Fractured world rp (Name pending) comments/planning thread!!!

Fractured world rp (Name pending) comments/planning thread!!!

The Junkyard Cat
Hey all well this thread here is for planning I'm still looking for most of the notes I wrote while planning this rp in the beginning of my school year so ya.

For now the theme of it is -MAGIC VS TECH/SCIENCE- So woohoo a theme that is not often used but can be a very fun.

Since there is currently three sides in the rp it will need three GMs

Currently there are two GMs which is me and Dryad.

So any volunteers would be appreciated. Currently Dryad will be the magic side GM and I am the neutral GM.
Just to let you know neutral has access to both magic and tech but has hefty downfalls to them to. I will give as much info on the tech and neutral side as I can Dryad is the expert on the magic side.
My flame shines bright. Just make sure not to get burned by it.

Re: Fractured world rp (Name pending) comments/planning thread!!!

Gentleman Vaultboy
What type of science are we talking about here? Normal, everyday tech (Computers, guns, missiles, and elevators) or SCIENCE!!! (Supercomputers with true A.I., Laser blasters, giant robots, and Moon bases)?

Also, why are magic and science fighting? What's the setting?
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: Fractured world rp (Name pending) comments/planning thread!!!

Gentleman Vaultboy wrote
What type of science are we talking about here? Normal, everyday tech (Computers, guns, missiles, and elevators) or SCIENCE!!! (Supercomputers with true A.I., Laser blasters, giant robots, and Moon bases)?
I hope the second one. That's the most interesting one.

Re: Fractured world rp (Name pending) comments/planning thread!!!

Interest!

Re: Fractured world rp (Name pending) comments/planning thread!!!

The Junkyard Cat
It's a high level of science but not too high, man I wish I knew what the levels of tech were. As for the story of conflict gets kinda complicated. Its post-apoclyptic time frame. Set couple centuries after the end of the world.

The basic set up for how things led up to where they were was that after the "end of the world" thing people some people started gain magical abilities. With the magic the society's tech grew again at a faster pace than before. At some point people started not trusting the people with magical abilities. At some point they were driven out of the cities and they eventually formed their own society.

Because both sides grew apart from each other their ideals would clash.

Just in case you need examples of tech. They have no A.I.s no giant robots ,but at least one story big mechs (like in Lost planet series) and have not developed space travel. As for lasers they only have experimental railguns and use regular ammunition aside for some weaker energy weapons. However one of the tech sides crowning achievements was the soldiers implanted with the sorcerium ability. Few would survive the process to obtain the power, but ya. The do have some capable hover vehicles. And create custom tech for certain individuals with psyche powers.
My flame shines bright. Just make sure not to get burned by it.

Re: Fractured world rp (Name pending) comments/planning thread!!!

Hmm.

So what would be the capabilities of an person from the Magic! side of things?

That's dryads department!
My flame shines bright. Just make sure not to get burned by it.

Re: Fractured world rp (Name pending) comments/planning thread!!!

Who's winning?

not entirely sure what you mean. But no one since neutral has been forcing both sides into a stalemate. Might as well start both sides even right.
My flame shines bright. Just make sure not to get burned by it.

Re: Fractured world rp (Name pending) comments/planning thread!!!

Gentleman Vaultboy
Sorcerium? Like giving our dudes magic to fight magic?

I'm picturing men in white coats isolating the magic gene. I'm picturing vat grown, brandead wizards hooked up inside life support tubes, electrodes jammed into their nervous system to simulate the process by which magic is performed. I see a team surrounded by such dozen such tube wizards, inside a towering ship. Electricity poised to to pour through them. The captain watches with delight as the mass telepotation spell charges up. He sits down, and addressee his helmsman.

"Mr. Tuly, bring me Alpha Century."

The helmsman presses coordinates into the shipboard computer. Energy surges through the vat wizards, causing neurons to fire and muscles to contract in a known imitation of the spell, obtained after in depth study into the mechanics of the human body when using magic.

Their is is a sound like reality sneezing, and the ship is gone.

My God, it would be glorious.
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: Fractured world rp (Name pending) comments/planning thread!!!

Tsubasa & Wen Tien
The magic level of the Magic side is mediumly high. They are capable of creating several constructs such as golems and ice dragons or water tigers. They can use several types of magic as well. Cabanilla, could you put up the names of all of the cities, neutral, magic, and tech?
http://loc.wikia.com/wiki/Mina

In NB:
Crescent's best technique: Moonless Night
Suzu's favorite technique: Shining Blade

Re: Fractured world rp (Name pending) comments/planning thread!!!

The Junkyard Cat
Aaaah found some of my notes. Names of the key cities for all three sides

Magi: Golden city (Capitol), Terra city, The Inferno, The Cascade of water, The city of trees

Tech: Central node (Capitol), The Compound, Medical ward, The Network, Codex city.

Neutral: No man's land, The City of Fifty-two

Current leaders of the sides

Magi: Yvonne Carr (Dryad's character)

Tech: Unknown

Neutral: The Ace of spades, Hearts, Clubs, and Diamonds. (Yes Neutral has four leaders. And the city and characters is a gambling reference)
My flame shines bright. Just make sure not to get burned by it.

Re: Fractured world rp (Name pending) comments/planning thread!!!

How is the magic organized?

If it's like the kind I've seen your characters use, it's probably mentally directed, requiring a minimum of other props and access-limiters to use..

Elemental, I guess.

Well sorcerium I originally thought of it for this rp specifically before Dryad added it to the superpower list. Sorcerium itself is and anti-magic power so it would make sense its extension though is to protect the user from mental and physical ailment caused by magic spells. More straight forward physical attack like fireball can still hurt a sorcerium user

What do you have against summoning?

Well a counter to summoning for tech side is building robots, but that would require more material than the magic side would use so having summoning less often would be key.
My flame shines bright. Just make sure not to get burned by it.

Re: Fractured world rp (Name pending) comments/planning thread!!!

So what does the neutral side do?

Re: Fractured world rp (Name pending) comments/planning thread!!!

She thinks (Correctly) that's it basically ripping another being from their home, then forcing it to do your will.

Of course, there are ways to do summoning that aren't evil.

For example, if you did favors for extrademinsional beings, then called in those favors to summon them.

Like a Fae giving you their name because you saved their life, so you can summon their attention by whispering their name.

Re: Fractured world rp (Name pending) comments/planning thread!!!

So each person with magic focuses on a single area, or what?