Comic?

Myself
Administrator
I recently had an idea: what if some of us made media such as comics, which use this site as inspiration? Then, in turn, some of the comic's income provides funding for this site, meaning less ads, more servers (thus less clogging), more new features!

I'm not much of an artist, but I'm fairly good at writing stories (I have a great imagination), so I can write several books for this. With this site containing literally thousands of powers, there's bound to be inspiration for a bestseller here. In addition, those of us who want to write stories or make comics can use this site as a direct source of inspiration; writers block wouldn't exist because the entire site could help you write it.

I'd like to hear your thoughts; you can be as brutally honest as you want if you see a major flaw in this idea (many of my ideas have had such flaws I haven't seen, so I'm used to it).
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Re: Comic?

Myself
Administrator
Hmmm, I have a few friends who would probably like to write stories for this.
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]
Whd

Re: Comic?

Whd
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Comic?

Myself
Administrator
I know, but my friends and I are in year 11 this year -we'll be able to do this professionally once we've graduated. Another bonus is a few of us (myself included) are studying subjects like Accounting, Business Management, etc which would help us.

As I said, there was probably going to be a few issues, which I can probably sought out eventually. I respect your points.
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Re: Comic?

Ehm...we would need somebody who could arrange the site to add said comic and ads...i.e. an admin (someone with Justin-like superhuman powers of site-editing awesomeness...know anybody like that???)

Re: Comic?

Myself
Administrator
Sorry, the closest I have are a bunch of yr 11's who do games design. Still, if it did go ahead, Justin would be able to hire others to help manage the site; that would be really helpful.
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Re: Comic?

Ehm...we would need Justin (which we have been having a shortage of as of late...)

Re: Comic?

Myself
Administrator
Yeah, that's the biggest problem with this idea.
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Re: Comic?

Re: Comic?

Myself
Administrator
Talking of stories, I have an idea for a book I might write someday. It would be called The Reborns.

In this series, there would be a disease going around, but nobody knows where it came from. The infected show no symptoms until they die of a different cause (old age, housefire, etc), at which point they resurrect as a "Reborn". The time between death and resurrection is initially 24 hours, but from then on it is only 1.

Reborn info:
Changes upon "Birth":
-Stop ageing.
-Gain an ability which does not work in sunlight. This ability depends on form of death, health conditions, genetics, desires and personality, among other things. Some powers are rarer than others.
-Sterility (can breed, but cannot infect anyone else with the disease).
-Immunity to cause of death.
-Can resurrect in an hour.

Differences between a Reborn and one with Resurrection Man:
-Reborns can resurrect multiple times, but their power never changes.
-Their power will shut off in sunlight (unless it uses sunlight).
-A stake through the heart will prevent them from returning.
-Many have a special weakness.

I have two different transmission methods for the disease:
1) It is like AIDS; can be transferred through any body fluid.
2) Can only be transferred through blood contact, from mother to child and through bloodsucking animals (fleas, vampire bats, ticks, leaches, etc). However, it can be transferred through another body fluid if it is contaminated with infected blood and the other person has a similar wound.

Either way, one drop of blood would be enough for infection to occur. I'm thinking the #2 method.
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]
Whd

Re: Comic?

Whd
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Comic?

Myself
Administrator
WHD wrote
I wouldn't empahsize/mention AIDS.
Well, it's an example, but Hepatitis (any contagious form) or even Hemoglophagia (from Ultraviolet) can serve the same example.
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Re: Comic?

jester_of_god
well perhaps we can just start of by turning some of the forums that consist of several pages into an actual book. Like new beginning and what not. It would take a bit of work to convert them into a credible story however. Maybe we can get a few of us that have some writing experience together and form some drafts of the story on a seperate thread, I'm pretty sure that the official RP is ready to be converted though.

Also, could I help. I'm not really that great of an artist, but I think that I know a few that we could ask, it would be best to advertise it on a site like deviant art as a type of group project, it's been done before. As for myself, I might be able to write up a converted story form of a fiew of them.
Welcome one and All to the Jesters Carnival, where the prizes are greater than your wildest dreams, but the nightmares here shall silence you before you can even scream.

Re: Comic?

Myself
Administrator
I like your idea for New Beginning; all you'd need to add is alternate names for the characters. If a book, you'd better add a page for powers, or at least a link to this site so that readers know what powers the characters have.
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Re: Comic?

 interesting...

Re: Comic?

jester_of_god
by the way have any of you ever been to deviant art?
Welcome one and All to the Jesters Carnival, where the prizes are greater than your wildest dreams, but the nightmares here shall silence you before you can even scream.

Re: Comic?

oh, no, access to the internet and looking up superpowers and other supernatural things like different kinds of mermaids, unicorns and centaurs NEVER led me to deviantart!

(NON-sarcastic answer) Yes, I've been there before.

Re: Comic?

jester_of_god
sarcasm noted, but the internet is stupid, who knows who hasn't been there. By the way the next time your their look up Unkown person/ Climber/ Carl/ Ever after. Uknown person is a prety good fight animator, but he hasn't been on in a while.
Welcome one and All to the Jesters Carnival, where the prizes are greater than your wildest dreams, but the nightmares here shall silence you before you can even scream.

Re: Comic?

will do...

Re: Comic?

Myself
Administrator
Luckily, this forum hasn't got many topics, otherwise this would have been dead and buried.

I'm still trying to figure out the problems.
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]
1234 ... 9