Superhuman/Supernatural/Paranormal Rants (or Props)

Locked 1000 messages Options

Superhuman/Supernatural/Paranormal Rants (or Props)

This is where you can let loose a torrent of rants (or praise) on your least (or most) favorite fictional superhuman abilities, characters, teams, plots and concepts. These can come from comics/graphic novels, and novels of any genres, except the following:

NO romance

NO porn/adult

NO historical fiction

NO original works, unless you are willing to let them get brutalized by others

Other than that, superpowers on the list, new superpower ideas, superpowers that exist but are NOT on the list, superheroes, heroic non-supers, non-heroic non-supers, non-heroic supers, futuristic devices, strange spells from stories about magic, strange animals species encountered in different fictional works, strange and new planets (and their inhabitants), what have you. Here you can discuss and blast (or praise) them all.

Re: Superhuman/Supernatural/Paranormal Rants (or Props)

Magical Items... Of DOOOOM!

*cough*

I think things like magical uber weapons are interesting.

Excalibur, The Spear of Destiny, The Eye Of Balor...

I'm sure everyone knows what Excalibur is.. Though it's supposed powers vary alot. (It's sheathe, however, I know makes one invincible.)

The Spear Of Destiny (The Holy Lance, Longinus) The spear the pierced Christ's side after he was crucified. It's associated with powers like being able to kill anything (Immortals, Gods, Ect). Or just fulfill the ambitions of rulers. Because it's called the Holy Lance, I suppose it would be painful for demons or evil folk to touch or be around.

The Eye Of Balor. The eye of a Fomorian king, Balor of the Evil Eye. It killed anything it looked at. He once destroyed an entire army with a single glance. Because it killed anything and everything, he had to keep it closed almost constantly. It is one of the most potent killing devices that ever existed and the world would tremble if it fell into the wrong hands.

Re: Superhuman/Supernatural/Paranormal Rants (or Props)

Wish
Some powers in my opinion are underrated.

Looking at the last page some of the powers are actually BETTER than they seem.

For example, Dumb---- is a great power because if you want to have an alter ego then Dumb is a good way to hide your identity.

Who would think that the dumb guy in the corner is the super genius hero and etc.

Lukewarm-this is awesome because a person with this power would have the power to survive extreme temperatures. Also combined with a fire based power you can DESTROY things by lowering their temperature that fast or in the case of cold you can superheat anything to lukewarm.

Booger Buster-Granted I'm a little partial since its my own power, it does have uses. You can sneeze in the name of justice for example.

Just think about it Captain Sneeze.

Okay, maybe I exaggerated, but still it is still useful in some circumstances-at least more than Cracktart.

Re: Superhuman/Supernatural/Paranormal Rants (or Props)

Philote
Administrator
Im going to rant about the Kystian and what ill call the wrestling move super powers such as The wild wild west. I dont want to offend anyone but i dont really think they are super powers. Im not saying they should be removed or anything i just dont think they fit in. They kystian ones are all different summons that have different powers as far as i can tell and since they are not based on anything real i think it would make more sense to have simply added a single power that would allow you to summon different versions. For the wrestling move ones they seem to be different fighting moves that could just be added as the ability to do a variety of wrestling moves instead of adding many specify moves that can only be used a certain way.
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Superhuman/Supernatural/Paranormal Rants (or Props)

Vespert
About the wrestling moves, I'd add that most, if not all of them, have some parts that were just copy/pasted from various websites and wiki pages about wrestling and fighting video games. They are usually added in very quick successions, badly edited (verbs that are not conjugated properly, occasional mentions about a (wrestling) "mat" he forgot to change to "ground", impossible or incomprehensible sequences of moves, some descriptions are just one very looooooooooong sentence that's very hard to read, missing words or too many words, bad use of pronouns) and most of the time he doesn't even bother with pros and cons or just writes that there are no cons (which is ridiculous and wrong). And despite all the rejections and warnings, he keeps doing the same mistakes again and again. If I didn't know better, I could swear he does it on purpose to be the one who creates the most superpowers on the List.
Whd

Re: Superhuman/Supernatural/Paranormal Rants (or Props)

Whd
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Superhuman/Supernatural/Paranormal Rants (or Props)

So.. What does everyone think about my Arcana Series,

*Prepares for flames*

Re: Superhuman/Supernatural/Paranormal Rants (or Props)

Philote
Administrator
Arcana, are those the card things used to tell futures? Anyways the series seems good
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Superhuman/Supernatural/Paranormal Rants (or Props)

The actual cards are called Tarot Cards.

The one's I'm basing powers on are the Major Arcana.

So far I have up to The Hermit.

Next Is the Wheel Of Fortune, then Justice, The Hanged Man, Death, Temperance, The Devil, Tower, Star, Moon, Sun, Judgment, and The World.

