voodo

Blackrravian
I was reading a book in voodoo richuals cab you guys tell me more about this cause I am thinking about putting in a book I am writing
the darkest place in the world is the human heart think about it

Re: voodo

Gentleman Vaultboy
Voodoo rituals, to my understanding, go like this:

You have Bondye almighty.

Under him you have the Loa. They're basically angels. They each have separate powers, personalities, and things they like.

What you have to do is get a Voodoo Priest, and get him to summon up a Loa into his body. This Priest is then called the Horse, because the Loa is essentially riding him in this world.

Then, you give the Loa an offering. I'll use Baron Samedi as an example. The Baron likes fine tobacco and quality rum. You let them finish this offering, then make your request. Information, something the Loa can do for you (the Baron, for example, can keep people alive) or to take your request to Bondye the creator.
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: voodo

Philote
Administrator
 Interesting
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: voodo

Gentleman Vaultboy
Voodoo is an interesting sort of religion.
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: voodo

 Indeed. I had to do some studying up on it during my African-American Humanities class, and I got basically the same understanding as you did, as far as I can tell.

Basically, their god Bondye was the supreme ruler, but his emissaries the Loa got and granted all the prayers. And there were enough Loa for a whole frackin' pantheon; different regions all had their own different sets to pray to and pay worship to.

Re: voodo

Don't forget the hat.

Re: voodo

 Ah, Saturday. He is my fave. The only one I truly bothered to remember.