Doctor Who

So, as it turns out, I'm a really huge fan of New Who, the recent line of Doctor Who episodes, which started off back in 2005 with the Ninth Doctor (played by Chris Eccleston). Since then, the Tenth Doctor (David Tennant), the Eleventh (Matt Smith), the Twelfth Doctor (Peter Capaldi) and all of their companions along the way have been a great boatload of fun, from start to finish. I've never seen Classic Who, but I'm a fan of the old Twilight Zone episodes, so I have a feeling that I will like the old episodes, too, once I finally get around to seeing them.

Daleks, Cybermen, Sontarans, Silurians, I just can't get enough of the raw sci-fi-osity of it all. It's good fun, with a strong spirit, a sharp wit, and a slowly-but-surely-developing deeper inner meaning throughout the entire course of its progression. The show itself is morphing, changing, regenerating in astonishing bursts just like a Time Lord, promising always to have some new and intriguing trick up its sleeve. I got to see the 50th anniversary, and hopefully I'll be around for its 100th.

But enough about me. Have we got any other fellow Whovians, Whooligans and *ahem* "Dweeks" in our midst?

Re: Doctor Who

Whovian Marv, Reporting for Active Duty!

Re: Doctor Who

Dweeks? Really?

Re: Doctor Who

ElRigo
So, it has come to my attention that guys who are not into Dr Who are something of an oddity in this forum. So, I guess that makes me special. I do not like Dr Who. Like, at all.

Re: Doctor Who

How?

Honestly, how? I want to know. What about it do you object to?

Re: Doctor Who

ElRigo
Well, the thing is, it not popular over here, so the early exposure a lot of people have did not really happen to me. I tried watching it once when I had nothing better to do, but I just saw vacuum cleaners rolling menacingly and I could not take any of it seriously.

Re: Doctor Who

 Don't look at me. I didn't come up with it. Some bubblebrain decided that being a Whovian and a being a Gleek were similar enough that you could combine the two. It hasn't stuck, but eh, whaddya gonna do?

Re: Doctor Who

You took a work of fiction seriously?

Sorry, that sounded harsher than I intended. Its just that, Dr. Who is, at its core, fairly whimsical. You can't really appreciate it if you scrutinize it. You just gotta go with it.

Like every cult classic ever.

Re: Doctor Who

I actually wasn't exposed to it early at all. I literally started watching late last year when I was 22. I'm 23. Are you just not a fan of science fiction? Cause, if not, then I could see how an immortal time-and-space-traveling alien might be off-putting to you.

Re: Doctor Who

I'll stick with Whovian....

Re: Doctor Who

Gentleman Vaultboy
That's the exact attitude one should have when watching Who. It's pretty much the softess of sci-fi.
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: Doctor Who

 Same here.

Re: Doctor Who

 Who here saw the Series 8 finale? Who missed it?

 Are you guys as excited for the Christmas special as I am?

Re: Doctor Who

I haven't seen any of season 8...as I've mentioned, I have no television

Re: Doctor Who

Myself
Administrator
I saw all the episodes of the latest season online. It is the first full season I have watched.
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Re: Doctor Who

You ought to go back. You missed a good lot, and you'll want to know ALL OF THE THINGS.

Re: Doctor Who

Myself
Administrator
I do know such things.

I have, in the past, merely read about most of the episodes online. I have read deep into the old Who as well.
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Re: Doctor Who

Re: Doctor Who

I'm super late in even bringing it up, but what do y'all think of the news?

What did you think of the 2016 Doctor Who Christmas Special "The Return of Doctor Mysterio"?

The Doctor's New Companion, Bill!

-Preview!

Season 10 is Peter Capaldi's Last Run as The Twelfth Doctor!

Sound off!