12 more, at least.

Though It's difficult to think of powers that fit the cards while still not seeming like copies.

The Tarot powers somehow remind me of part 3 of Jojo's Bizzare Adventure where everyone had powers that were named after tarot cards and some had powers named after Egyptian gods.
Whd

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Superhuman/Supernatural/Paranormal Rants (or Props)

UGH...I hate Heroes for giving Sylar the power Psychometry and calling it Clairsentience...

You see, I am like a total parapsychology buff, and I know the difference between the two for SURE.

Clairsentience is the ESP psychic sense of touch: feel auras, the touch of ghosts, and receive psychic touch sensations (itchy palms, a prickly feeling, heat/cold, etc.) with the presence of psychic energy. However, you can also perceive the past/future condition of matter by touching it.

Therefore Psychometry (perceivng the past/future condition of matter, by touching it) is INCLUDED under Clairsentience, but the terms should not be interchanged.

It's called Psychometry if the user can perceive the history of something by touching it (which Sylar could do), but if he could touch auras, receive psychic touch sensations and feel the touch of ghosts, it would have been TRUE Clairsentience.

In the same way, Intuition is not the same as Clairsentience because, despite it being called a FEELING, no actual sensation takes place. The user just knows that somethign is true, or something will happen, and the like.

And here's how I tell the difference between Claircognizance and Intuition...

With Intuition, you just know something. However, this is more likely to be something personal (threats to oneself,  the persence of evil, the right thing to do, when something is about to happen, and the like).

With Claircognizance, you can receive psychich information as well, but it is of a much more impersonal nature (a feeling of complete correctness about the answer to a test, etc.); not to mention, you may even recall randomly recall useful knowledge you already had, or blurt out random facts, with the presence of psychic energy

just check here:

http://theories.activatingevolution.org/swiki/wiki/index.php?title=Claircognizance

http://theories.activatingevolution.org/swiki/wiki/index.php/Intuition

Re: Superhuman/Supernatural/Paranormal Rants (or Props)

I agree that Psychometry is more of an aspect of Clairsentience. It's just that Psychometry is more well known.

However,

..would be otherwise intangible, like spirits (even phasers)...
I disagree that they could touch phasers. Because it is a psychic sense of touch, they should be able to touch things like ghosts, astral projections, and telepathic probes because those are psychic phenomenon.

Phasers are not, so much. They are intangible either from, having their molecules separated or by vibrating right their molecules through and around others. Because of that, I consider that form of intangibility to be physical.

Ghost and other similar things are intangible because they are composed of psychic energy/mental energy. As such, a psychic sense of touch could touch them..

Not to mention that I find Activating Evolution to be, while an excellent site for various superpowers and a great source for ideas, dry and encyclopedic...

Anyway, I know so much about tarot cards because I find occultism, astrology and myths interesting and full of ideas.

Re: Superhuman/Supernatural/Paranormal Rants (or Props)

yeah, well, even though it is a physical power, some can accomplish it be employing psychic power. THOSE kinds of phasers were the ones I meant

PS: HEY! I helped write some of those articles!

They are SUPPOSED to be dry and encyclopedic, lol

Re: Superhuman/Supernatural/Paranormal Rants (or Props)

Ok then.

Whd

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Superhuman/Supernatural/Paranormal Rants (or Props)

okey dokey, glad I could help...

I typically refer to Activating Evolution for ability definitions and uses, because other places tend to have belief biases (either they believe in it, and try to give it a name that doesn't apply, or they try to twist it to tie into their religious beliefs, while others don't believe in psychic powers at all, so they just mix together the similar ones as being completely synonymous)

Re: Superhuman/Supernatural/Paranormal Rants (or Props)

Speaking of superpowers that can get confusing...

PLEASE, when writing in the RP, I must implore you to keep this in consideration. Under NO circumstances shall it ever be considered acceptable, warranted or "cute" for a shapeshifter to shapeshift into another shapeshifter. THAT ISH IS CONFUSING...

If your character can shapeshift, as a rule, they should only be able to take the form of NON-shapeshifting beings. If the character can shapeshift into OTHER shapeshifting characters or species, I will not only REJECT your character, I will trace your account to your house, knock on your door and bludgeon you to death with the biggest, heaviest, rustiest piece of violence that I can find. It won't be pretty, I promise...

Re: Superhuman/Supernatural/Paranormal Rants (or Props)

Hey, can you explain the power of Gnosis to me?

..Note: Sometimes Gnosis is included within Intuition; if the user possesses that faculty along with normal Intuition, they are counted together as just Intuition...

Re: Superhuman/Supernatural/Paranormal Rants (or Props)

Gnosis is just intuition about spiritual truths (the presence of evil, when spirits are present, if there is an afterlife, etc.)