of?

@Ves: Nice...

@Zale: Interesting...this one could be A LOT of powers here...Hmmm...MythPower: Bacchanalia?

Re: Game: What superpower am I thinking of?

Nope.

You can ask Yes/No questions to clarify it.