Fictional Races, Flora and Fauna

Re: Fictional Races, Flora and Fauna

I'd work on it to make it less cobra-like. Take away the hood, etc.

Re: Fictional Races, Flora and Fauna

jester_of_god
Shorten the tail, make the mouth a bit more humanoid with mabe only two protruding fangs, replace the hood with some spike slike that of a chameleon, usually a lizards skin is looser so the muscles probably wouldn't stand out like that, and visible change in color pattern between the back of the body and the front of the chest and stomach along with the interior of the arms and legs.

Also, are those all the same subject, becaus the legs change between the first and third image.
Welcome one and All to the Jesters Carnival, where the prizes are greater than your wildest dreams, but the nightmares here shall silence you before you can even scream.

Re: Fictional Races, Flora and Fauna

I don't know. I didn't make it. I think so, though.

It's supposed to be an incarnation of a naga, but I wanna Scirita it up.

I thought that Nagas were supposed to be like land mermaids....
Welcome one and All to the Jesters Carnival, where the prizes are greater than your wildest dreams, but the nightmares here shall silence you before you can even scream.

Re: Fictional Races, Flora and Fauna

Their appearances vary.

But none have been described as looking like that.

Well land mermaid being as the lower halfs of their body, I'm hoping starting just past or before the crotch area, have the structure of a snakes.
Welcome one and All to the Jesters Carnival, where the prizes are greater than your wildest dreams, but the nightmares here shall silence you before you can even scream.

Re: Fictional Races, Flora and Fauna

I know what you meant. I was saying that no naga is described as looking like the picture above.

Re: Fictional Races, Flora and Fauna

RISE UNTHREAD! SWAMP THIS FORUM ONCE AGAIN!

I'm considering posting a few more things I'm thinking about.

Essentially, races that each possess one sense tuned to the extreme.

Like one that has aspects of sight tuned up (Telescopic vision, hypnotic gaze, circumspect) and so on..

Re: Fictional Races, Flora and Fauna

Shadowulf1 wrote
But, yeah, you're right, Clairvoyant Draconic Humanoids DOES sound cool.

I come up with creatures all the time, though. I personally prefer my own creations. Like the Fears. Skin white as porcelain, with no body hair, varying absence of facial features and waterproof skin. They come in numerous different flavors.

Dreads: Lithe Fears with faces like theater masks. Stuck always in one expression. Happy...sad...angry, whatever. Their limbs are malleable capable of forming whips, blades, etc, like Clayface from Batman.

Frights: Skinny, borderline frail Fears with wicked agility and flexibility. They have eyes and a nose, but no mouth. Oh, yes, and they are equally fast upright and on all fours. Enough to qualify as a ninja.

Horrors: The generic male Fear. Faceless, with pearly-white skin. Digits, facial features and genitals look like a blank mannequin. Male features of various shapes and sizes. Fingers form into claws.

Phobias: Burly, muscular Fears that have black piercing eyes. Their fingers can turn into claws, but they have a second set of claws that protract like Wolverine.

Terrors: The generic female Fear. Faceless, with pearly-white skin. Digits, facial features and genitals look like a blank mannequin. Female features of various shapes and sizes. Fingers form into claws.

And I'm thinking of doing Alarms as well. With no facial features but a mouth, maybe, capable of sonic screaming/yelling.

Re: Fictional Races, Flora and Fauna

Got a few ideas I could add here. I just might, soon.

Re: Fictional Races, Flora and Fauna

I was thinking, the other day, about starting to draw again, just for the purpose of putting forth a couple critters that came to mind.

I mean, I had the one, which was a handsome, stark-white breed of dog, Canunseen, which can turn invisible.

And Felennui, which can induce boredom (a psychic defense against potential predators); they tend to be white, black, gray, sometimes striped or dappled.

And most recently, I imagined a critter combining the body of a whale, with features (including tusks) like a walrus. To the surprise of nobody, I call it the Whaelrus (I'd call it Whalerus, but the placement of the 'e' would otherwise confuse pronunciation).

Re: Fictional Races, Flora and Fauna

I find myself loving the idea of the Whaelrus...

Re: Fictional Races, Flora and Fauna

I think I may render it soon. I haven't done any drawing in FOREVER, and I rather miss my binders of Celadonian critters, lol